Magpies set Barton fee

shackbleep

If there's even a grain of truth in this that fat cunt really is intent of pissing us off!!! :nah::lol::angry2:

Selling him now would be fucking madness!

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are prepared to sell Joey Barton for a cut-price fee of £1.5million in January.

The Magpies are believed to be willing to listen to offers for the midfield dynamo with Barton entering the final 18 months of his contract.

The news has alerted a host of clubs to Barton's possible availability when the transfer window reopens next month.

West Ham and Aston Villa are both thought to be leading the chase for the former Manchester City star as they look to bolster their midfield options.

Barton has arguably been Newcastle's stand-out performer this season with a number of eye-catching displays leading to calls for a return to the international scene with England.

The 28-year-old has chipped in with two goals and four assists in the Premier League with the midfielder providing much of the ammunition for Andy Carroll's goals this term.

Despite his impressive form this season, Newcastle are thought to be willing to cash in on Barton in a bid to trim their wage bill and bring in some funds.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6605977,00.html

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculating to Accumulate doesn't even register with these jokers.

£1.5 million for our most creative ball spreader is insulting. For all we've been through with JB you'd think £1.5m was far too low to even warrant discussions with other clubs.

Then again, this is Ashley ...

If there's even a grain of truth in this that fat cunt really is intent of pissing us off!!! :nah::lol::angry2:

Selling him now would be fucking madness!

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are prepared to sell Joey Barton for a cut-price fee of £1.5million in January.

The Magpies are believed to be willing to listen to offers for the midfield dynamo with Barton entering the final 18 months of his contract.

The news has alerted a host of clubs to Barton's possible availability when the transfer window reopens next month.

West Ham and Aston Villa are both thought to be leading the chase for the former Manchester City star as they look to bolster their midfield options.

Barton has arguably been Newcastle's stand-out performer this season with a number of eye-catching displays leading to calls for a return to the international scene with England.

The 28-year-old has chipped in with two goals and four assists in the Premier League with the midfielder providing much of the ammunition for Andy Carroll's goals this term.

Despite his impressive form this season, Newcastle are thought to be willing to cash in on Barton in a bid to trim their wage bill and bring in some funds.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6605977,00.html

I think the report is true about selling Barton but not to trim wages or for funds. I have a sneaky feeling that he doesn't want to be here anymore after Hughton's sacking. Every other player thats had rumours going around have stood up and reinforced the fact they want to stay at NUFC. But Barton didn't and I think he's not happy at the club anymore.

If this is the case, then two fingers and fuck off! We've stood by him through everything, revived his career and stuck up for him. And as soon as he is playing close to his potential, he wants to leave?

I have to agree with the above, £1.5mil for a player who was being told he could play for England are well below the valuation point. Its not like he is out of contract this summer, maybe then I could understand. 18 months left on the contract and the £1.5mil would be better kept as he is the only one supplying Carroll with the bullets.

Besides, I wouldnt want to see him go. I like Joey, a very honest person who may have a chequered past but I can imagine he has been very good in the dressing room!

Only a season and a half left on his contract.

He'll be 30 when that contract is up.

Doesn't sound too outlandish to me.

The fact that we're even considering selling arguably our best player of the season beggars belief frankly.

And if it is as Parky says and 'all made up', the fucking club should be coming out and saying so.

Be interesting to see if there is a comment or if it's the same old deafening silence.

I think the report is true about selling Barton but not to trim wages or for funds. I have a sneaky feeling that he doesn't want to be here anymore after Hughton's sacking. Every other player thats had rumours going around have stood up and reinforced the fact they want to stay at NUFC. But Barton didn't and I think he's not happy at the club anymore.

So everytime some journalist makes up some shite story about a player being linked with another club, you expect that player to come out and say that it's bullshit?

Sorry, not going to happen.

Why would he ever go to West Ham or Villa?

The article would seem to imply that it's not Barton instigating the move. If a club really want you to go then a lot of players who are happy and settled, and who could blame them, would say 'fine, fuck you, I know where I'm not wanted.' Ties in with the new club policy of taking someone who's performing well, getting rid of them, and replacing them with someone from League 1... :nah:

Only a season and a half left on his contract.

He'll be 30 when that contract is up.

Doesn't sound too outlandish to me.

The fact that we're even considering selling arguably our best player of the season beggars belief frankly.

And if it is as Parky says and 'all made up', the fucking club should be coming out and saying so.

Be interesting to see if there is a comment or if it's the same old deafening silence.

Aye, totally mental....therefore highly plausible under Ashbias.

Wouldn't believe whatever the club said about it anyway so i'm not fussed on getting a statement from them.....don't believe what Pardew says about Carroll being retained either.

Edited by Happy Face

His agent wasnt playing this down last week either. I have a bad feeling this is going to go through.

Isnt he on somehting like £60k per week? I bet the Fat Cunt wants that off the wage bill.

This is why I think there could be some truth in this.

I was initially shocked and even pissed of when reading, but then should I really be surprised?

We know he hasn't a clue about running a football club. (By he I mean MA or DL, take your pick).

£1.5M for a player in form and one of our players of the season imo.

"Hi Mike, Derek here, just looking at the contract situation. Joey Barton's got 18 months to go on his contract. We can renew it on £60,000 a week or watch him walk on a free so we get nothing. The other option is to sell him in January for £1.5m, and don't pay his wages anymore giving you £6.1m in the bank."

"Have we got any cover?"

"Dan Gosling!"

"Get him sold!"

Edited by Happy Face

They've been trying to get rid of him for ages like although it would be madness imo. As I said in another thread though, I don't think there's much chance at all of him getting another contract here so it's not the most ridiculous rumour by any means. Summer would make much more sense for a variety of reasons though so that probably means he's away in January.

it's his massive wages they want off the bill. in the summer i'd have said it would have been a good move but his performances this season show he can still do it at the highest level. if we sell him, it should be for more than £1.5m and we would have to be bringing in a better player to replace him with.

Madness though not totally unexpected. They've been trying to get him away for ages and his barely hidden contempt for the two of them will speed it up. Cunts.

You're onto something there imo, about him not being afraid to speak his mind.

it's his massive wages they want off the bill. in the summer i'd have said it would have been a good move but his performances this season show he can still do it at the highest level. if we sell him, it should be for more than £1.5m and we would have to be bringing in a better player to replace him with.

This is Dekka/Cashley we are talking about. As someone mentioned earlier. We have Gosling coming back from injury. Perfect excuse to push JB out.

I wouldnt put anything past the fat cunt. Whats it going to take for people to stop lining his pockets? Hughton gets sacked and we get 50'000 at the game 3 days later :nah:

If this sale happens and people on here shell out another £500 for a season ticket they want their heads looking at tbh

I wouldnt put anything past the fat cunt. Whats it going to take for people to stop lining his pockets? Hughton gets sacked and we get 50'000 at the game 3 days later :nah:

If this sale happens and people on here shell out another £500 for a season ticket they want their heads looking at tbh

Nail on the head. I think he believes/knows that whatever he does we are still going to come back in our droves.