Harsh Reality

Razz

From the Liverpool Echo

Magpies in dreamland

FORGIVE me for introducing a note of caution to excited Magpies, but didn't Newcastle make a much trumpeted, totally genuine, record-breaking bid for an England international striker exactly this time last year.

And didn't he end up in a red shirt days later? Yes, thought so.

Newcastle, a massive club? Only in the eyes of their deluded supporters.

:lol:

IF, and I mean IF, we sign Owen...does anyone fancy bombarding the wonderful Liverpool Echo with some rather interesting e-mails? Cos I do.

19296[/snapback]

Never mind the Liverpool Echo, I'd bombard every paper in the country.

nice standard of professional reporting in the Liverpool Echo

they still burning copies of the sun down there? or since they asked Juventus to forgive them, have they forgave the sun

ps. yes the sun is a shit newspaper that i dont buy anyway

tbh, they have the ultimate comeback of being european champions. we'd just end up looking foolish trying to have pops at them.

19303[/snapback]

yeah and to be honest there was always only one place Owen was gonna end up. I just hope he costs Liverpool more money than they received for him last year.

Europeans champions whose main summer signing is Peter Crouch...

*Chuckles*

19317[/snapback]

:lol: emm, why are taking the piss out liverpool again? i mean i hate all scousers but hardly feel Im in the position to laugh at them with the abomination that I follow!

Europeans champions whose main summer signing is Peter Crouch...

*Chuckles*

19317[/snapback]

:lol: emm, why are taking the piss out liverpool again? i mean i hate all scousers but hardly feel Im in the position to laugh at them with the abomination that I follow!

19333[/snapback]

Because they took this piss out of us. Stimulus, response.

I know it has a really smug tone, but he's not said anything particularly untrue. Would love it if we signed Owen after all that's been said.

19353[/snapback]

yeah and i cant really disagree with what he's said. And anyway we take the piss out of the club enough we cant take offense if someone else does likewise. We must admit we are an easy target and Im just hoping this mess doesnt take too long to get resolved.

I know it has a really smug tone, but he's not said anything particularly untrue. Would love it if we signed Owen after all that's been said.

19353[/snapback]

Well, yes but its the unprofessionalism involved as well.

Do you see the chronicle or the journal acting that way?

19353[/snapback]

19369[/snapback]

It's not much worse than reading about what Alan Oliver had for lunch and who he had lunch with.

19353[/snapback]

19369[/snapback]

i think by the time we are ever in a position to be smug over teams like liverpool, printed newspapers like the chronicle or journal will be relics from a bygone age!

signing owen now wouldnt just excite me,it would give me satisfaction in that we can put our fingers up to liverpool and just about evry1 who has been doubting us. laugh at me all you want,but i think he will end up here.

freddy shepherd was in talks with micheal owens agent yesterday....and freddy said it had to be closed by thursday night if he can't make a decision..then why has souness said the bids still on the table?....Because owens agent must have said something quite positive to do with owen coming here or shepherd would have closed it last night!

does that make sense?

From the Liverpool Echo

Newcastle, a massive club? Only in the eyes of their deluded supporters.

19294[/snapback]

I'd rather be a deluded supporter than a multi-murderous supporter

I don't understand ... what did he say wrong?! ... Which world class player would want to play for the Toon at the moment (not many!) .... It's a grim reality, but thats true.

As for Owen, he's almost signed for the Pool. 10 mill I think.

I found this on Koptalk written by the Editor (sorry couldn't find name):

"So what about Michael Owen? Well I want him at Anfield, of course I do but if he has to go somewhere else, I hope it's Newcastle because I tell you what, he'd love it there. He'd be idolised at St. James' Park, much more than he ever was at Anfield. Like Shearer, he'd become a legend but like Shearer, he could end up with no winners medals. If he wants to be loved unconditionally then St James' Park and not Anfield is the place for him to be."