Welcome to Toontastic

Welcome to Toontastic, like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Toontastic by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others as well as comment on articles.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and connect with other fans
  • Participate in the Toontastic Prediction League
  • Upload Images to the Gallery
  • Use the Calendar feeds
  • You can even use your Twitter or Facebook accounts to make the signup even less painless!

Create Your Account Now By Visiting The Links Above or Clicking Here

Photo

Best AV software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wykikitoon

wykikitoon
  • Manager

• 12,103 posts

I have just got a new laptop and with it comes Macafee for a month or so.  What's the best AV software nowadays?

Run when you can, Walk if you have to, Crawl if you must, Just never give up

Sonatine

Sonatine
  • First Team Regular

• 2,935 posts

I've been using Bullguard the last couple of years, never had a problem with it.

Welcomin’ sinners with whiskey, rock & roll, and one bad-ass beard.

"Shut your noise, you fucking old cunt"

Renton

Renton
  • Chairman

• 19,999 posts
Windows defender should be perfectly adequate unless you're into Jimbo level stuff.

Edited by Renton, 05 March 2017 - 04:13 PM.

Park Life

Park Life
  • Legend

• 33,654 posts

I have just got a new laptop and with it comes Macafee for a month or so.  What's the best AV software nowadays?

Macafee is very resources intensive and invasive into your workflow. It's always running stuff in the background and has a largish memory footprint.

Two free ones that are good are Avast and AVG both of which I've used for ages. You can support these with something like Malwarebytes which you can set as passive and just run it once a week. MB will sometimes pick up adware of other nasty things that have evaded the core antivirus.

You can also set Avast to run minimally when you are doing processor intensive tasks so that it doesn't pester or slow things down.

http://uk.pcmag.com/...tection-of-2017

Edited by Park Life, 05 March 2017 - 05:10 PM.

Art destroys ideas.

Happy Face

Happy Face
  • Legend

• 39,168 posts
Avg
CCleaner
Adblocker

All free.

Never had any bother

Renton

Renton
  • Chairman

• 19,999 posts
I've used Avast and AVG in the past, but all the online advice at the moment is that the inbuilt windows software is okay unless you're a wrong un. Ask Howay what be uses? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users