Toon land 9m Luque - Now for Kuyt

Scottish Mag

From the Mirror -

NEWCASTLE have finally agreed a deal for a striker, but it is Spaniard Alberto Luque on his way to St James's, not Michael Owen.

Boss Graeme Souness still hopes a deal can be done for Real Madrid's Owen, but will be relieved to have added Luque to his squad.

After a week-long chase Deportivo La Coruna announced a £9million deal for their Spain international last night, a figure that also includes a hefty sum to the player as a sweetener.

Souness has been desperate to relieve the pressure on veteran Alan Shearer, and hopes Luque, who has yet to undergo his medical, will be just the first of several arrivals before the end of next week.

Luque has already played at St James' this season, coming on as a second half sub when Deportivo knocked Newcastle out of the InterToto Cup.

Newcastle also plan a £12million move for Dutch hit man Dirk Kuyt of Feyenoord today - if Owen refuses to join them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i was jst reading that in the mirror,would be very good if we get kiyt now aswell,now theres a golascorer,and i think he is a physical enough player to hack the premiership so i say go for him!

:lol:

19001[/snapback]

Funnily enough on the Kiyt thing.

I work away mid-week and was watching that skysports footy thing on Wednesday night and they we're chuntering before the games kicked off and Charlie Nicholas was talking about some team (forget who) who was bidding for Kiut, and he finished his sentence with "I also have information Newcastle are pretty far down that road as well".

19001[/snapback]

Funnily enough on the Kiyt thing.

I work away mid-week and was watching that skysports footy thing on Wednesday night and they we're chuntering before the games kicked off and Charlie Nicholas was talking about some team (forget who) who was bidding for Kiut, and he finished his sentence with "I also have information Newcastle are pretty far down that road as well".

19016[/snapback]

yea we were favourites to get him at the start of the season,and i think we will get himbefore next week,BUT we will have to sell jenas to fund the move because feyenoord want 12 million and Tottenham got a 10 million bid rejected and so did everton.

Fingers crossed

Seizoen Club games/Goals

2005/06 Feyenoord 2 2

2004/05 Feyenoord 34 29

2003/04 Feyenoord 34 20

2002/03 FC Utrecht 34 20

2001/02 FC Utrecht 34 7

2000/01 FC Utrecht 32 13

1999/00 FC Utrecht 32 6

1998/99 FC Utrecht 28 5

they bought him in 2003 for 700,000.

2 years later they want 12million!

Edited by nufc1984

Seizoen  Club      games/Goals 

2005/06  Feyenoord  2    2 

2004/05  Feyenoord  34  29 

2003/04  Feyenoord  34  20 

2002/03  FC Utrecht  34  20 

2001/02  FC Utrecht  34  7 

2000/01  FC Utrecht  32  13 

1999/00  FC Utrecht  32  6 

1998/99  FC Utrecht  28  5

they bought him in 2003 for 700,000.

2 years later they want 12million!

19048[/snapback]

That's quite a range.

Never seen him play, but he seems very highly rated which only sounds promising.

Speculate to accumulate - are we finally moving in the right direction?

Edited by nufc4ever

Hate to bring up this up but this is Kezman's record at PSV. I know Kuyt is a different sort of player but it's worth a look. I'm still excited by this signing.

00-01 PSV Eindhoven 24 Goals, 33 Games

01-02 PSV Eindhoven 15 Goals, 27 Games

02-03 PSV Eindhoven 35 Goals, 33 Games

03-04 PSV Eindhoven 31 Goals, 29 Games

EDIT: Sorry SLP, I took a couple of minutes searching for the stats so didn't see your post!

He seems more in the Van Nistlerooy mould than the Kezman mould anyway.

Edited by DotBum

All we need after Kuyt (how do you spell his name? There's been Kuyt, Kujit, and Kiuyt so far  :lol: ) is a winger! Anyone think Andy Van Der Meyde at 2 million is worth a shot?

19094[/snapback]

Seems that Meyde is having a medical with Everton tday so guess we arnt in for him!!

Hate to bring up this up but this is Kezman's record at PSV.  I know Kuyt is a different sort of player but it's worth a look.  I'm still excited by this signing.

00-01  PSV Eindhoven  24 Goals, 33 Games

01-02  PSV Eindhoven  15 Goals, 27 Games

02-03  PSV Eindhoven  35 Goals, 33 Games

03-04  PSV Eindhoven  31 Goals, 29 Games

EDIT: Sorry SLP, I took a couple of minutes searching for the stats so didn't see your post!

He seems more in the Van Nistlerooy mould than the Kezman mould anyway.

19093[/snapback]

Hey, your post was worth the wait to highlight just how prolific Kezman was. I know Shearergol was a big fan of Kezman, but I thought he looked complete turd in the UEFA cup against us and then for Chelsea.

Kuyt is the right one.

19100[/snapback]

If we're being picky I think you'll find Kuijt is the right one - as in how he would sign it.

Kuyt is the right one.

19100[/snapback]

If we're being picky I think you'll find Kuijt is the right one - as in how he would sign it.

19106[/snapback]

I think you're both being picky, take it from someone who knows :lol: