luque is a magpie

nufc1984

LeazesMag in August 2005:

"why is everyone going daft about this player....is it because he's a foreigner, is it because Shepherd has possibly put us in the red having already been the 3rd biggest spenders in the last decade. What will happen if this guy is the new Viana, will they just want Shepherd to " splash more cash" until we are in deep financial shit like Leeds ?"

;) Spot on!

:)

nice spot Ally ..... :lol:

You see Leazes, I would agree with that post and had my own concerns at the time. I actually didn't comment much at all because I knew fuck all about him tbh. But you've got to take criticism as well as praise. It turns out you were right about Luque, but wrong about Souness being a top boss. Simple really. Just admit you aren't infallible and things will be a lot easier for you. :)

I'm not infallible. But I have no recollection of making that post on toonchat. If I had, I would have changed it, and it also flies in the face of everything else I've said about him. I wanted him to succeed, simply because he was manager of us, but never thought that he would.

Like you, I hadn't seen Luque either when I made that post BTW, I was commenting on people automatically thinking he would be good, which in my view was because he was a foreigner/cost big money/saw him on Sky [delete as appropriate], and also - rather oddly in view of the fact he was signed by Souness and so in an odd way maybe reflected the views of those supporting the signing that they had faith in the manager for buying him. But, I DID post after watching his first kickaround against Manu that he wasn't a player I would have bought, and in fact I DID get flak for saying THAT.

I would obviously much prefer he had proved better than Craig Bellamy, sometimes you don't mind if you are wrong...... :lol:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic