Luque whos here?

nufc1984

Albert luque jetted in to tyneside this morning to complete a medical. :lol:

19014[/snapback]

You seem to be getting very excited about Luque. How much do you really know about him?

I'm not saying he is not a good player, and not trying to put a downer on this, but I can honestly say I had not even heard of him before our interest. But several threads have popped up from NUFC fans saying what a fantastic player he is, and they know this from watching Spanish football. Deportivo? Really?

My concerns are that he is overpriced, he won't fit into the PL, he won't score enough goals (Souness has already said he is not prolific), and that he is joining us for a big pay day (papers have reported he has been enticed by a large "cash sweetener"). But I really don't know, I'll just have to wait and see.

If we're really lucky he might be nearly as good as Robert! :lol:

Albert luque jetted in to tyneside this morning to complete a medical. :blink:

19014[/snapback]

You seem to be getting very excited about Luque. How much do you really know about him?

I'm not saying he is not a good player, and not trying to put a downer on this, but I can honestly say I had not even heard of him before our interest. But several threads have popped up from NUFC fans saying what a fantastic player he is, and they know this from watching Spanish football. Deportivo? Really?

My concerns are that he is overpriced, he won't fit into the PL, he won't score enough goals (Souness has already said he is not prolific), and that he is joining us for a big pay day (papers have reported he has been enticed by a large "cash sweetener"). But I really don't know, I'll just have to wait and see.

19069[/snapback]

Looking on the bright side as usual. :lol:

earlier on this summer, when barca were looking for a new striker, there was talk that they had promised to sign luque this time next year. He has been looking for a move away from La coruna for a while.

I saw him play the second half for La coruna against Real Zaragoza last season and also on Tv a couple of times and he seems to be a mre consistent player than Robert, prepared to run at people. 10 goals a season would still make him quite high up our top scorers charts :lol:

Albert luque jetted in to tyneside this morning to complete a medical. ;)

19014[/snapback]

19069[/snapback]

Looking on the bright side as usual. :blink:

19073[/snapback]

I all seriousness, if you think that is negative, it isn't. It's just I'm not going to get excited about a player I know nothing about. Should I?

:lol:

luque is a superb player,i like watching the spanish games when they are on sky and i like him when i saw him play he is just amazing,he walked through ac milans defence,so he must be strong and fast he scored goals against top teams such real,barca,juve,milan etc etc so i dont think he will have problems scoring goals against the likes of arsenal,manure,chelsea liverpool etc

I think Renton may just be a little wary of people who've based their opinions on a highlights clip and/or his stats in Football Manager.

I'd also like someone who's watched him regularly to let us know his positives and negatives.

£9.5m is a lot of money though. I understand Renton's point. I remember when AC Milan sold us a promising young Swedish International forward...

As Souness said himself, he'll get into double figures, but he's not a 20 goals a season forward.

earlier on this summer, when barca were looking for a new striker, there was talk that they had promised to sign luque this time next year. He has been looking for a move away from La coruna for a while.

I saw him play the second half for La coruna against Real Zaragoza last season and also on Tv a couple of times and he seems to be a mre consistent player than Robert, prepared to run at people. 10 goals a season would still make him quite high up our top scorers charts :lol:

19074[/snapback]

That's fine if it happens, but I don't know how you personally can say he is more consistent than Robert based on a couple of matches.

Anyway, hope he makes a useful addition to the team for our next manager.

your not talking to me are you?

because i do not base fact on video clips and football manager,infact iv'e never evan played football manager! i don't base my life around computor games!

Edited by nufc1984

That's fine if it happens, but I don't know how you personally can say he is more consistent than Robert based on a couple of matches.

19084[/snapback]

If he plays well in 3 games out of 10 he's more consistent that Robert.

*ducks for cover* :lol:

I think Renton may just be a little wary of people who've based their opinions on a highlights clip and/or his stats in Football Manager.

I'd also like someone who's watched him regularly to let us know his positives and negatives.

19081[/snapback]

That really does my head in. Someone puts up a compilation of clips from four year's worth of football and people shout 'He's ace! Get him in! Pay £20m!'. Stupid.

Albert luque jetted in to tyneside this morning to complete a medical. :lol:

19014[/snapback]

19069[/snapback]

Well seeing as Spanish football is on Sky every week through the season (live games and highlights) it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that some people have seen him play.

Well seeing as Spanish football is on Sky every week through the season (live games and highlights) it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that some people have seen him play.

.....................................................................................................

Exactly!

Albert luque jetted in to tyneside this morning to complete a medical. :icon_lol:

19014[/snapback]

19069[/snapback]

Looking on the bright side as usual. ;)

19073[/snapback]

I all seriousness, if you think that is negative, it isn't. It's just I'm not going to get excited about a player I know nothing about. Should I?

19076[/snapback]

No I just find it funny that your immediate reaction on news of signing him is not one of joy, but instead that he may be overpriced, he won't fit into the PL, he won't score enough goals, and that he is joining us for a big pay day. :blink:

Edited by Gemmill

your not talking to me are you?

because i do not base fact on video clips and football manager,infact iv'e never evan played football manager! i don't base my life around computor games!

19086[/snapback]

Paranoid much? I don't even know you!

Albert luque jetted in to tyneside this morning to complete a medical. :icon_lol:

19014[/snapback]

19069[/snapback]

Looking on the bright side as usual. ;)

19073[/snapback]

19076[/snapback]

No I just find it funny that your immediate reaction on news of signing him is not one of joy, but instead that he may be overpriced, he won't fit into the PL, he won't score enough goals, and that he is joining us for a big pay day. :blink:

19095[/snapback]

Fair enough I suppose.

:icon_lol: