Lazy Luque

Jusoda Kid

Clark should be the last person who can have a go at anyone considering this is the guy who once wore a shirt slagging his own team/fans off.

;) What a crock of shit

And also stormed down the tunnel in a huff when he got subbed at Southampton in our first season in the Premiership.

Assuming Clark actually said what he did, does that exonerate Luque then? ;)

And also stormed down the tunnel in a huff when he got subbed at Southampton in our first season in the Premiership.

Course not. But just goes to show we're run by a bunch of cretins that they bring this up in public.

I think the reasons Tommy Craig and others have left,regardless of reasons given at the time ,is becoming more and more apparent.The 'Management & backroom staff ' are total f*ckwits and the sooner this takeover happens the better.When all these tw8ts who are running OUR into the ground have gone on their way we will still be here,for me it can't come soon enough.

You do have to start asking questions when people keep leaving and you look at the ones we are left with!!!

Course not. But just goes to show we're run by a bunch of cretins that they bring this up in public.

We are run by a bunch of cretins. This doesn't show it though, imo.

How not? As Gemmill said, do you think one of the Liverpool backroom staff would have been allowed to do a talk-in and got away with slagging off, for example, Morientes last year to the Liverpool fans? Or how about Benitez, with pint in hand in front of 200 Scousers saying he wished Dudek hadn't bothered coming back to training after the World Cup with Poland?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

We are run by a bunch of cretins. This doesn't show it though, imo.

5th best cretins tbh.

For Clarky's comment on Luque I have to say that I of course prefer our coaches not to mouth off about the playing staff in public. But I actually don't think his comment was too unexpected. The question about Luque probably looked something like "OMG Why don't you play Luque. He looks quality in da youtube video. You should watch it!!!1 OMGWTF !!1! LOL" In that case the answer that Luque doesn't look interested in training seems rather true and fair. Because judging by the games I don't think that Luque is actually flying in training.

How not? As Gemmill said, do you think one of the Liverpool backroom staff would have been allowed to do a talk-in and got away with slagging off, for example, Morientes last year to the Liverpool fans? Or how about Benitez, with pint in hand in front of 200 Scousers saying he wished Dudek hadn't bothered coming back to training after the World Cup with Poland?

I can't be arsed to argue about it tbh, I'm far more concerned with Luque's lack of professionalism, whatever the reasons for that may be (the coaching staff don't neccesarily get off Scot free on that one though).

Even if every word Clark has said is true, you keep that stuff within the club, not go blabbing it to fans with Anal Oliver.

Its up the management and coaches (if we actually have any worthy of the title!) to deal with such a problem internally and get him doing whatever it is they want in training, and if he doesn't then fine him.

Incredible isn't it? Is there another club in the country where the coaching staff hold talk-ins in bars and then announce to the fans how shit certain CURRENT players are and how they don't deserve to be playing for the club?

I don't think much of Luque and I can well imagine that what Clark is saying is true, but he shouldn't be saying it. Unfortunately Roeder set the tone for this sort of thing when he said that he wished Boumsong hadn't come back after the World Cup.

We have no sort of professionalism from the coaching and management staff upwards. Shambles.

I disagree, the fans should know why a certain player isn't playing, for example on a saturday u watch a player turn in a truly woeful performance, and u think what do they practice on the training ground if anything if that's the kind of performance he'll produce when it really matters, no matter what league u watch around the world u get the "badge kissers", do they really give a feck about their clubs or supporters, no they don't, as long as they pick up their fat salary at the end of the month they'll be happy, and continue to fleece the club with below par performances and childish behaviour.

Bollocks, it should be dealt with professionally within the club. Like I said earlier in the thread, can you see this happening at another club? Do you think Wenger, Ferguson or Benitez would let their coaches sit in front of a bar full of fans and badmouth one of their player? Would they fuck.

So if Clark was asked why Luque wasn't playing, while we were still persisting in using not even a half fit Ameobi ahead of him, he should lie through his teeth and say he's a model pro who puts his heart and soul into his training, or on the other hand he refuses to comment, either way the fans who pay their hard earned cash towards these individuals get the wool pulled over their eyes again, I know what I'd like to hear, the truth.

I have to admit this thread makes me wonder if people can EVER be happy.

Lots of people wonder why Luque is rarely played and get upset about it, the answer is given (albiet in a perhaps not so great manner) and people get upset about that as well.

Where is the path that people don't get upset? :razz:;)

Highly unprofessional from Clark but if he's not doing the business then fair enough. Begs the question why Roeder was waxing lyrical about him at the start of the season though.

Even more unproffessional from the player you continually defend though.

I haven't defended him in this thread. If what Clark says is true then fair enough, he still shouldn't have came out and said it in public.

Highly unprofessional from Clark but if he's not doing the business then fair enough. Begs the question why Roeder was waxing lyrical about him at the start of the season though.

I haven't defended him in this thread. If what Clark says is true then fair enough, he still shouldn't have came out and said it in public.

Fair do's.

Bert Luque doesn't like 'getting stuck in' during training. Maybe he just doesn't like training??

Paul McGrath NEVER trained (I believe) and was a fantastic defender. Yes, I know his knees were shot to fuck, but the point I'm making is that training surely isn't the be all and end all of how a footballer is going to perform during a match.

I'm also not saying Luque will get better and better with a run of games in the first team, but the remarks from Geordie boy Lee Clark are not very professional imo.

If asked the direct question its would be difficult not to be een part truthful and come across as slagging him off, or at least making it clear that there was an issue.

The simple answer would not to hold these talk ins and so not be put in that position.

Clark is sure wrong to say that (though Id be interested in hearing his exact phrase used), but the club is wrong for putting him in that position.

Bert Luque doesn't like 'getting stuck in' during training. Maybe he just doesn't like training??

Paul McGrath NEVER trained (I believe) and was a fantastic defender. Yes, I know his knees were shot to fuck, but the point I'm making is that training surely isn't the be all and end all of how a footballer is going to perform during a match.

I'm also not saying Luque will get better and better with a run of games in the first team, but the remarks from Geordie boy Lee Clark are not very professional imo.

The might not be professional but at least he's telling the fans the truth which i think we're entitled to hear. How many of us on here can honestly say they're suprised to hear it, we all know Luque is a spanish mercenary who couldn't give a flying fuck about us or the club

I honestly don't expect anyone who plays for our club to give a fuck about Newcastle United unless they are a fan. It's their careers they care about more, obviously some people have respect for theirs (Given, Parker, etc) and some people don't (Luque)

Do you think the likes of Ballack, Shevchenko and Essien really care about Chelsea as a club or just their career achievements?

Fair do's.

Any body who is prepared to sit at the same table as oliver can't really expect any one to believe them ,can they.And to be honest how can Jigsaw sit in professional judgement of anyone ,his 'Southampton' antics have already been pointed out and Keegan had to smack his arse like a spoilt kid.Then there was all the rumours flying around when he and A.Cole left - was it bottles or glasses they were lining up - I don't know.OK we all had a huge laugh with what went down when he played for the mackems - but professional -don't make me giggle

Personally I don't think Luque is another mercanary like some we've had and I havn't got a clue what Luque is like in training ,but I have seen some of the stupid decisions that Roeder has made ,formations that look unworkable from the 1st minute ,substitutions that are simply baffling.His insistense in playing Ameobi,injured and almost crippled, after he slagged Souness for doing the same thing.He also stated the Carr was 'on fire' and playing great!!!!!!! Not the one I've been watching.Alway playing Duff no matter what,and pissing off the best young propect at SJP.Giving first team experience to a player who in all likely

hood will be playing against us soon and leaving Luque or Finnigan or Carroll out.

It's all been said on here before about how many games Luque has had and how many he's scored,so I won't go over all that again .

I lay most of the blame there ,Roeder has not give him a real chance and only played him when the situation forced him to.When he's played he's scored.He's not a target man ,he's not a battering ram.But he's never had a real chance to get up to speed ,and never will with Roeder

If I was treated like this at my job - and the same applies to anyone else on here - I would not be going in on Monday morning and busting my balls after being shit on.

If you pulled the companies collective nuts out of the fire on thursday and then told you were being demoted on the saturday you would have a face like a smacked arse- I would.

For Christ sake he's even played Duff as a Centre Forward ,winger and fullback,while Luques begging him for a game

I don't care if he only comes alive 5 minutes out of 90 if he scores-you know like, Robert or Ginola or like Owen is supposed to do (if we ever see him play)

And if he gets a few games in and he is crap .Then I will condemn him but not on anal -Jigsaws or even Roeder word cos I don't believe them.

So basically, you only believe rumours that suit your argument then?

NO .

From that whole diatribe was that the only thing you could pick out ?

Even though I offered the postscript 'I DON'T KNOW'

So basically you could not be bothered to even try to see another point of view ,and attacked the first thing you thought was a target.If you are not prepare to construct a cogent argument don't pick holes in the efforts of others like a child would.

So basically, you only believe rumours that suit your argument then?

NO .

From that whole diatribe was that the only thing you could pick out ?

Even though I offered the postscript 'I DON'T KNOW'

So basically you could not be bothered to even try to see another point of view ,and attacked the first thing you thought was a target.If you are not prepare to construct a cogent argument don't pick holes in the efforts of others like a child would.

;) Fair enough.

Having said that though, Clark was professional 99% of the time where it mattered - on the pitch. Good trainer too by all accounts. Luque, however...

And sorry about the reply before, but we've done this one to fucking death - Luque that is.

Edited by alex