Owen or Kuyt?

Toon_Crazy

Who would you want Newcastle to sign?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol: Would you like to see Owen in a toon jersey alongside Big Al or would you rather Kuyt who has an impressive goal tally but is unproven in the premiership. I think I would prefer who wants to be here, no point in getting Owen if he doesn't want us. But then again who says Kuyt will want to sign for us if Sheperd makes a bid. (which will be turned down, final bid made and rejected, deal is done.. usual shite.) And then we will up the offer. :lol:

:blink:;):icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::nufc::nufc::nufc:

TBH I'm not that fussed which one it is, so long as we do buy another decent striker...

19101[/snapback]

Exactly my sentiments too. Both players have their advantages over the other.

Owen is proven in the league, but is likely to want away for bigger things pretty swiftly.

Kuyt has an excellent record in the netherlands but that doesn't count for much here, if he came and was successful i think he's less likely to want away so soon and he'd be cheaper to sign.

I know next to nothing about Kuyt if I'm honest.

19107[/snapback]

I'd have concerns about him being overpriced and his ability to perform in the Premier League.

I know next to nothing about Kuyt if I'm honest.

19107[/snapback]

Same here really. Owen is proven and if we get him the chances are he won't leave Newcastle. As Man U won't come in, Arsenal won't, Liverpool may but Newcastle will not make a massive loss on him a year or two after breaking our transfer record to bring him home to England.

If theres a chance we can get a quality prem proven striker like Owen on a permanent basis then i'd take him anyday. Kuyt could turn out like Kezman and theres no saying he wants to join us either.

19125[/snapback]

Could Kezman have proved to be good if he played week in week out, in fairness Drogba was poor last season and Crespo the year before.

If theres a chance we can get a quality prem proven striker like Owen on a permanent basis then i'd take him anyday. Kuyt could turn out like Kezman and theres no saying he wants to join us either.

19125[/snapback]

Could Kezman have proved to be good if he played week in week out, in fairness Drogba was poor last season and Crespo the year before.

19139[/snapback]

Perhaps it was just low confidence with the lack of games, but in the games he did play he did'nt look anywhere near as good as he was at PSV, thats all.

19125[/snapback]

19139[/snapback]

Perhaps it was just low confidence with the lack of games, but in the games he did play he did'nt look anywhere near as good as he was at PSV, thats all.

19147[/snapback]

Definetly agree with you buy how could can you be when there is so much pressure to preform. Crespo to be was woeful at Chelseas but great for AC, different league I know but so much changing around at a club can't be good for players. Look at Everton last year, small squad, everyone happy.

With Owen he is a proven goal threat in the English top flight. However its clear his heart is still with liverpool. if we could get Kuyt for cheaper i think he might be worth the risk. He will also be trying to get in the dutch squad for the world cup aswell so will be out to impress.

With Owen he is a proven goal threat in the English top flight. However its clear his heart is still with liverpool. if we could get Kuyt for cheaper i think he might be worth the risk. He will also be trying to get in the dutch squad for the world cup aswell so will be out to impress.

19154[/snapback]

Good post, agreed.

kuyt,but NOT because i think he better than owen,i just think if we go for kuyt we have got to spend less and we would actually have a good chance of getting kuyt unlike owen w/e anyone says,owen wont come here on a permanent basis(WASTE OF TIME)

Edited by nufc1984

Well I'd like both, but it's not gonna happen. At least with Kuyt, we don't know whether he does or doesn't want to come here yet, but with Owen we pretty much know he's holding out for Liverpool. Kuyt isn't the paciest striker, but I think he'd suit the lone striker role in this 4-3-3 (ahem 4-5-1) we've been playing.

I voted Owen . . . on the basis that he is proven in the premiership.

19220[/snapback]

Not being funny mate, but what's with the Taylor fansite? :lol:

19222[/snapback]

Are you saying he doesn't deserve a fan site. Such negativity will cause him to underperform.

I voted Owen . . . on the basis that he is proven in the premiership.

19220[/snapback]

Not being funny mate, but what's with the Taylor fansite? :lol:

19222[/snapback]

Are you saying he doesn't deserve a fan site. Such negativity will cause him to underperform.

19226[/snapback]

I didn't realise "he" was a "hen".

Sorry Caz.........

I'll get me poncho....