The Titus Bramble appreciation thread

Lazarus

Cue a ludicrous "Titus for England" article in tomorrow's Chronicle and too much praise from Roeder and the players, and the fuck-ups to start again on Thursday. We've seen it all before.

Nah, we'll offer him a contract extension before he starts playing shit again.

Anyway, he played ok today, fair play to him.

Thought the whole back four played well tbh.

Solano looks like a proper cultured right back. Puts Stephen Carr to shame. Mind if he comes up against a flyer on the wing he'd maybe have a shit afternoon of it, but I reckon his football brain will probably get him out of a lot of scrapes that Carr wouldn't be able to cope with. I would hope we've seen the last of that idiot at right back.

Bramble was suprisingly good yesterday but I doubt anyone thinks he can be trusted, ever. Too many painful memories.

Solano had a fairly easy game where he was able to play to his strengths which is going forward and opening up the game. Playing him as a rightback against better opposition would be a risk so he's not going to be the answer in that position.

Solano looks like a proper cultured right back. Puts Stephen Carr to shame. Mind if he comes up against a flyer on the wing he'd maybe have a shit afternoon of it, but I reckon his football brain will probably get him out of a lot of scrapes that Carr wouldn't be able to cope with. I would hope we've seen the last of that idiot at right back.

Nail on head tbh.

Everyone slates our defence when their record is shite, and rightly so, but they should also get credit when their record is good and for quite a while no we haven't conceded many goals. We have the best defensive record of the bottom half of the prem (not great obviously, but a start and i didn't look at the top half to see if we're better than any of them)

If Roeder bring back Carr he wants his marching order tbh because everyone has played better than him at RB this season when asked to.

Nobby can do a job for us there in the absence of a new RB (or the likes of Taylor/Ramage playing there) because he is an intelligent footballer who knows how to position himself and lets us actually play football from the back. He's played their for his country and actually started there in his career.

Its not like every team has a flying out and out left winger these days that will expose him defensively and since Carr's defending has gone to shit, Nobby offers us more going forward and more defensively these days!

Then come January a RB should be bought along with a LB and a striker!

Could not agree more.I think Solano gives stability to the defense.As you say ,he can think his way out of trouble.If not he can put in a lovely pro - foul that doesn't cripple the opposition or get himself sent off.

If I never see Carr again it will be too soon.