Toon land 9m Luque - Now for Kuyt

Scottish Mag

Hey, your post was worth the wait to highlight just how prolific Kezman was. I know Shearergol was a big fan of Kezman, but I thought he looked complete turd in the UEFA cup against us and then for Chelsea.

19104[/snapback]

I have to say I thought he needed a run of games to click, he always looked like he had ability but for some reason never quite clicked. He had pace, power, good shot on him and was always working hard. I am prone to believe all players will come good though - I'm still waiting on JJ for God's sake.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, a contigency plan! What will we think of next, wingers?

19019[/snapback]

You're such a dinosaur SLP! Don't you know that there isn't such a thing anymore??

Pffft! :lol::lol:

Edited by snakehips

if we got Kuijt which i'd be delightd about we'd still need some pace up top as he's very similar too Shearer, obviously got young legs but i wouldnt say hes very pacey

if we got Kuijt which i'd be delightd about we'd still need some pace up top as he's very similar too Shearer, obviously got young legs but i wouldnt say hes very pacey

19254[/snapback]

He's not pacey, but he's not slow like Shearer and is mobile and hardworking (which Souness would love).

If we signed Kuijt aswell i would be over the moon!

Could live with Dyer and Bowyer playing on the right, especially in a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Would like us to sign a left back though, even if its someone in their last season or 2 just so we have someone reliable there!

B)

This is why I'd sooner have Owen. Kuyt is just as likely to be another Kezman than another van Nistelrooy. At least with Owen you know what you're getting.

19807[/snapback]

i don't think so to be honest because before Kezman wen't to Chelsea the clubs mooted around have been the likes of Charlton and only went for 6 million, whereas Van Nistelrooy went for 18 and Kuijt is being quoted at 12, and when i've saw him play for Holland he looks a belting player

As with Drogba i think if given a decent run they would do the business, players need to settle into a team especially when you move to a new country and Kezman wasn't really given a proper chance!

I'm sure if you asked Kuyt who he'd sooner go to, Liverpool or us, he'd say exactly the same thing. If Liverpool didn't want him, he'd settle with us.

Looking positive though, IMO we'd have Given, Boumsong, Emre, Parker, Luque & Owen/Kuyt who could push for a place in the top 3 sides. Add solid players like Carr, Taylor & Dyer to that, and we have a very good side.

This is why I'd sooner have Owen. Kuyt is just as likely to be another Kezman than another van Nistelrooy. At least with Owen you know what you're getting.

19807[/snapback]

i don't think so to be honest because before Kezman wen't to Chelsea the clubs mooted around have been the likes of Charlton and only went for 6 million, whereas Van Nistelrooy went for 18 and Kuijt is being quoted at 12, and when i've saw him play for Holland he looks a belting player

19810[/snapback]

Boa Morte came to Arsenal for around £1m as a kid, Viana came here from Portugal for £8.5m...Boa Morte was the one who adapted himself to the English game.

Speaks volumes for our coaching methods tbh.

19818[/snapback]

Never did Bernard any harm, and N'Zogbia isn't doing too badly either.

19822[/snapback]

Bernard couldn't defend and don't build little Charlie up too much, he isn't that good and puts too much pressure on him.