Anyone watching Extras the neet?

Asprilla

Thought it was good tonight; decent end to a decent series.

The bits with the gay bloke were brilliantly done I thought, as were the parts with his agent and Barry (as ussual)...

Patrick Stewart was great at the begining as well, shame he wasn't in it a little more really - his film idea - "by the time she's realised, i've seen everything", was just genius basically :lol:

Thought it was good tonight; decent end to a decent series.

The bits with the gay bloke were brilliantly done I thought, as were the parts with his agent and Barry (as ussual)...

Patrick Stewart was great at the begining as well, shame he wasn't in it a little more really - his film idea - "by the time she's realised, i've seen everything", was just genius  basically :lol:

18889[/snapback]

Agree with all of that. The writing is a class above anything else.

Some class bits tonight ("I've seen everything", "have as much cock as you like", "Aids?")

Excellent series overall and they didn't hint at a "Will they won't they?" thing at all until that last episode. Just like the office they've got me caring about the characters without noticing. Next series we'll be hoping the agent and Barry get together too.

The whole part with Patrick Stewart revealing his film plot was class. Another funny episode and shame the series is ending.

Wonder if series two will have them making his sitcom with the star guests playing parts in it, or if by series 2 it'll all have gone wrong and he'll be back as an extra.

The whole part with Patrick Stewart revealing his film plot was class. Another funny episode and shame the series is ending.

Wonder if series two will have them making his sitcom with the star guests playing parts in it, or if by series 2 it'll all have gone wrong and he'll be back as an extra.

19277[/snapback]

unfortunately I fear the sitcom has to fail otherwise the series will have to make an extreme change in direction.

Very good again from Gervais and Merchant, I like the way they mix comedy with a bit of serious stuff. The only thing I'm worried about is the material is mostly about being un-PC ('oops, here comes the drunk' :lol: ) and they've covered all the bases on that this series.

By the way, does anyone else fancy the Scottish lass? I did when she was a nun. :lol:

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Missed it to watch Crash last night.

I've missed the Ross Kemp one, half of the Sam Jackson one, and the Patrick Stewart one.  :lol:

Ah well, I guess I'll have to get the DVD when it comes out.

19332[/snapback]

I saw them all apart from the Les Dennis one, which sounded like one of the funniest! bloody typical!

Very good again from Gervais and Merchant, I like the way they mix comedy with a bit of serious stuff. The only thing I'm worried about is the material is mostly about being un-PC ('oops, here comes the drunk'  :lol: ) and they've covered all the bases on that this series.

By the way, does anyone else fancy the Scottish lass? I did when she was a nun.  :blink:

19315[/snapback]

The Scottish lass wasn't a nun? :lol:

Do you mean the one with Kate Winslet?

Very good again from Gervais and Merchant, I like the way they mix comedy with a bit of serious stuff. The only thing I'm worried about is the material is mostly about being un-PC ('oops, here comes the drunk'  :lol: ) and they've covered all the bases on that this series.

By the way, does anyone else fancy the Scottish lass? I did when she was a nun.  :blink:

19315[/snapback]

The Scottish lass wasn't a nun? :lol:

Do you mean the one with Kate Winslet?

19456[/snapback]

Aye, your right, was she a german soldier or something? Well, I fancied the nun, and the scottish lass. I need to get out more methinks.

They obviously love Larry David. Extras is very similar to Curb your enthusiasm with all the famous people playing themselves. The best season of Seinfeld was the one about how they made the pilot for the show (because it was clever - 10 years ago) and it seems this is the way they want to go with the next series of extras - the story of the Office. I suppose most British people will like that as they don't watch Seinfeld in huge numbers, but the best thing about the office was how original it was. Re-hashing ideas from other shows would leave me less impressed.

Edit: Ricky Gervais has dropped out of Mission Impossible 3 for this

Edited by Happy Face

They obviously love Larry David.  Extras is very similar to Curb your enthusiasm with all the famous people playing themselves.  The best season of Seinfeld was the one about how they made the pilot for the show (because it was clever - 10 years ago) and it seems this is the way they want to go with the next series of extras - the story of the Office.  I suppose most British people will like that as they don't watch Seinfeld in huge numbers, but the best thing about the office was how original it was.  Re-hashing ideas from other shows would leave me less impressed.

19584[/snapback]

In the BBC article it says Guest is married to Jamie Lee Curtis. I thought she was married to a british peer.

Missed it to watch Crash last night.

I've missed the Ross Kemp one, half of the Sam Jackson one, and the Patrick Stewart one.  B)

Ah well, I guess I'll have to get the DVD when it comes out.

19332[/snapback]

I saw them all apart from the Les Dennis one, which sounded like one of the funniest! bloody typical!

19398[/snapback]

It was. The last few minutes of the Ben Stiller one was class too.

They obviously love Larry David.  Extras is very similar to Curb your enthusiasm with all the famous people playing themselves.  The best season of Seinfeld was the one about how they made the pilot for the show (because it was clever - 10 years ago) and it seems this is the way they want to go with the next series of extras - the story of the Office.  I suppose most British people will like that as they don't watch Seinfeld in huge numbers, but the best thing about the office was how original it was.  Re-hashing ideas from other shows would leave me less impressed.

19584[/snapback]

In the BBC article it says Guest is married to Jamie Lee Curtis. I thought she was married to a british peer.

20009[/snapback]

Christopher Guest (Nigel Tufnell) IS a peer I believe. I think he inherited the title recently

19584[/snapback]

20009[/snapback]

Christopher Guest (Nigel Tufnell) IS a peer I believe. I think he inherited the title recently

20257[/snapback]

He is indeed a peer of the realm and they've been to the house of lords and all that. When she was on Frank Skinner's show last series she was talking about the house of lords.