Welcome to Toontastic

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Happy Face

Music Of The Week

Best new album this week?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Best new album this week?

• Kendrick Lamar
    • Tinie Tempah
    • Actress
    • FAST & FURIOUS 8: THE ALBUM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keep meaning to catch up on back catalogues, but keep ploughing on with new artists and old favourites.

Started listening to Roxy Music and Can last week though and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyone fancy voting for a band/artist each week for everyone else to listen to, learn about and comment on?

Tied in the vote with new albums for the week so there's something for people who already know them inside out.  

Can add any other to the vote.

I'd be up for this though I have a broad but shallow taste in music, so not sure I could add much insight.

Obviously voted Future Islands. Saw them in Paris summer before last by bribing security for held back tickets. :D

Edited by Park Life

Got the new one yet?

Nothing stood out on my first listen like seasons immediately appealed.

Haven't heard the full new album yet. Couple of tracks sounded a bit lazy or re-workings of old ideas.

My main interest in them is the mix of 80's Manchester/Sheffield/Liverpool period of alt synth bands. There is a clear melancholy to most of their tracks that linger in the mind and actually don't reward too close a listen. It is something far away that promises to reveal itself but never quite does..This is their charm. There is some Psychedelic Furs, Icicle Works and Simple Minds creeping about in there as well.

Proper review to follow. My mate likes them cause the lead singer looks like his brother.

Edited by Park Life

Not so new but I've been on Steven Wilsons "Hand. Cannot. Erase." a lot lately.

Lat week saw a 3 way tie between Future Islands, Fujiya & Miyagi and Joey Bada$$

Haven't listened to F&M but prefer the FI to the JB.

This week... it has to be a landslide right?

Listened to KL several times during the week and just can't love it. Though that goes for pretty much all of his work. I don't dislike it but don't understand the acclaim that he gets.

PRIDE off the KL album was produced by Steve Lacy.  18 year old and he gets a track on the biggest album of the year so far... and he still works exclusively on an iphone!

Except he doesn't work exclusively on iPhone and that track wasn't recorded / produced exclusively on an iPhone.

Except that he has himself tweeted exactly the opposite to your story just today. Fuck the MSM.

The fucker is using a 330 Rickenbacker, a fender precision bass and "there is all this studio equipment", there is no chance he uses his phone and an irig to record the music he releases.

People just talk such shite.

Edited by sammynb

Did seem questionable like. Those irigs are $40 and get minging reviews for their sound.

Shite headphones and all

as an aside for anyone looking a new pair the ones i use for the office have dropped down to £130 from £230 and are excellent https://www.whathifi.com/akg/n60-nc/review

The fucker is using a 330 Rickenbacker, a fender precision bass and "there is all this studio equipment", there is no chance he uses his phone and an irig to record the music he releases.

People just talk such shite.

The first few bars sounded so clean no way it was recorded without professional gear.