Duff and Solano as Full Backs?

AgentFox

Since Duff hand Nobby have both played in these positions when needed do you think it might be an idea one time to try them out as our full backs?

This would then allows us to give our natural born left footed left back Ramage :lol: as well our equally adapt pacey right back who always manages to get beyond the man in front Carr a rest for a bit?

Would certainly make it more of an attacking team would it not?

ramage is a decent centre half but woeful at left back.

the sooner we get rid of carr the better.

i'd like to see nobby at right back and dyer at right wing. but like alex points out, they'd still be aiming at le sib or a crocked shola up front.

...and where the fuck is babayaro?

At this stage I would take virtually anyone over that useless fucker Carr.

He's reaching a level of ineptness that Bramble or even Faye have never come close to.

I would certainly consider playing Solano there in home game against weaker opposition at least and I would have Ramage or Taylor there next week.

....I would certainly consider playing Solano there in home game against weaker opposition

Who is this weaker opposition you speak of?

Sheff United?? Charlton??? Aye, we are so much better than them, a whole point better..

• 15 years later...
On 13/11/2006 at 06:45, David Kelly said:

At this stage I would take virtually anyone over that useless fucker Carr.

He's reaching a level of ineptness that Bramble or even Faye have never come close to.

I would certainly consider playing Solano there in home game against weaker opposition at least and I would have Ramage or Taylor there next week.

It is happening! Trippier!   :nufc:

Solano:

"It would be great to think that Newcastle can land a bunch of super heroes to fly in and save the day."

"But what we need now are players that understand the club and more specifically the situation."

"I certainly think Kieran Trippier is one of those and is a great signing."

"It's no good signing a player who will get eaten alive if things aren't going well in front of 50,000!"

"There are many examples, I could go on."

"The key for Newcastle is to get players with the right mentality."

"There are only 19 games left so they need to have players who can adapt quickly in a difficult situation."

"You could bring the best striker in Europe or the best holding midfielder in the world, but they will still need to hit the ground running."

"They will need time and if they can't adapt quicker than usual, it will be tough."

"Eddie Howe still needs time and he's been here for two months."

"That's why I am so proud of the fans because they have backed Eddie with good support despite only winning one match."

"Also we need to get behind the players that are already here."

"The majority of them will be staying."

"Team spirit is important and they have to fight, but the mentality is vital, players know that they are potentially going to be used, they know they could help the club stay up and then be transfer listed in the summer when others come in."

"That's the scenario that Eddie is managing in the dressing room right now."

"You have to build unity with those who are already there.

"If they can do that and work hard they will get away from this situation."

"The danger is if you bring in four or five people and they are the wrong type of characters it could destroy the dressing room."

"The guys who arrive will also be on huge wages compared to those already there."

"Newcastle have no choice but to pay the money or they won't come."

"We need to be careful and I know Eddie has the experience to make sure the dressing room works very hard."

"Once Newcastle get away from relegation trouble, hopefully, next season when they are middle of the table, you will start to sign players."

"At the moment you can't expect superstars."

"Who's the superstar that can come now and join in a relegation battle?

"That is the truth."

"You don't want the wrong characters coming in and getting £200,000 a week who can't handle a relegation battle."

"Whoever comes in has to know the stakes, and they are high because you could be a Championship player by the time spring comes."

"It's about moving away from the storm now."

"December is always a hard month but in January you can win games and this is a crucial time."

"For a start, you now have proper time to work on the training ground with the players between games, not just a day here or day there."

"I think they can stay up."

"But to do it they need hard workers, not super heroes flying in."

"The balance of the dressing room is key in my opinion."

On 13/11/2006 at 15:56, Dr Gloom said:

who, the black skeletor?

Normally this kind of social media interaction would get you a ban from playing cricket for England, HOWEVER, given last nights performance we’re sending you to Australia instead.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Point of order as well, the black skeletor would look identical to the white skeletor. 

:lol: for all we know he is black

• Haha 1