If we end up with Owen and Luque, will you......

Ketsbaia's Mobile

I haven't been massively on the boards back, though i do have problems with Shepherd, but if he were to sign these two you can't say he isn't backing the manager with money!

As for Souness, it changes nothing. If you give a manager £27m pounds to spend on two players anyone in the world could sign two good players, there is no skill or achievement there. So he will still be the clueless idiot he was before. However if somehow there was a massive upturn in results, football standard and style and goals scored then yes, i'd get off his back.

But buying two players doesn't make Souness any better, buying two players, using them and the other players well and in some semblance of tactics and formation would make him better.

I seriously doubt we'll get both anyway, NUFC just don't have much luck and i doubt it both will happen.

I haven't been massively on the boards back, though i do have problems with Shepherd, but if he were to sign these two you can't say he isn't backing the manager with money!

As for Souness, it changes nothing. If you give a manager £27m pounds to spend on two players anyone in the world could sign two good players, there is no skill or achievement there. So he will still be the clueless idiot he was before. However if somehow there was a massive upturn in results, football standard and style and goals scored then yes, i'd get off his back.

But buying two players doesn't make Souness any better, buying two players, using them and the other players well and in some semblance of tactics and formation would make him better.

I seriously doubt we'll get both anyway, NUFC just don't have much luck and i doubt it both will happen.

18825[/snapback]

How about Emre for £3.8m, Souness must take some credit for that!?!?

Get off the board and manager's backs?

Genuine question BTW

18815[/snapback]

I thought you had gone. Given up on the board and your fellow supporters.

I don't know whether I can allow myself to trust you again. :lol:

As to you're question, an emphatic NO.

There are a hell of a lot of changes to be made before Souness in particular but Shepherd in many and possibly more important ways can turn things around in my eyes.

I realise that many have only recently turned to "the dark side", but for some of us, offering us a packet of sweets will not be enough to bring a smile back to our faces.

Edited by Bottled Dog

18825[/snapback]

How about Emre for £3.8m, Souness must take some credit for that!?!?

18831[/snapback]

I've never had a problem with the signings of Emre and Parker, both quality players and well worth having. But they were never our first priority, that was always strikers/attackers and a wide left player, which Emre actually isn't, he's best in the middle.

I didn't want Souness when he was appointed but was prepared to give him a chance, as I believed he deserved it.

Towards the end of last season I grew increasingly disillusioned as to the style of football he was trying to get us to play. I'm still unsure.

Just because he buys, two, three, four, five or more players means jack shit to me.

What I want to see is the team I love make a fist of taking on the opposition, and doing it with some conviction and cohesion.

Until I see NUFC begin to overpower the teams around us, at least, I will continue to doubt Mr Souness, regardless of players he has brought in.

This was just a game for the Fat Controler, he new that Owen would not be at Newcastle, yet another Rooney like master stroke, that gave the impression we had sufficient clout to spend this sort of money. Lets face it I bet a few supporters bought it, well TBH, we were finally fortunate enough to pull off one transfer and I fear that's yer lot mate.

Regardless what anyone thinks, my opinion is simple, as long as I have a hole in my arse, SOURNESS will never make it as a manager. He is a TFD and I will not be convinced otherwise, no matter the signings he makes. He is wreckless in his management style, just take a look at him on match days, totally clueless and flanked by a row of muppets that know no better. Watch his touchline antics raging at almost everything outside his little box.

Mr Mobile, it will give me no greater pleasure if you come on here a few months down the line and tell me I was wrong, because it will mean NUFC are top 6 and playing well.

However, because of a mix of poor negotiation and man management we've wasted a possible 9 points of this season.

Genuine question BTW

18815[/snapback]

What was the goodbye thread all about then?

Genuine question BTW :lol:

Mr Mobile, it will give me no greater pleasure if you come on here a few months down the line and tell me I was wrong, because it will mean NUFC are top 6 and playing well.

However, because of a mix of poor negotiation and man management we've wasted a possible 9 points of this season.

19023[/snapback]

8 actually :lol:

Genuine question BTW

18815[/snapback]

19026[/snapback]

I meant goodbye at the time.......but on reflection I feel that it should have been a "a bientot hinnies".

I was foolish and rash and am genuinely contrite.

I am prepared to say......I was wrong :lol:

Now come here and give us a cuddle :blink:

Genuine question BTW

18815[/snapback]

19026[/snapback]

I meant goodbye at the time.......but on reflection I feel that it should have been a "a bientot hinnies".

19141[/snapback]

Have a re-think............oh go on!

Please!

Genuine question BTW

18815[/snapback]

19026[/snapback]

19141[/snapback]

Alreet mate, nice one. These daft arguments can get a bit out of hand. I did appreciate some of your points, I happen to sit directly in front of two of the biggest whingers imaginable and they get right on my tits.

I think folk are forgwetting that Souness would get Real Madrid relegated.

I wonder what Owen will make of Murray, Saunders and Terry Mac?

18850[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. You look at that bench and you can't take them seriously.

I honestly think that Souness needs to re-think who he brings with him to a job..

I think folk are forgwetting that Souness would get Real Madrid relegated.

I wonder what Owen will make of Murray, Saunders and Terry Mac?

18850[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. You look at that bench and you can't take them seriously.

I honestly think that Souness needs to re-think who he brings with him to a job..

19148[/snapback]

With far too many managers it's 'Job's for the boys'. Unfortunately Souness seems to be typical in this respect. I heard from a a pretty good source that te training isn't too clever at the Toon.