All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. mackem messageboard gold

And gather at Trafalgar Square to shout at another statue.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Well I've not read anything on the internet since the new series began so I've given an independent opinion. I'm just finding it a bit contrived, and really, what has happened? We even have Tyrion repeating the same jokes, literally, without bothering to make new ones. The Arya thing is just because she was a kid at the start, obviously. And she still looks like an early teens tomboy despite being in her 20s. But, apart from that, it reminds me of what everybody said (in the 80s) they would do in the last moments of their life when they heard the 5 minute warning. "I'd spend it having sex". No, you wouldn't. You'd spend it throwing up and shitting yourself. Also totally incongruous behaviour for a no-one imo. It's just a cheap script.
  5. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Because if you've been following the characters for 7+ seasons and think nothing happened in the last two episodes I don't really understand what you've been getting out of the show I suppose. This is not specifically calling you out btw as I've seen it all over the internet so far but the fact people have a problem with Arya having some fairly un-graphic consensual sex when almost every other female character in the series has been raped at some point is quite odd.
  6. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Why? Loved it and really appreciate a story arc which has a destination, rather than the usual bollocks series where they descend into a soap opera or worse. Just think the last 2 series (so far) have been worse than the preceding ones. Also the 2 year gap hasnt helped. The actors have physically aged.
  7. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Only 6 episodes? Shit, thought there were 8. The pacing of the show in its entirety hasn't been great tbh.
  8. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

I've been enjoying it, both episodes have been full of good, important character moments. Next week the action kicks off, some well liked characters will fall for sure. If the threat of the dead is done by the end of next week, which I doubt as GoT is rarely that cut and dried then the question of the throne and who else is going to fall, which sides certain characters will fall into when we're back to people fighting people and who that will put them at odds with will be good to watch as well. Surprised you've managed to make to make it 8 seasons in with takes like that Renton.
  9. mackem messageboard gold

i keep going back for more reading of rtg tonight. it’s melting it’s melting haha
  10. Politics

I’ll put this in here but it could also go in the Europe thread. CT if you’re eavesdropping I’d like to hear your thoughts on this thread. Then I’ll probably slate fuck out of you, but not if you’re sensible and just address it’s content....
  11. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Episode 2 was well written I thought. I really enjoyed it but said much the same to the missus, there’s only 6 episodes and this time next week we’ll be halfway through. The Dani/John Snow thing is the key storyline. From the outset it seems pretty easy to see how that will play out but we’ll see.
  12. Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

OBVIOUSLY SOME SPOILERS. Anyone watching S8 or have we al fallen asleep? First 2 episodes, that's 1/4 of the last series, fuck all has happened. Just a long recap with some in-jokes. Arya getting nailed, which just seemed wrong, is about the only eye brow raiser. Next episode os obviously an hour long zombie battle, but with 3/4 of the cast hemmed up in Winterfell it's inconcievable the dead can win so for me there is little tension. The series arc is predictable. I hope something amazingly unexpected happens but I'm dubious tbh, we'll see.
  13. Other Games 18/19

14. mackem messageboard gold

I'd like them to get to the play off final and blow it monumentally. They could "take London" again. By take, I mean stand about drinking cans of warm piss in the vicinity of a capital landmark. Twats.
  15. Other Games 18/19

I can’t see promotion being any good for Boro anyway. They are utterly wank, the fans would probably prefer another year in the championship to getting roundly bummed every week by average premier league clubs.
  16. Other Games 18/19

Thats fuckin beautiful Derby have a game in hand on Boro, reckon 6th is theirs if they keep their cool and beat Bristol City on Saturday
  17. NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Aye. Coldstream, on a pitch even I graced once or twice August 1991BK (before Keegan )
  18. General Random Conversation..

Rooftop pool being emptied by an earthquake in the Philippines. Jesus titty-fucking Christ
  19. Other Games 18/19

Fuck me, Sky have an absolute raging bone on for Leeds, like. They're on just about every week and I see one of their channels has highlights from derby v Leeds followed by West Brom v Leeds.
  20. mackem messageboard gold

Maybe Cattermole misses another penalty at a key stage of the second leg or something. Hope they don’t get another day out at Wembley tbh. It’d be funny as fuck watching them spend another year in division 3.
  21. mackem messageboard gold

Christ, I really hope they get beat in the semis of the playoffs. Just end the season on the wettest fart possible.
  22. Rafa Benitez

It’s certainly ambiguous enough for that to be the case. A bit like ‘every penny the club generates’ patter
  23. mackem messageboard gold

Aye, but enough about Adam Johnson
  24. United v Soton

Yeah, he did well. He’s benefitting from being coached by Benitez but it’s a testament to him that absorbed what he’s been taught also. I also think that playing as one of a back 3 suits him perfectly
  25. mackem messageboard gold

What we are witnessing is the glorious end-stage of a mass outbreak on Wearside of “the first lass in school to get tits”syndrome - they all went full pelt when “she” was briefly attractive, but now that “she’s” a bucket-fannied, worn out slapper, they’re still stubbornly convincing themselves that she’s worth getting a chub-on for, even as they watch her thumb sized nipples droop out of the bottom of her manky Kappa shellsuit top. It’s a joy to witness
  26. United v Soton

Just watched the full game. He may not be the most technically gifted footballer, but Dummett is a quality defender.
  27. United v Soton

It was at least a yellow just for the foul even without the other factors.
  1. Load more activity

Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff