Welcome to Toontastic

Welcome to Toontastic, like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Toontastic by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others as well as comment on articles.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and connect with other fans
  • Participate in the Toontastic Prediction League
  • Upload Images to the Gallery
  • Use the Calendar feeds
  • You can even use your Twitter or Facebook accounts to make the signup even less painless!

Create Your Account Now By Visiting The Links Above or Clicking Here

Photo

Member of the Match?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

AJack

AJack
  • Having Trials

• 15 posts
Alright lads :)

I received an email from the box office the other day saying I'd won a competition to be Member of the Match after entering on the website. It's for the Villa game on the 20th. Has anyone from this board won anything like this before? Apparently you get 2 lounge tickets and directors box tickets and since this is a Monday night I just wanted to make sure it was all legit before spending money on travel and accommodation.

Cheers

Edited by AJack, 02 February 2017 - 12:06 PM.

The Fish

The Fish
  • Pimms Drinking Sh!thouse

• 45,913 posts

Never heard of it. Might be worth asking Twitter?

Alex

Alex
  • Total Tiki Twat

• 58,826 posts

Have you tried contacting the NUFC Box Office directly? Did the email say owt about when you'd get your tickets etc? And change 'guys' to 'lads' before Howmanheyman sees your post.

Pardew is a good manager

Happy Face

Happy Face
  • Legend

• 39,321 posts

Did you enter a competition?

for example...

https://www.nufc.co....for-southampton

AJack

AJack
  • Having Trials

• 15 posts
Edited haha :).

I did enter a competition that I saw on twitter for last nights game, so it's surprised me a bit.
Haven't managed to ring the box office yet because I'm at work but I have emailed them and I'm waiting for a reply.

Email says to go to main Milburn reception from two hours before kick off and that some bloke will ring me on the day to take me pitch side.

The cynic in me says I've been done over. Just seems a little informal to me.

DEIT. I did enter a competition for a stadium tour in January so I might be getting confused?

Edited by AJack, 02 February 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Alex

Alex
  • Total Tiki Twat

• 58,826 posts

If the email's legit, i.e. from the Box Office/nufc, then it's most likely legit. I could imagine them being slapdash about the arrangements too. Canny prize like

Pardew is a good manager

rogerbarton

rogerbarton
  • On The Bench

• 1,008 posts

Who does the email come from? Paste in the exact address here and we'll let you know. If it ends in nufc.co.uk it's probably legitimate. If it's something like xyz@nufc.zyx.co.uk then it isn't. 

Edited by rogerbarton, 02 February 2017 - 01:00 PM.

Happy Face

Happy Face
  • Legend

• 39,321 posts

If the email's legit, i.e. from the Box Office/nufc, then it's most likely legit. I could imagine them being slapdash about the arrangements too. Canny prize like

Better prize than the half time show where they give away a £10 ball from the club shop. But i don't suppose they get retweets and follows from a fat lad kicking a ball at a tarp, so the prize has to be cheap.

Howmanheyman

Howmanheyman
  • Corner Graduate.

• 14,392 posts

Have you tried contacting the NUFC Box Office directly? Did the email say owt about when you'd get your tickets etc? And change 'guys' to 'lads' before Howmanheyman sees your post.

:good:

Too right.

Regarding the OP, I've never heard of this 'member of the match' before and I'd have thought ringing someone at the club to be the way forward? Anyway..... 'Guys'? FFS.
;)

Gemmill

Gemmill
  • Legend

• 48,425 posts
"Member of the match" is right up there with "the Chairman's chutney" for me. Bravo NUFC, you beautiful brainbox.
ChezGiven sucks cock for baccy.

TheGingerQuiff

TheGingerQuiff
  • First Team Regular

• 3,100 posts

Dion Dublin won this before iirc

Alex

Alex
  • Total Tiki Twat

• 58,826 posts

"Member of the match" is right up there with "the Chairman's chutney" for me. Bravo NUFC, you beautiful brainbox.

Reminded me of Smooth Operator and his penchant for sending lasses pics of his pud

Pardew is a good manager

Gemmill

Gemmill
  • Legend

• 48,425 posts

Reminded me of Smooth Operator and his penchant for sending lasses pics of his pud

They should introduce it like they have kiss-cam in American sports. If your crotch gets the zoom in treatment, you have to lop it out.

Alex

Alex
  • Total Tiki Twat

• 58,826 posts

:lol: "It was a cold night, honest"

Pardew is a good manager

Alex

Alex
  • Total Tiki Twat

• 58,826 posts

Btw, didn't take long for this thread to reach the gutter

Pardew is a good manager

The Fish

The Fish
  • Pimms Drinking Sh!thouse

• 45,913 posts

They should introduce it like they have kiss-cam in American sports. If your crotch gets the zoom in treatment, you have to lop it out.

Wasn't there a fat Newcastle fan whose crotch had split and his offal was on show?

AJack

AJack
  • Having Trials

• 15 posts

It does come from a @nufc.co.uk email address and just says they'll call me at some point on the day, which I thought was a bit dogey.

:good:
Too right.
Regarding the OP, I've never heard of this 'member of the match' before and I'd have thought ringing someone at the club to be the way forward? Anyway..... 'Guys'? FFS.
;)

Haha sorry mate, had work head on when sending this, I got through to the stadium tours but they didn't know what I was on about haha, waiting for an email back.

I can't imagine it not being legit but I don't really know what I've won, if anything!

ewerk

ewerk
  • Legend

• 28,953 posts

Get a point of contact and a phone number before booking anything.

Ewerk is right.

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 23,597 posts

Btw, didn't take long for this thread to reach the gutter

how could it sink lower? 

a TT largest member competition?

j69 would walk it

Business as usual

Gemmill

Gemmill
  • Legend

• 48,425 posts

Get a point of contact and a phone number before booking anything.

Chill out Martin Lewis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users