Hobbit movie to be made without Peter Jackson

Jimbo

I did read it, but I thought it was shit. I thought I'd made that clear. ;)

sorry, my post was more aimed at those that gave up on it! I still think if you dispense with some of the long winded text and just think about the stories...it would make a brilliant film. Just take the facts about the origins of Middle Earth and the ring to use in a film, that will explain so much! It should have been done first, then The Hobbit, then The LOTR's.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit some of it is hard going, but it lays the foundations for you to understand the subsequent books! You learn how Sauron (the eye, one of the gods) became evil. It explains about the origin of the ring, and how Isildur could have destroyed it but didnt when he had the chance and about the ring bearers and who/what Gandalf really is...(Mithrander) The tale of Luthien and Beren is beautiful too.

Are you trying to tell me that the Lord of the Rings book trilogy actually tells the story of the Lord of the Rings? That's INCREDIBLE. ;):icon_lol:

NOOOO, we're talking about the Silmarillion, keep up Bianca :nufc:

and no need to take the piss!!!

Edited by Toonraider

I'd gladly keep out of anything to do with those unreadable pieces of cack.

"Elron, son of Dongdor, third cousin of the Elf King Magdor, personal assistant and best friend of the Warlock Dicksplash"

Load of shite! ;)

"Elron, son of Dongdor, third cousin of the Elf King Magdor, personal assistant and best friend of the Warlock Dicksplash"

Load of shite! ;)

has been connected to Newcastle as a possible defender in the next transfer window

I had the books before the films came out. Read The Hobbit but had to take two attempts at LOTR was worth it in the end. I enjoyed the films too despite missing out certain parts. Pretty disappointing that New Line would prefer to give The Hobbit to someone else than sort out the current problem.

Load of shite! ;)

has been connected to Newcastle as a possible defender in the next transfer window

To be fair to the lad, we've never heard of him.

As Lord of the Rings fans mounted a protest following word that New Line had dropped Peter Jackson from consideration as director of The Hobbit and another Lord of the Rings prequel, producer Saul Zaentz has given assurances that Jackson will indeed direct the two films. A German website, Elbenwald.de, posted an interview with Zaentz, who acquired the rights to the works of the late Rings writer, J.R.R. Tolkien, in 1976 (the Saul Zaentz Company owns Tolkien Enterprises), in which Zaentz says, "It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson. ... Next year The Hobbit rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios: to get his profit share on the Rings trilogy he had to sue New Line. With us, in contrast, he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation." (The preceding quotation is a translation that appeared on TheHobbit-Movie.com from the German interview posted on Elbenwald.de.)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30806

Whoever directs it, the movie will be gash.

Considering your "taste" that’s a glowing endorsement for the movie tbh.

Can you honestly say that the three LOTR films weren't disappointing?

Singling me out taste-wise because you dislike Bowling For Soup is somewhat ignorant tbh.

Yes

Singling me out taste-wise because you dislike Bowling For Soup is somewhat ignorant tbh.

It's not just Bowling for Soup tbh. It's the fact you love all the Saw's and all the Final Destination's but you hate Misery and thought Hostel was shit.

Bass-ackward on EVERY SINGLE THING.

Edited by Happy Face

Yes I can, I thought they were all fantastic.

Yes

It's not just Bowling for Soup tbh. It's the fact you love all the Saw's and all the Final Destination's but you hate Misery and thought Hostel was shit.

I like the Final Destinations for what they are: cheesy flicks you can watch with people for a laugh.

Misery was godawful, especially since I enjoyed the book.

Hostel was tripe. There was no decent plot, rather it was an attempt to push the limits set by the MPAA and get away with as much sex and gore as possible. What's worse is there's going to be a fucking Hostel 2, if the 1st wasn't awful enough.

Yes

I like the Final Destinations for what they are: cheesy flicks you can watch with people for a laugh.

Hostel was tripe. There was no decent plot, rather it was an attempt to push the limits set by the MPAA and get away with as much sex and gore as possible. What's worse is there's going to be a fucking Hostel 2, if the 1st wasn't awful enough.

;)

Yes

;)

Read the book, then watch the film. It beggars belief how they can make films along the lines of Pet Semetary and The Green Mile etc whilst sticking to the respective novels, and then they fucked up Misery.

Yes

;)

Read the book, then watch the film. It beggars belief how they can make films along the lines of Pet Semetary and The Green Mile etc whilst sticking to the respective novels, and then they fucked up Misery.

We are talking about this film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100157/ arnt we?

its excellent - good strong character driven plot.

Yes

;)

We are talking about this film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100157/ arnt we?

its excellent - good strong character driven plot.

We are. It was one of the most disappointing films I've ever seen.

I've never seen Misery but after reading Brock's opinions of it I can confidently say it's a brilliant film.

It's good if you're not a fan of the book.

Unfortunately they omit the best parts of the book, which means the film is a great disappointment.