Who wants us to get beat on Sunday?

Howaythetoon

My nephew's just joined a local football side, and we were talking about Newcastle the other day. One of his mates, must only be 10 or 11 or something said he hopes we get a tanning off Bolton and Man Utd. I said why and the response was that it would speed up Souness' departure. I was quite shocked like. Bairns wanting the club to lose.

I asked my nephew for his opinion and he said the same. Lucky he didn't get a clip for his cheek. Is that how bad things are though? Are we now wanting the lads to lose?

I don't, I could never ever wish the team to fail, regardless. I might contemplate it prior to the match but once that whistle goes, no way. It hurts too much, feels dirty and stomach churning. That's just me though. I know some hope we get beaten and I can understand where they are coming from because a defeat here and there has often worked in our favour. 1999, St. James' Park, a certain 2-1 scoreline?

Enter Sir Bobby and 5 pretty decent seasons, certainly the penultimate 2.

Anyhow, so who wants us to get beat on Sunday, then?

This isn't one of those "I'm a bigger fan than you are" bollocks thread so please don't let it descend into that, I'm sure everyone deep down has the club's best interests at heart regardless. Each to their own and all that.

I'm just interested in people's thoughts on this because the more I speak to people, it would seem many would forego a few Toon wins if it brought change.

A question for the older generation, Ugly Mackems, Leazes Mag, Rob W et al perhaps, have fans in the past, in the dark old days, wished for the Toon to lose a game or two like some are doing now?

I'd sooner take three points, and then another three at home to Fulham the next home match which would push us right up the table.

18674[/snapback]

Nah...Souey would be a hero if we beat the Mancs

I personally don't see what sacking Souness at this stage of the season would achieve. The end of the transfer window looming large and no manager in their right mind wanting to take over. We couldn't get anyone at this time of the season last year and that was when we were an attractive proposition. I wanted Souness out at the end of last season but wanting us to lose on Sunday to force his sacking (which would ultimately just be Freddie shifting the blame yet again) would in my opinion set us back even further.

If indeed Shearer is to be the new manager then it's pretty much nailed on that he couldn't make anything of the current mess. I wouldn't want his final year to be tarnished in that way.

I personally don't see what sacking Souness at this stage of the season would achieve. The end of the transfer window looming large and no manager in their right mind wanting to take over. We couldn't get anyone at this time of the season last year and that was when we were an attractive proposition. I wanted Souness out at the end of last season but wanting us to lose on Sunday to force his sacking (which would ultimately just be Freddie shifting the blame yet again) would in my opinion set us back even further.

If indeed Shearer is to be the new manager then it's pretty much nailed on that he couldn't make anything of the current mess. I wouldn't want his final year to be tarnished in that way.

18678[/snapback]

Someone talking sense!!!

You better watch that, they'll have you!!

At an actual match once it kicks of its pretty much unlikely people want their team to lose, its goes against instinct.

Where the debate comes in is if you know a defeat (or maybe 2-3) is going to get Souness out and save us from disitigration under the gormless fucker.

When the mackems beat us under Gullit, nobody wanted us to lose, but christ i'm greatful for it long term as it got Gullit out in time and got Bobby in leading ultimately to us in the CL. Had Gullit fluked a win past the mackems that would have bought him time to continue with the mess he was making, which would mean maybe Bobby was no longer available or at the very least he'd have less time to turn us round.

So in answer? I'd find it hard to ever want us to lose once i'm there, but if somebody gave me a cast iron Guarentee a 1 of defeat would dump Souness out on his arse i'd take it like a shot. However that situation isn't goign to happen.

18678[/snapback]

Someone talking sense!!!

18683[/snapback]

Nah, get rid of the miserable scottish scrote :lol:

18678[/snapback]

Someone talking sense!!!

18683[/snapback]

Thought you'd left :lol:

18678[/snapback]

Someone talking sense!!!

18683[/snapback]

But if we play Man Utd without any new signings having been made I'll be chanted "We want Freddie out" in amongst my Toon chants. Shit fan me you knaa :lol:

My nephew's just joined a local football side, and we were talking about Newcastle the other day. One of his mates, must only be 10 or 11 or something said he hopes we get a tanning off Bolton and Man Utd. I said why and the response was that it would speed up Souness' departure. I was quite shocked like. Bairns wanting the club to lose.

I asked my nephew for his opinion and he said the same. Lucky he didn't get a clip for his cheek. Is that how bad things are though? Are we now wanting the lads to lose?

I don't, I could never ever wish the team to fail, regardless. I might contemplate it prior to the match but once that whistle goes, no way. It hurts too much, feels dirty and stomach churning. That's just me though. I know some hope we get beaten and I can understand where they are coming from because a defeat here and there has often worked in our favour. 1999, St. James' Park, a certain 2-1 scoreline?

Enter Sir Bobby and 5 pretty decent seasons, certainly the penultimate 2.

Anyhow, so who wants us to get beat on Sunday, then?

This isn't one of those "I'm a bigger fan than you are" bollocks thread so please don't let it descend into that, I'm sure everyone deep down has the club's best interests at heart regardless. Each to their own and all that.

I'm just interested in people's thoughts on this because the more I speak to people, it would seem many would forego a few Toon wins if it brought change.

A question for the older generation, Ugly Mackems, Leazes Mag, Rob W et al perhaps, have fans in the past, in the dark old days, wished for the Toon to lose a game or two like some are doing now?

18667[/snapback]

I would (not so) happily see us get mauled on Sunday.

As much as I hate to see us even lose the toss I firmly believe that whatever it takes to rid the Club of Souness is worth it. More so after watching WHU and Bolton. If ever a bunch of players are not playing for the manager then this lot are it. Seeing decent / good / excellant players going through the motions is as bad as it gets - we all know that even the team last night are capable of putting up a better show than that.

He has to go and I personally will accept a defeat or two for the greater good of NUFC.

18678[/snapback]

The problem is it cannot get worse than having this dick in charge and any option is a step up. I agree we could well struggle to get somebody in, but maybe Fat Fred might have the brains to go after a few people other than geordies and currently employed prem managers! We just can't afford to have him in charge any longer, people have to see that.

As for Shearer, playign under Souness his last year is going to be remembered as a sad and depressing distaster, so it can't get any worse for Big Al either.

18678[/snapback]

The problem is it cannot get worse than having this dick in charge and any option is a step up. I agree we could well struggle to get somebody in, but maybe Fat Fred might have the brains to go after a few people other than geordies and currently employed prem managers! We just can't afford to have him in charge any longer, people have to see that.

As for Shearer, playign under Souness his last year is going to be remembered as a sad and depressing distaster, so it can't get any worse for Big Al either.

18691[/snapback]

:lol: Sorry, that made me laugh. :lol:

I do not see it as wishing for anything but trying to look at the bright side of things.

Some of these same people who are criticising everyone for being engative had a go at me and otehr who predicted one point from the first four games. Well that si exactly what we are going to get.

We will get hammered on Sunday (maybe another 5 goal margin) now it is just an issue of what next? What can we do to stop it from happening again?

We have as much chance of soundly beating the red manc scum as we do of Souness suddenly becoming good. I hope either or both of those things happen but I just can't see it.

So I hope for a win, but know we are gonna get killed.

18678[/snapback]

Someone talking sense!!!

18683[/snapback]

I agree with this too, the cycle of sacking managers 2-3 games into the season just after the transfer window has closed is no way to go on. Get the signings in, wait til the end of this season then if still shite get rid.

Since I started supporting Newcastle in the mid 70's I can't recall one game where I wanted us to get beat.

Even through the really shite years.

(maybe if it involved causing problems for the unwashed down the road, but I can't recall one)

At an actual match once it kicks of its pretty much unlikely people want their team to lose, its goes against instinct.

Where the debate comes in is if you know a defeat (or maybe 2-3) is going to get Souness out and save us from disitigration under the gormless fucker.

When the mackems beat us under Gullit, nobody wanted us to lose, but christ i'm greatful for it long term as it got Gullit out in time and got Bobby in leading ultimately to us in the CL. Had Gullit fluked a win past the mackems that would have bought him time to continue with the mess he was making, which would mean maybe Bobby was no longer available or at the very least he'd have less time to turn us round.

So in answer? I'd find it hard to ever want us to lose once i'm there, but if somebody gave me a cast iron Guarentee a 1 of defeat would dump Souness out on his arse i'd take it like a shot. However that situation isn't goign to happen.

18685[/snapback]

Pretty much what I think. The Gullit situation of course was worse due to the stand off with Shearer and Lee.

If we are going to lose on Sunday and not get a point, let's get truely spanked, so hopefully lardarse will be forced to do something about it. :lol:

I never, EVER want us beaten. NEVER.

18898[/snapback]

What if we'd already won the league and our defeat meant Sunderland got relegated? :lol:

I never, EVER want us beaten. NEVER.

18898[/snapback]

What if we'd already won the league and our defeat meant Sunderland got relegated? :lol:

19166[/snapback]

I would't want to loose. No way and I like Sunderland in the Prem as Derby days are great even though I hate the Mackems.

18685[/snapback]

Pretty much what I think. The Gullit situation of course was worse due to the stand off with Shearer and Lee.

If we are going to lose on Sunday and not get a point, let's get truely spanked, so hopefully lardarse will be forced to do something about it. :lol:

18859[/snapback]

not sure i agree with that, instead of there being a stand off this time, the two players ( Bellamy and Robert) were given away to other clubs.