Souness Vs Shepherd

Howaythetoon

Please vote  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can only have one to go, who would you choose if you could, out of Shepherd or Souness, to go?

If you could fell that axe, who's head would it land on?

Souness Vs Shepherd

Souness or Shepherd?

Just trying to get people's opinions on who they think is the most damaging individual at the club.

I voted the fat man. Under his control I just can't see newcastle ever fulfiling our true potential. We may win a Cup, we may finish 4th or even 2nd and may have one or two tasty European nights whether it be in the UEFA Cup or the Champions League but our 'success' would be short lived and it would soon all crash down around us due to mismanagement and lack of investment in the right areas at the right times.

Basically, as far as I'm concerned now, finishing 14th is no different to finishing 5th - it's still massive failure for a club of our size, expectations and resources.

We need change right at the top before we can see a sustained change out on the pitch in my opinion.

It simply would have to be Shepherd. He is the man in charge and he is the man who hasn't brought any players in (being that he handles all incoming transfers European style). He is a cancer of our club and he's the one that thought Souness had talent in the first place when everything suggested otherwise.

Bollocks i've clicked on Shepherd instead of Souness, completely cocking up the perentages so far!!!

Just remember to take one off the Fat Fred tally and add one to the scottish prick's tally.

18696[/snapback]

Too late, you Souness sympathiser you. :lol:

:lol:

It simply would have to be Shepherd. He is the man in charge and he is the man who hasn't brought any players in (being that he handles all incoming transfers European style). He is a cancer of our club and he's the one that thought Souness had talent in the first place when everything suggested otherwise.

18699[/snapback]

Truer words were never spoken. Don't blame the first mate when the crew gets restless. Particularly if the Captain has sucked up all the rum rations. Shepherd has caused any problems that we suffer. Like him or not, Souness was appointed by Shepherd, Shepherd gave the green-light for all transfers good or bad and Shepherd will have the final say over the future of this club.

Edited by MagHag

Bollocks i've clicked on Shepherd instead of Souness, completely cocking up the perentages so far!!!

Just remember to take one off the Fat Fred tally and add one to the scottish prick's tally.

18696[/snapback]

Too late, you Souness sympathiser you. :blink:

:lol:

18701[/snapback]

;)

Yeah i secretly love him and try to hide it under torrents of abuse. I may call him a talentless, braindead, childish, arrogant twat with the tactical and footballing knowledge of a dog turd and even worse man management skills, but really it just means i want him! :lol:

So do people voting Shepherd honestly think keeping Souness would be better, bearing in mind that even with Shepherd in charge we've finished very high in the table?

18704[/snapback]

Shepherd.

Souness would be replaced by the new chairman anyway!

Is chairman Mao still available?

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

So do people voting Shepherd honestly think keeping Souness would be better, bearing in mind that even with Shepherd in charge we've finished very high in the table?

18704[/snapback]

Exactly, with the best chairman in the world he will still be a talentless, clueless moron who falls out with players, creates teams devoid of creativity and flair and has no idea whatsoever about tactics and formations.

18704[/snapback]

No but Shepherd is scum. As long as he's taking money out of the club he, in my opinion, doesn't give a shit about how we're performing on the pitch. He may once have been a fan but now he's laughing in our faces and because nobody is standing up to him he's getting away with it.

If some of the list of players Souness gave to Shepherd had been brought in then we wouldn't be as bad as we are now. Boa Morte, Luque, Anelka. Creativity that we are crying out for and that Souness thought we would be getting. All players that we could have by now if Freddie wasn't such a tight bastard!

I think it is too easy to hang Shepherd for all of this.

Ultimately Shepherd has in the past backed the managers 100% - even letting managers like Gullit and Dalgleish spend frivilously on utter shite.

Also a good point has been mentioned earlier. If we got rid of the fat man who would be next in line? Yeah, that's right it suddenly does not look so bad does it?

I voted Souness. Success is possible under Shepherd, but impossible under Souness.

18704[/snapback]

Exactly, with the best chairman in the world he will still be a talentless, clueless moron who falls out with players, creates teams devoid of creativity and flair and has no idea whatsoever about tactics and formations.

18711[/snapback]

But with the best chairman in the world he wouldn't be tearing his hair out waiting for the players he asked for to be brought in. Yes, he'd still be a muppet with no idea on tactics but he'd have half a decent team. Every time Shepherd opens his mouth he talks shite and gives us false promises. "pleasently surprised", "you'll be astounded who wants to play for us". Bollocks! Fuck off you fat fuck!

Oh Dear.

Can't just admit you were wrong about Souness eh HTT ..... ???

Nice try diluting the blame. As Shepherd has been chairman of Newcastle under Bobby Robson [and backed all his managers with plenty of money] it can't be Shepherd can it, especially when Souness has failed and been turfed out of other clubs with good directors ie Liverpool the biggest like us.

Souness, easily, no contest. A shit job everywhere he's been, apart from Rangers, it's winning this 2 bob league which has carried him through the managerial game with the mistaken belief he's any good to anybody.

But with the best chairman in the world he wouldn't be tearing his hair out waiting for the players he asked for to be brought in.

As for the above mate, even the best chairman in the world can't spend any more money than he has, when you don't think 20m quid of new players in 11 months isnt' enough to expect an improvement.

Edited by LeazesMag

Shepherd without a shadow of a doubt...

If you're gonna do some weeding, FFS dig the roots out, otherwise they'll simply grow back!

Shepherd has:

1. Appointed Souness in the first place

2. Sacked the last 3 managers before the end of August (worse possible time to sack someone).

3. Has this ridiculous view about the team should be full of Geordies - wrong, it should be full of the best players we can get hold of!

4. Promised that we'd be 'pleasantly surprised' by the outcome of the Woodgate sale - still waiting Fred.

5. Pays himself a ridiculous dividend each year, despite the fact that the club is not improving!

Oh Dear.

Can't just admit you were wrong about Souness eh HTT ..... ???

Nice try diluting the blame. As Shepherd has been chairman of Newcastle under Bobby Robson [and backed all his managers with plenty of money] it can't be Shepherd can it, especially when Souness has failed and been turfed out of other clubs with good directors ie Liverpool the biggest like us.

Souness, easily, no contest. A shit job everywhere he's been, apart from Rangers, it's winning this 2 bob league which has carried him through the managerial game with the mistaken belief he's any good to anybody.

18799[/snapback]

What is there to admit to being wrong about Souness Leazes? From day one I have always said and maintained that he is a crap manager, that I do not rate him, that I think it will all end in tears. Just like you.

Unlike you however, I have said I'll back him. There is a difference between backing someone and rating them or wanting them in the job. This is where I get unfair stick because I have never ever claimed Souness is the right man for the job or that I wouldn't swap him for a better manager.

At least I don't change my opinions from one week to the next which should count for something.

I know there will come a time where I will join in with the Souness out fans, because there will be a time where he has to go. You think it should be now, aye in an ideal world I'd agree. But for the time being I'm backing him.

Bo, make that I'm supporting him but please don't take that as me rating him or wanting him at the club. I'll back Shola when he's out on the pitch but if we sold him tomorrow for a better player I'd be smiling.

And this isn't a Souness against Shepherd thing. Both are bad for the club, I know that. In an ideal world, get shot of the pair of them. They are as bad as each other in many respects but if I had a choice between one or the other, I'd pick Souness to stay and Shepherd to go.

Because results will determine whether Souness stays or go, regardless of who is Chairman.

Who fires Shepherd though?

Are you Leazes Mag, happy with FS and all this mismanagement?

Craig:

One of your comments is false.

Shepherd did not sack Gullit or Dalgleish. As a matter of fact SBR was the first and only manager sacked under him.

Shepherd is a money grubbing prick and he talks shite - there is no reason to make things up about him.

I stand corrected on the Gullit situation as he did indeed resign. Dalglish was most definitely sacked though, despite the club denying it at the time! :lol:

And IMO, Gullit was more than likely asked to resign...

I stand corrected on the Gullit situation as he did indeed resign. Dalglish was most definitely sacked though, despite the club denying it at the time! :lol:

And IMO, Gullit was more than likely asked to resign...

18830[/snapback]

Dalglish was sacked, quite correct even if that wasn't the official line. Some kind of deal so Dalglish's CV wasn't stained. That's why he got compensation.

Gullit walked but would have been sacked anyway. At least to his credit, he held his hands up and turned down any money owed to him.

For all his bad press in these parts, even Shearer says he was a canny bloke. Just shit at man management and two-faced at times but he was pleasent and well liked apparently.