Soccer-Spurs open new contract talks with Bale, Vertonghen out (Reuters)

July 26 (Reuters) – Tottenham Hotspur have opened new contract talks with their midfielder Gareth Bale and are confident of keeping the Wales international despite him being linked with a move to Real Madrid on an almost daily basis, manager Andre Villas-Boas said on Friday. “He signed a new contract last year but talks have started between the chairman and his agent and are ongoing,” Villas-Boas told the media in Hong Kong where Spurs are playing in the Premier League Asian Trophy pre-season competition. “It doesn’t mean there is going to be an agreement but we are confident. …

You must be logged in to post a comment Login