Welcome to Toontastic

Welcome to Toontastic, like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Toontastic by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others as well as comment on articles.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and connect with other fans
  • Participate in the Toontastic Prediction League
  • Upload Images to the Gallery
  • Use the Calendar feeds
  • You can even use your Twitter or Facebook accounts to make the signup even less painless!

Create Your Account Now By Visiting The Links Above or Clicking Here

Photo

Norwich v Newcastle 14th Feb

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: NUFC v NCFC

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How many will Newcastle score

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How many will Newcastle concede

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

The Fish

The Fish
  • Pimms Drinking Sh!thouse

• 45,560 posts

C4iDiPfWEAIncPM.jpg

They're in really good form, 4 wins and a draw from the last 5 league games, just put 5 past Forest.  Only Brighton and Huddersfield have more points at home than Norwich, they're also the top goal scorers at home in the league.

I'm predicting a loss, maybe 3-1 to the Drunken Delia's.

NUFC To Score
0 - wykikitoon, TheGingerQuiff
1 - The Fish, Holden McGroin, Lackie92, strawb, OTF, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Dougle, @yourservice
2 - MiddleAgeCool, Rayvin, ewerk, Happy Face, acrossthepond, Ant, zico martin, Tom, Kitman, barnabox, LooneyToony, Dr Gloom
3 - Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, Anorthernsoul, scoobos, rogerbarton, ohhh_yeah
4+ - 

NUFC To Concede
0 - wykikitoon, Andrew, Happy Face, strawb, Howay, Tom, Kitman, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Dr Gloom
1 - ewerk, StoneColdStephenIreland, Ant, zico martin, Anorthernsoul, scoobos, OTF, rogerbarton, Dougle, ohhh_yeah
2 - Holden McGroin, MiddleAgeCool, Rayvin, Lackie92, acrossthepond, barnabox, LooneyToony, @yourservice
3 - The Fish
4+ - TheGingerQuiff

wykikitoon

wykikitoon
  • Manager

• 12,103 posts

Aye, this is going to be a real tester. Please no Colback.

Run when you can, Walk if you have to, Crawl if you must, Just never give up

Rayvin

Rayvin
  • Club Captain

• 8,920 posts

Draw IMO. It's away and Norwich will fancy it. They'll attack us. Our problem recently has been teams shutting up shop. Norwich are unlikely to do that.

Idealistic Fuckwit.

Lackie92

Lackie92
  • YTS Contract

• 187 posts

Brighton's run of games on the lead up to facing us are more favourable than ours. A win would be class but I think we will drop points here...

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 23,141 posts
Then coming at us could play into our hands .. if Gayle is fit. Any update there?

Business as usual

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 23,141 posts
Still no weaknesses :lol:

Business as usual

The Fish

The Fish

• 45,560 posts

Still no weaknesses :lol:

No significant weaknesses.

There isn't one part of our game that significantly impedes our chances of winning a game. That doesn't mean we've no shortcomings, just no achilles heel.

There was a lot of chatter before the game about our perceived weakness at defending set pieces, but in that game Clark and Lascelles were imperious throughout the game and dealt with everything that came at them, and when called upon Darlow claimed balls into his box like picking apples from a tree.

We see areas to improve on, of course, but there isn't an area of our game that troubles me going into most games in this division. We're not playing brilliantly, and teams are digging in deeper and deeper against us. So I've predicted a win for Norwich because they're a decent Championship team and they've players with the ability to pull something from nothing. 

Dr Gloom

Dr Gloom
  • Zany hoverboard king

• 23,141 posts
Distribution from our left back isn't a weakness? I can think of a fairly significant ginger weakness in midfield.

Edited by Dr Gloom, 13 February 2017 - 02:51 PM.

Business as usual

trooper

trooper
  • Number 9

• 4,039 posts
Gayle is available Rafa said in the presser.
"And the best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs it the way Newcastle should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that"- KEVIN KEEGAN

"Look son, this is the club who got taken to court by the legendary Kevin Keegan and proven guilty.

Look daughter, this is the man who disrespected the greatest goalscorer in our history.

Park Life

Park Life
  • Legend

• 33,667 posts

Gayle is available Rafa said in the presser.

Thank the Lord!

Art destroys ideas.

Howay

Howay
  • Club Captain

• 9,396 posts

I'm fairly confident we'll pick something up from this, especially if Gayle is fit. As Rayvin said if they're high scorers at home they may fancy their chances and open up a bit to chase the win, in the games that teams have done this we've mostly won.

They have a good scoring rate but they've also let in a canny amount of goals this season and we have an excellent away record. I've went for 3-0 (as I do basically every game) but it'll no doubt be a mental score like 5-3 or something as last couple of seasons our games against these have been crackers.

LooneyToony

LooneyToony
  • First Team Squad

• 663 posts

mmm...chocolate covered saltine crackers.  Ever try them?

StraightEdgeWizard

StraightEdgeWizard
  • Legend

• 23,803 posts
Is this on foreign telly?

adios

adios
  • Fudge Panda

• 10,670 posts

Unfortunately I don't see it scheduled or listed on nufc.com.

I was hopeful too due to the timing, but I guess there's euro matches on?

"Glenn Roeder has stood up all his life and he will stay standing, whatever happens to him."
Glenn Roeder on Glenn Roeder.

I came for the banter, I stayed for deadman's line attenuation

trooper

trooper
  • Number 9

• 4,039 posts

Is this on foreign telly?

No mate nowt doing next one on the telly villa next Monday night on Sky

Edited by trooper, 14 February 2017 - 12:03 AM.

"And the best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs it the way Newcastle should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that"- KEVIN KEEGAN

"Look son, this is the club who got taken to court by the legendary Kevin Keegan and proven guilty.

Look daughter, this is the man who disrespected the greatest goalscorer in our history.

The Fish

The Fish

• 45,560 posts

Distribution from our left back isn't a weakness? I can think of a fairly significant ginger weakness in midfield.

Not a significant weakness in our ability to win games. The Ginger Pirlo doesn't start regularly enough to be considered a real weakness and Dummet's lack of attacking ability hasn't significantly weakened our chances of scoring. We'd be better if both of those players were improved upon, of course, but we're not weakened enough by them to damage our chance of winning games. 

Put it this way, Colback played 90 minutes against Wolves and was shite throughout, but we still looked fairly comfortable and good for the win. Dummett's flank offered bugger all in attack until Atsu came on and yet we still created enough chances to win the game.

I'm fairly confident we'll pick something up from this, especially if Gayle is fit. As Rayvin said if they're high scorers at home they may fancy their chances and open up a bit to chase the win, in the games that teams have done this we've mostly won.

They have a good scoring rate but they've also let in a canny amount of goals this season and we have an excellent away record. I've went for 3-0 (as I do basically every game) but it'll no doubt be a mental score like 5-3 or something as last couple of seasons our games against these have been crackers.

:huh:

Edited by The Fish, 14 February 2017 - 07:39 AM.

Howmanheyman

Howmanheyman
  • Corner Graduate.

• 14,252 posts
:lol:

Rayvin

Rayvin
  • Club Captain

• 8,920 posts

I think it was an amalgamation of our two points, Fish. Naturally I was the one to get credit though. ;)

Idealistic Fuckwit.

Howay

Howay
  • Club Captain

• 9,396 posts
:lol:

Noelie

Noelie
  • First Team Regular

• 2,400 posts

Nowt on in California but the Villa game is on beIN sports Channel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users