Old farts do they exist

bobbyshinton

My Gran is 83 (84 in January) and fit as owt - probably in better shape than me. She's got her own place, gets the bus everywhere, etc.

She's starting to go a bit "old" in the head at times like, especially earlier this year when she had a weird form of meningitis - thought that might be the end for her but she's fuckin' nails.

My Great Granny was 96 when she popped her clogs. Living in the Devon countryside helped I reckon.

Aye, my granny that went on for years lived down that way too. St. Ives. She had to be put in a home in the end cos she was going a bit daft and she was forever getting arseholes knocking on the door "collecting for charity" and she would hand over bundles of cash. Some twat distracted her once doing this while his mate broke in the other door. My dad was down there once and caught a couple of them trying to do it - presumably it was the same ones making regular calls for the easy money. Wankers.

My Grans 87 and still okay.

My Auntie in Whitley Bay is 84 and losing her marbles faster than the Toon slide down the Prem. She asked my wife if she was related to me at our last family party. :lol: I think she's great though-she was moaning like old farts do about the money footballers get a few years ago until i said:"What about Shearer though?" Her eply:"Oh HE'S worth it....." Legend she is. :D

My family either lasts ages or dies young, on my mums side my great gran lived to 92. However my grandad went in early 60s though. Gran is still going well. On my dads side its where the oldens are now with Grandpa is 97 and going strong, Gran is 93 and doing pretty well for her age. They have their diamond wedding anniversary in march which again is pretty good going.

The women in my family last forever. Especially the Swedes. My gran's 93 next month and was still cycling to town and back until she had a minor stroke recently. Even now she refuses to "have some Bosnian girl come in and wash my hair for me". :lol:

Meanwhile, the fellas have an uncanny knack of dying in their 50s. :D

Even now she refuses to "have some Bosnian girl come in and wash my hair for me". :o

That's quality. :D

My Grandad is about 80 and he's in better shape than me. Likes the younger women too. I swear he's still better with women than me. :lol:

My Grandad (on my Mam's side) died in May a couple of weeks short of his 87th birthday. He'd been ill for the last few months of his life, but before that had been healthy. He was always out and about and doing his garden.

Both of my Grandma's are 81.

My Grandma on my Mam's side is still quite active, just a bit eccentric - but she always has been. Apart from refusing to admit that she's going deaf and needs a hearing aid she's OK.

My Grandma on my Dad's side has suffered badly since she broke her leg cycling to work about 18 years ago. Her leg gives her terrible pain, but with the help of family and neighbours she still gets out and about, and there's nothing wrong with her mentally.