right I must admit other than the fact that I'm really bored there was another reason why I came back onto the forum
I would like some advice...
My bloke and I have just moved out of our first rented property... just meaning about a month ago.
let me explain this property...
It was an appartment advirtised as fully furinished... including blinds, and decking outside, it was also advertised as being in an appartment block with gym facilties.
We thought fantastic so we went to veiw the place unfurnished but we were shown what furnature would be put in the appartment and we were told that the decking would be compleated within the next 4 months (the place was advertised as having decking) so we went head and decided to rent the property.
When we picked up the keys I paid a nice sum of £3600 as 6 months rent up front and the bond, we went to the appartment there was no sofa and no blinds... we later find out that the gym has not been built (and still hasn't to this day) so we moan... about a week later without hearing anything in advance about it a man comes to fit the blinds. About two weeks after we move in we finally get the sofa this is all noted on the inventory we signed when we first arrived... along with a leaking washing machine.
So we moved into this property that wasn't as advertised we decided to stick out it... things slowly got better but we started noticing more faults... small faults.
Our contract said that we had to give one calendar month's notice of when we were moving out we did that we stuck to our side of it... our new letting agents were trying to get a reference from our old ones... and it took about 2 weeks for them to get there act together, the day we were suppose to move out... we moved out excepting an inventory clerk to be there to check the property however we had to wait two weeks again for an inventory clerk to go and inspect the property they did and said the floor was bit dirty so the cost of cleaning it will be deducted for my bond.
We were told on the phone last Tuesday that the bond and report would be in the post to us that night, we haven't had anything and we haven't even recieved a phonecall to say sorry about the delay the bond will be sent out blar blar blar.
We however have rang them on regular occasions to inform them that we are getting pissed off with waiting.
Would it be unwise to seek legal advice? Do you think we'd have a case if we went along the route of property not as advertised?
Also also both mine and my blokes names were on the contract... I paid all the rent and bond... but everything that has been sent from the letting agents has been sent in his name do I have a spat at the letting agents if they sent us the bond back in his name and not in mine?
Sorry to drag it on abit but I need some advice.