Wine

Macdonalds

Burger King

The Sun newspaper

Music festivals

Facebook

Myspace

Bebo

:lol: Stick to going to games once every 5 years, and issuing threats down the phone you west end bamp.

Had a browse about there, also that Penny Crayon lass who posts on here slags our shit patter off :rolleyes:

Looks like Martin Jol's fucked off though so things could be looking up. Could we get 11 lads to play them at Coach Lane yes or no?

You on about me, you cheeky fucker? :icon_lol:

There's good and shit on both boards tbh. The patter on here went through a period of being tedious as fuck, hence why I started using NO more.

Fuck me it must've been. A 30 PAGE THREAD on their annual best posters awards pmsl :lol: always makes me laugh. Some yank got best foreign poster up and there was a written commentary like at the BAFTA's only with nothing funny being said. Needed a bit of James Corden/Jean Luc Picard spice to it.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the day, I think the 'core' of members here is what holds this forum back in terms of numbers and how many people sign up. Sometimes I think people joining are made to prove themselves on certain levels before they are 'accepted'.

Such as? Just Curious.

IMO There is a tiny bit of clique-ism going on here (same as every forum on t'internet) but I think for the most part the regulars try to make people feel accepted.

Mind you, if you want to see the same cliquey dull patter day in, day out just go on skunkers for a couple of days.

There's the friends corner, or the Trent Posse as it's known. It ontains Alex 2J, Gemmill, Catmag, MM, that german fella, The fuckin Fish, Renton oh dear, and a few others. The clique is there but to be honest, since I started using this board I've never felt it that cliquey to be honest, if you keep posting they think ah aye he's a canny poster, I was cheeky at the start, but there's lots of Nomad's on here like me, and I've one or two really good friends off here, so don't think its a clique. Just gets on my tits when the younger element come on who have literally no clue.

Well they aren't going to though are they, and sometimes it needs to be accepted, that younger posters grew up in a different era. All I know pre-Shepherd is what I've read up on. That's not because I'm clueless but because I wasn't around. Though I do think it's queer how we get foreign posters who've never stepped foot in Newcastle before who like us enough to want to post here. Flattering but slightly odd. :lol:

Aye but LM had a point when some 17 year old spotty student from Singapore was telling him he was talking shite on NO.

I'm not familiar with the incident, but judging from what I know about Leazes, the kid was probably right :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez
End of the day, I think the 'core' of members here is what holds this forum back in terms of numbers and how many people sign up. Sometimes I think people joining are made to prove themselves on certain levels before they are 'accepted'.

Such as? Just Curious.

IMO There is a tiny bit of clique-ism going on here (same as every forum on t'internet) but I think for the most part the regulars try to make people feel accepted.

Mind you, if you want to see the same cliquey dull patter day in, day out just go on skunkers for a couple of days.

There's the friends corner, or the Trent Posse as it's known. It ontains Alex 2J, Gemmill, Catmag, MM, that german fella, The fuckin Fish, Renton oh dear, and a few others. The clique is there but to be honest, since I started using this board I've never felt it that cliquey to be honest, if you keep posting they think ah aye he's a canny poster, I was cheeky at the start, but there's lots of Nomad's on here like me, and I've one or two really good friends off here, so don't think its a clique. Just gets on my tits when the younger element come on who have literally no clue.

Oh, I agree to an extent.

However, I got a bit annoyed one time when shackbleep posted exactly the same thing as me and that got the replies. That's when it tends to feel cliquey. I know I'm being a bit "woe is me" but it's how I feel.

Other than that it's a great laugh.

I think if you changed your screen name you'd have got the replies, "Zebra" it sounds like someone in the Yaounde Mags would call themselves not from our hardcore area of North Shields.

Such as? Just Curious.

However, I got a bit annoyed one time when shackbleep posted exactly the same thing as me and that got the replies. That's when it tends to feel cliquey. I know I'm being a bit "woe is me" but it's how I feel.

I think if you changed your screen name you'd have got the replies, "Zebra" it sounds like someone in the Yaounde Mags would call themselves not from our hardcore area of North Shields.

It's the name I had since '98 since I was on the-strawberry.com. I thought if anybody happened across me in other forums they'd recognise me. Hasn't happened yet :lol:

But you're right. I've grown to hate the name. Who do I talk to to get it changed?

Such as? Just Curious.

I'm hardly part of a 'clique' man - not been here long enough! :lol:

Think that incident was purely circumstantial rather than anything cliquey to be fair.

Such as? Just Curious.

I'm hardly part of a 'clique' man - not been here long enough! :lol:

Think that incident was purely circumstantial rather than anything cliquey to be fair.

Fair enough, like.

But to me it seemed like if I wasn't part of the banter-y crew I wasn't gonna get a reply. Like I said it was 'at the time'.

If you want quantity go to N-O, if you want quality stay here. You wouldn't be missed like.

If you want quantity go to N-O, if you want quality stay here. You wouldn't be missed like.

See, it's fucking high-horse dog's cocks like you that pull the place down. Go fuck yourself

See, it's fucking high-horse dog's cocks like you that pull the place down. Go fuck yourself

:lol: easy, tiger.

No, it's the insistence of both you and LM to argue your respective points to death - when you both fine well know the other won't budge, that's crucifying this place.

You seem to have a massive inability to take criticism as well.

No, it's the insistence of both you and LM to argue your respective points to death - when you both fine well know the other won't budge, that's crucifying this place.

Read my previous reply to ewerk. My view is very reasoned, it's Leazes trying to argue a point that I was never making. Besides, that's all in one thread now, a thread that the person who makes this place possible is happy to contribute in, so where's the problem?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Ahhh. That's better!

Cheers, Stevie!

There ye are, that's better put formerly known as Zebra in your sig in case people remember you from the past.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Ahhh. That's better!

Cheers, Stevie!

There ye are, that's better put formerly known as Zebra in your sig in case people remember you from the past.

*Ahem* :lol:

|

|

|

|

V

haha :lol:

It's good having a variety of toon boards, I only ever use this one really, although I had a row with a yid on the toon's footymad yesterday, because there's about 6 boards and you find one where you fit in. I could never stay at Skunkers some knowledgable lads but despite their knowledge by and large they're mugs where racism goes unchecked.

Ahhh. That's better!

Cheers, Stevie!

*Ahem* :lol:

|

|

|

|

V

haha :lol:

It's good having a variety of toon boards, I only ever use this one really, although I had a row with a yid on the toon's footymad yesterday, because there's about 6 boards and you find one where you fit in. I could never stay at Skunkers some knowledgable lads but despite their knowledge by and large they're mugs where racism goes unchecked.

I really enjoyed it at first, but then I started getting stalked by mackems. One weird argument later and I'm back here, never to return.

Read my previous reply to ewerk. My view is very reasoned, it's Leazes trying to argue a point that I was never making. Besides, that's all in one thread now, a thread that the person who makes this place possible is happy to contribute in, so where's the problem?

The point has nothing to do with it being a reasoned view. It's to do with the fact that you're both stubborn as fuck and consistently argue your case as if you believe the other is going to back down.

The problem is that the persistence has demonstrably driven people away from this site.

Suggesting that it's contained in one thread now is bollocks too because no sooner has one of you contributed to another thread, along comes the other being as contrary as is possible - regardless of subject. And it all boils down to the fact that one of you is vehemently pro-Shepherd and the other is the exact opposite. Seriously man, simply agree to disagree and let it go because it is crippling this place.

I don't see why it should be suddenly acceptable because one person has 'happily contributed' to that thread either. Who are you referring to as 'the person who makes this place possible' anyway? It was setup and is run by a team of about 5 I believe.

The point has nothing to do with it being a reasoned view. It's to do with the fact that you're both stubborn as fuck and consistently argue your case as if you believe the other is going to back down.

The problem is that the persistence has demonstrably driven people away from this site.

Suggesting that it's contained in one thread now is bollocks too because no sooner has one of you contributed to another thread, along comes the other being as contrary as is possible - regardless of subject. And it all boils down to the fact that one of you is vehemently pro-Shepherd and the other is the exact opposite. Seriously man, simply agree to disagree and let it go because it is crippling this place.

I don't see why it should be suddenly acceptable because one person has 'happily contributed' to that thread either. Who are you referring to as 'the person who makes this place possible' anyway? It was setup and is run by a team of about 5 I believe.

I'm merely trying to get my point of view across. He's the one being stubborn, unable to accept that I've never said or claimed any of the things he's trying to argue about. It's like me calling you a racist cunt for saying that Bramble deserves to be locked up just for being black. You've never said it, so you'd argue it if I was saying you said it!

Now even you're doing it. I am not the fucking opposite of pro-Shepherd, and until you actually understand that my views are in the middle, reasonable etc, and that it's Leazes that's the stubborn cunt who won't budge, then I'm just going to consider you a bell-end just like him.

I wouldn't argue it on the grounds that there is fuck all to back up your claim tbh.

For the arguments to still being going on, you're both being stubborn. If one of you wasn't (like you claim) then the argument would stop.

And lastly, your views appear to be anti-Shepherd by virtue of the fact that you argue so vehemently against Leazes. If that's mis-representing your true views then you're doing yourself a massive dis-service by carrying on arguing as that's the opinion it portrays of you.

I wouldn't argue it on the grounds that there is fuck all to back up your claim tbh.

For the arguments to still being going on, you're both being stubborn. If one of you wasn't (like you claim) then the argument would stop.

And lastly, your views appear to be anti-Shepherd by virtue of the fact that you argue so vehemently against Leazes. If that's mis-representing your true views then you're doing yourself a massive dis-service by carrying on arguing as that's the opinion it portrays of you.

It bugs the shit out of me when he has little digs at Ashley in every other thread suggetsing that all would be rosey under Shepherd. He's wrong, and I'll keep telling him he's wrong until he believes it, or stops with the digs/suggestions.

It bugs the shit out of me when he has little digs at Ashley in every other thread suggetsing that all would be rosey under Shepherd. He's wrong, and I'll keep telling him he's wrong until he believes it, or stops with the digs/suggestions.

Then you're undeniably as stubborn as him. Learn to ignore his pro-Shepherd carry on like the rest of us. :lol: