Hobbit movie to be made without Peter Jackson

Jimbo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only southern mongs refer to people as ginners tbh. :lol:

Hey! A lot of my family are mongs from Devon I'll have you know.

:D you could even be related to me alex!!!

Flawed genes - you got the hair, he didn't - due to all the inbreeding down there, so it's quite possible.

Flawed genes - you got the hair, he didn't - due to all the inbreeding down there, so it's quite possible.

the woman of my family all have lots of thick hair, but sadly, the men seem to lose their's quite young.

the woman of my family all have lots of thick hair, but sadly, the men seem to lose their's quite young.

*decides to leave his comment about liking lots of hair*

Looking good for being related to Alex then.

*decides to leave his comment about liking lots of hair*

wise move snakey!!! :o

Only southern mongs refer to people as ginners tbh. :o

That would mean I'd have to shag you btw :lol:

Only southern mongs refer to people as ginners tbh. ;)

That would mean I'd have to shag you btw ;)

:o

we're Devonian NOT inbred like the Cornish :lol:

The decision to drop Oscar-winner Peter Jackson as director of The Hobbit film has led to an online petition of 1,100 people asking for him to be reinstated.

Has he seriously got "eleventy-ten" signatures, are they all from the Shire, too?

I dont mind admitting to being a LOTR's nut!! Long before the films were even thought of, of course! I didnt even watch them when they first came out for fear of feeling let down, i didnt want my own impressions on how things should be spoilt, but i have to say the films were spot on. I'd love to see The Hobbit film made, but why stop there? The Silmarilion has to be done.

The decision to drop Oscar-winner Peter Jackson as director of The Hobbit film has led to an online petition of 1,100 people asking for him to be reinstated.

Has he seriously got "eleventy-ten" signatures, are they all from the Shire, too?

Eleventy-ten is 110, shirley? [/pedant]

I dont mind admitting to being a LOTR's nut!! Long before the films were even thought of, of course! I didnt even watch them when they first came out for fear of feeling let down, i didnt want my own impressions on how things should be spoilt, but i have to say the films were spot on. I'd love to see The Hobbit film made, but why stop there? The Silmarilion has to be done.

I gave up with the Silmarillion before halfway. ;)

That was a couple of years ago though.

The Hobbit is canny, good kids book. The LOTR trilogy starts off ok and becomes harder and harder work. Even the language changes and becomes more archaic in The Return of the King but I struggled through it when I was about 12, never again though. The Silmarillion is just a collection of various notes Tolkien made compiled (I think) posthumously by his son. It's about as good as Marillion.

I was a fan of the works as a kid, read the three books plus The Hobbit. All are canny reads and Ive read them a few times since. I also recall seeing an animated version of half of LotR when I was a kid. The recent films I thought were a good attempt though never quite what the books are (as usual).

I tried reading The Silmarilion when I was younger as well and also gave up half way through.

I think it would have been canny for The Hobbit to be made by the same crew for continuity more than owt else. Though, The Hobbit was more of a kids book even that LotR and Id expect the same from the film.

shame on you all, you should have stuck with it. I admit some of it is hard going, but it lays the foundations for you to understand the subsequent books! You learn how Sauron (the eye, one of the gods) became evil. It explains about the origin of the ring, and how Isildur could have destroyed it but didnt when he had the chance and about the ring bearers and who/what Gandalf really is...(Mithrander) The tale of Luthien and Beren is beautiful too.

I admit some of it is hard going, but it lays the foundations for you to understand the subsequent books! You learn how Sauron (the eye, one of the gods) became evil. It explains about the origin of the ring, and how Isildur could have destroyed it but didnt when he had the chance and about the ring bearers and who/what Gandalf really is...(Mithrander) The tale of Luthien and Beren is beautiful too.

Are you trying to tell me that the Lord of the Rings book trilogy actually tells the story of the Lord of the Rings? That's INCREDIBLE. ;):icon_lol:

I admit some of it is hard going, but it lays the foundations for you to understand the subsequent books! You learn how Sauron (the eye, one of the gods) became evil. It explains about the origin of the ring, and how Isildur could have destroyed it but didnt when he had the chance and about the ring bearers and who/what Gandalf really is...(Mithrander) The tale of Luthien and Beren is beautiful too.

Are you trying to tell me that the Lord of the Rings book trilogy actually tells the story of the Lord of the Rings? That's INCREDIBLE. ;):nufc:

No, she's on about the Silmarillion you pleb :icon_lol: