Newcastle United v Celta Vigo

MattM4

Nice vids.

I actually can't understand how some people wax lyrical about Luque's corner. I don't think it was that special. Ok, it didn't hit the first man, but I think it was just floated into the middle and reached Taylor by chance. A better defence should have coped with it easily.

OMG UR SUCH A HATER!!11

CLIQUEY-TASTIC. ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Luque's corner was anything out of this world, but there's more important things to be complaining about than a corner leading to a goal.

I'm not complaining about the corner itself (I am happy about the outcome). It was only that after having seen the corner I am a bit amazed how some people pretend it to be extraordinary and it being a piece of genius from Luque. So I am not complaining about the corner but the Luque-bumming morons. ;)

People are searching for positive things to say about the man, it would seem. I personally find it ridiculous that professional footballers paid thousands a week cannot beat the first man on a consistent basis. Being able to do it should be a basic skill, not a feat that should be applauded.

People are searching for positive things to say about the man, it would seem. I personally find it ridiculous that professional footballers paid thousands a week cannot beat the first man on a consistent basis. Being able to do it should be a basic skill, not a feat that should be applauded.

Shearer didn't beat many men, but he was still pretty good tbh.

I expect ANY footballer to be able to hit a decent corner every now and then - should I be thrilled when a £9.5m player does it?

Nothing angers me more in football than professional footballers failing to hit the target with a chance from a reasonable distance - Should I accept a £9.5m player who cannot do it?

The old "no control over the fee" cliche is sometimes fair enough but I find it fucking laughable that people can defend a player who cost that much money who doesn't look good enough for the reserves.

Wanting someone who we think may be a good player to do well is one thing - wankfests over "fantastic corner deliveries" is so far beyond desperation its hilarious.

Luque issues Magpies warning

By James Pearson - Created on 25 Nov 2006

Albert Luque has stated he will look to leave Newcastle United unless he is a first-team regular within a month.

The Spanish forward has failed to light up The Premiership following his big-money switch from Deportivo La Coruna at the start of last season.

The former Real Mallorca ace has been limited to just three league appearances this season, leaving the 28-year-old a frustrated spectator.

Luque is happy in the North East, but will look for pastures new in the New Year unless Glenn Roeder significantly increases his playing time.

"I will play for another month and there must be a change then," stated Luque.

"If there is no change then maybe an option that is better for Newcastle and better for me, is to go.

"It's been very difficult not playing regularly. I am happy at Newcastle but I have to play.

"The fans have not seen the best of me because I need games and hopefully this can be the start of a run in the team.

"I've waited a year and a half but there's been no change in my situation."

He's beginning to get on my nerves now. Does he really need to come out with the same statement day after day in the media? Does he not realise that it won't make one bit of difference when he leaves?