Hey up me old cock sparrows, help needed

bobbyshinton

Any London experts?

I'm going to London soon. My expected time of arrival 10.42 (GNER)

I staying at the docklands Hilton.

Is it feasible to get to my digs from Kings cross and back to Tottenham court road by 14.00.

Then from Tottenham court road 17.30 to covent garden 19.00.

Will I be cutting it fine, will I be able to do it comfortable enough to get a drink and bite to eat?

:lol:

Tottenham Court Road to Covent Garden is no bother at all, you can walk it in 10-20 minutes depending on what end of TCR you're starting from.

Not convinced your hotel is particularly near a Tube station so that bit could be more of a problem if you're reliant on public transport. Are you?

The Hilton website seems to reckon there's a courtesy bus to/from Canada Water tube station every 15 minutes. Canada Water will take you just over 20 minutes from Kings Cross if things run smoothly (Northern Line to London Bridge then change to the Jubilee), then the same again back to Tottenham Court Road, so it'd be cutting it a bit fine but I reckon it's doable...

The Hilton website seems to reckon there's a courtesy bus to/from Canada Water tube station every 15 minutes. Canada Water will take you just over 20 minutes from Kings Cross if things run smoothly (Northern Line to London Bridge then change to the Jubilee), then the same again back to Tottenham Court Road, so it'd be cutting it a bit fine but I reckon it's doable...

cheers mate. I'm trying to go to a matinee and an evening theatre performance.

I thought it must be some vital meeting. Aren't the performances you're interested in usually in Soho, or is it Billy Elliot again ;)?

Well you should definitely have time for some nosh between the matinee and evening shows if they're that close together (EDIT: distance-wise, I mean). So long as you're prepared to remortgage your house if you're going to eat anywhere around Covent Garden. :lol:

Edited by Meenzer

I thought it must be some vital meeting. Aren't the performances you're interested in usually in Soho, or is it Billy Elliot again ;)?

Tottenham Court Road's the stop you'd want for G-A-Y at the Astoria, now that you mention it... ;)

I'll bloody Billy Elliot ye ;)

It's dirty dancing and we will rock you. :icon_lol:

I once read that by rearranging the words in the title of a thread, you can determine its REAL meaning.

I believe therefore that this is a cry for help from Bobby and we should call the RSPB

Im finding it hard to believe that you've ever read anything

You're writings piss poor n all, I blame you for not getting an A in French, if you'd written bigger I wouldnt have misread your answer before copying it ;)