1 point in 18 saw Souness Sacked

Ugly Mackems

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems all he needs is stuff like a draw away at Man City (we were lucky and they are shite) to give him a reprieve. I'm all for sticking by managers but it's only any good if it's a decent manager to start with. Presumably Premier League survival is our target now whereas coming 5th was enough to see Robson off.

Yeap, I've definitly turned the corner over the weekend, in disliking him as much as Souness. The whole Luque thing really makes me angry.

:lol:

If only two of our players had run into to each other on Saturday against City!!

What about the Shola thing? The lad isn't good enough anyway but we've been through that before. He couldn't even run on Saturday though. What a joke! The lad we're relying on now - Sibierski - is gash too imo.

What about the Shola thing? The lad isn't good enough anyway but we've been through that before. He couldn't even run on Saturday though. What a joke! The lad we're relying on now - Sibierski - is gash too imo.

You must feel pretty silly about rubbishing his transfer now, eh?

You must feel pretty silly about rubbishing his transfer now, eh?

Yeap, I've definitly turned the corner over the weekend, in disliking him as much as Souness. The whole Luque thing really makes me angry.

If only two of our players had run into to each other on Saturday against City!!

I was wondering about that too. Portly Freddie proudly announced (as he likes to do) on last season's review on DVD that something was wrong when NUFC players ran into each other - oddly enough at citeh again. BUT, on that occasion, it was three players, I believe, which makes everything okay this time as it was only two!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shambles.

I was wondering about that too. Portly Freddie proudly announced (as he likes to do) on last season's review on DVD that something was wrong when NUFC players ran into each other - oddly enough at citeh again. BUT, on that occasion, it was three players, I believe, which makes everything okay this time as it was only two!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shambles.

yeah i noticed that at the time, i think it happened more than once. In the first half they were running into eachother and at one point there was a tackle between 2 of ours.

His comment about us achieving what we set out to do - i.e. gain a point from fellow strugglers City - is the point of no return for me.

Has he still got the support of LeazesMag though? Difficult to know as he has gone into hiding here.

Has he still got the support of LeazesMag though? Difficult to know as he has gone into hiding here.

He'll probably tell you he never backed him in the first place, always knew he'd be shit because he's never wrong etc.

He'll probably tell you he never backed him in the first place, always knew he'd be shit because he's never wrong etc.

But that Freddie was still right to appoint him because we did back him.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the point?

3 points out of 24 is like 1 from 8. Far better than Souness and his 1 in 18.

Err, it's not like imo. It's two draws better from two more games and it will almost certainly compare even less favourably after this Saturday.

I think I agree with Tobias. The fat twat is now terrified of being slagged off in the media again for not giving a manager enough time so he is going to stick with Roeder for as long as he possibly can.

You never know though, Charlton sacking Dowie after less time than Roeder has had might change his mind.

I think that Shepherd hasn't got a clue what to do now. People say we don't give managers a chance but we do so Shepherd thinks that he cant win if he sacks him and he cant win if he keeps him.

Will he sack Roeder without a replacement lined up like he normally does though (Gullit, Robson, Souness)? Surely to God he cannot install any of Pearson, Terry Mac, or Lee Clark for any significant period of time? Will any half descent manager now want the job? Will Curbishley, for instance? Will Shearer come back?

That's a lot of questions and my feeling is Shepherd hasn't got any answers.

I think that Shepherd hasn't got a clue what to do now. People say we don't give managers a chance but we do so Shepherd thinks that he cant win if he sacks him and he cant win if he keeps him.

Will he sack Roeder without a replacement lined up like he normally does though (Gullit, Robson, Souness)? Surely to God he cannot install any of Pearson, Terry Mac, or Lee Clark for any significant period of time? Will any half descent manager now want the job? Will Curbishley, for instance? Will Shearer come back?

That's a lot of questions and my feeling is Shepherd hasn't got any answers.

That's the feeling I get: Shepherd doesn't have a clue what to do. He's terrified of making a decision and he's terrified of not making one.