Welcome to Toontastic

Welcome to Toontastic, like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Toontastic by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others as well as comment on articles.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and connect with other fans
  • Participate in the Toontastic Prediction League
  • Upload Images to the Gallery
  • Use the Calendar feeds
  • You can even use your Twitter or Facebook accounts to make the signup even less painless!

Create Your Account Now By Visiting The Links Above or Clicking Here

Photo

Derby County v Newcastle United

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

Poll: NUFC V DCFC

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How many will NUFC score

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How many will NUFC concede

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

The Fish

The Fish
  • Pimms Drinking Sh!thouse

• 45,368 posts

C3u4dYJXUAAtFnK.jpg

C3u4khmWYAABwdt.jpg

NUFC To Score
0 - TheGingerQuiff
1 - wykikitoon, The Fish, Dr Gloom, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice, Dougle
2 - Happy Face, Rayvin, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, Holden McGroin, OTF, tooner, barnabox, LooneyToony, aimaad22, rogerbarton
3 - ewerk, Andrew, Howay, David Kelly, Tom, MiddleAgeCool, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, Renton
4+ - 

NUFC To Concede
0 - Happy Face, Howay, David Kelly, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Holden McGroin, Tom, Anorthernsoul, rogerbarton
1 - wykikitoon, Rayvin, The Fish, Dr Gloom, ewerk, Andrew, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, OTF, tooner, barnabox, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, Renton, LooneyToony, aimaad22, Dougle
2 - MiddleAgeCool, @yourservice
3 - 
4+ - TheGingerQuiff

The Fish

The Fish

• 45,368 posts

Well, fuck. I've jinxed it already, but can someone please put the team names in the right order in the title? ta

wykikitoon

wykikitoon
  • Manager

• 12,030 posts

Return of the Mac giphy.gif

Run when you can, Walk if you have to, Crawl if you must, Just never give up

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 22,802 posts
1-1

Business as usual

The Fish

The Fish

• 45,368 posts

Return of the Mac giphy.gif

coincidentally what we called our latest podcast.

David Kelly

David Kelly
  • Manager

• 11,050 posts

I fancy the crowd to get behind Rafa and the team and we'll get a good performance and result tomorrow.

goonies, on 12 May 2016 - 2:39 PM, said:

Might live in a shit town but when I'm sat in the Stadium of light next season I'll think of you all, you poor poor people. These forums are fuelled by the oxygen of attention and you've all been so obliging. Thankyou!

wykikitoon

wykikitoon
  • Manager

• 12,030 posts

His presser this afternoon could be interesting.

Run when you can, Walk if you have to, Crawl if you must, Just never give up

ewerk

ewerk
  • Legend

• 28,522 posts

I don't think so. He's made his point, he won't push it just yet.

Ewerk is right.

The Fish

The Fish

• 45,368 posts

"disappointed and confused about window" "committed to getting club promoted" "focussed on Derby" "cloob"

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 22,802 posts
Pointed language. Committed to getting the club promoted - but not necessary to seeing out his contract. Unless Ashley walks the line

Business as usual

trooper

trooper
  • Number 9

• 3,980 posts
I expect to here a little sing song tomorrow about "The rotund gentleman from down London way of dubious parentage removing himself from this establishment"
"And the best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs it the way Newcastle should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that"- KEVIN KEEGAN

"Look son, this is the club who got taken to court by the legendary Kevin Keegan and proven guilty.

Look daughter, this is the man who disrespected the greatest goalscorer in our history.

Ayatollah Hermione

Ayatollah Hermione
  • Evil Twin

• 11,548 posts

I fancy the crowd to get behind Rafa and the team and we'll get a good performance and result tomorrow.

Aye, there'll hopefully be some desire from us to get one back at McClaren for steering us into this shit in the first place too

No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 22,802 posts
Fucking mcclaren. It'd be poetic if that balding, red-faced yes man turned us over at home.

Business as usual

Alex

Alex
  • Football Genius

• 58,322 posts

Fucking mcclaren. It'd be poetic if that balding, red-faced yes man turned us over at home.

steve-mcclaren-derby-newcastle-united-nu

Pardew is a good manager

The Fish

The Fish

• 45,368 posts

Don't think McClaren will get the vitriol that Allardyce or Pardew would get. He always struck me as a bit useless but I don't hate him.

Howay

Howay
  • Club Captain

• 9,148 posts

I'm still shocked at how utterly fucking shite he was. 

Holden McGroin

Holden McGroin
  • Legend

• 7,951 posts

Derby win here.

Pardew on Carroll (Dec 10) : "The number nine shirt here is legendary and he has shown the fans that he is big enough and good enough to wear it. It will be a massive, massive blow if he left so it's very important that he stays. Derek assured me that he will."

Pardew speaking about Liverpool deal with Enrique (Apr 13): There’s definitely no deal between the clubs – 100%

Padrew speaking after losing Enrique to Liverpool (Aug 12): "We will get a striker and left-back over the line, 100%"

Lackie92

Lackie92
  • YTS Contract

• 163 posts

Need to go out here and spank them but I think we will drop more points.

David Kelly

David Kelly
  • Manager

• 11,050 posts

I'm still shocked at how utterly fucking shite he was. 

Aye I expected more from him.  Tbf I think if he came in at a different moment, he could have done a lot better but after Pardew and Carver we were in such an awful position it was just too much for him to turn around.  I don't think there's many managers who could have done what Rafa has, you can see the struggle Villa have had despite changing manager twice and spunking a load cash.  Had we not had someone like Rafa, I don't think promotion would have been a very likely scenario this season.

goonies, on 12 May 2016 - 2:39 PM, said:

Might live in a shit town but when I'm sat in the Stadium of light next season I'll think of you all, you poor poor people. These forums are fuelled by the oxygen of attention and you've all been so obliging. Thankyou!

Howay

Howay
  • Club Captain

• 9,148 posts

Aye I expected more from him.  Tbf I think if he came in at a different moment, he could have done a lot better but after Pardew and Carver we were in such an awful position it was just too much for him to turn around.  I don't think there's many managers who could have done what Rafa has, you can see the struggle Villa have had despite changing manager twice and spunking a load cash.  Had we not had someone like Rafa, I don't think promotion would have been a very likely scenario this season.

Aye I think that is more fair and accurate than my post. It's easy to forget he started with essentially a midfield pairing of Colback and Anita, we're really seeing just how inept they are this season as honestly both look out of their depth even at this level (Anita is arguably doing fine at RB but I'm talking as a CM).

You're spot on about Rafa in all, the Villa situation really does put the job he's doing into perspective. He's also doing it with a squad that the bulk of isn't up to snuff. I expected a lot more from players like Anita, Lascelles, Dummett, and Colback, as although they're not PL level I expected them to be effective in the Championship but honestly they still look crap. With this in mind I agree completely that without Rafa we'd not be seeing promotion as likely by this point, I think we'd more likely be in the play-off scrap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users