James Milner

gram

Does so well to beat his man, then just fucks it up EVERY single time.

That is my sentiment too. As long as he can't produce a decent cross regularly, I'd rather we played Solano, who maybe won't run past 3 players, but can float a proper ball in from anywhere.

I hate watching him play tbh. The lack of any end product was so annoying! Watching him waste every single ball he had against Fenerbahce was horrible.

We should be used to that after watching Robert, Baba etc etc

Going by what I've seen of him so far and in the full knowledge that I'm not really in the best position to comment on individual players' performances, I just don't rate Milner at all. Yes, he works hard and runs around a lot, but there is simply not enough end product from him. He can't cross and he hasn't exactly got the pace either. I don't think he'll ever be more than a decent player for a mid-table team - which, to be fair, would be more than good enough for us at the moment...

I'd still play other players ahead of him on the right.

I think he's awful. Was utter rubbish in his first season here, looked reasonably good at Villa and he's come back just as bad as he was before. He's also the slowest winger i've ever seen, are full backs meant to be worried when he has the ball?

He managed 7 assists last season which is more than any of our players bar N'Zogbia.

Didn't Villa play him in the centre?

No.

And in the few games I watched he put in some decent crosses. Like the one he put in against Palermo. It's just that he is not getting them in more regularly. But on the other hand he is still quite young. IMHO some people are a bit too critical.

Edited by Isegrim

He managed 7 assists last season which is more than any of our players bar N'Zogbia.

Didn't Villa play him in the centre?

No.

And in the few games I watched he put in some decent crosses. Like the one he put in against Palermo. It's just that he is not getting them in more regularly. But on the other hand he is still quite young. IMHO some people are a bit too critical.

Way too critical more like. If there's someone people should have a dig at, it shouldn't be him.

Been one of our best players so far this season (I know, that's not saying much). As others have said, he's still only young, and some people are far too hard on him. I personally think he can develop into a very good player.

I still think Milner is pretty average. I quite like him as he has a good work ethic / attitude on the pitch and he has a couple of tricks. But he lacks pace and his crossing is poor and I can't see how he managed all those assists last season. I thought the bit late on against Man City where he turned the defender inside out then put the ball into touch summed him up. He has been messed about here though.