Soccer-Equatorial Guinea’s hat-trick hero declared ineligible (Reuters)

BERNE, July 19 (Reuters) – Equatorial Guinea midfielder Emilio Nsue, scorer of a hat-trick in the 4-3 World Cup qualifying win over Cape Verde, was ineligible to play and his side have forfeited the match, FIFA said on Friday. Cape Verde were awarded a 3-0 win from game played on March 24, giving them an outside chance of overhauling Tunisia at the top of African Group B, FIFA said FIFA also awarded Cape Verde a 3-0 win from the return, played last month, after Real Mallorca’s Nsue took part in that game as well when ineligible. Cape Verde had won that game 2-1. …

You must be logged in to post a comment Login