007 Roeder

Matty

That is - unless Roeder is wearing a mask - one of the daftest things I've ever heard. Do they really think people won't recognise the manager of a high profile European club?

In a crowd of thousands? It's not like the turnstile attendant is going to have a hotline to the press/club chairman.

Are you telling me that if a manager of a top european club was sitting in the Leazes, word wouldnt get round? It doesnt need to be during the game but it would be broadcast on the likes of boards such as this and would therefore get back to the club very easily.

Christ on a bike, what do they teach you lot at uni these days? :(

I wouldnt have a fucking clue if the Sporting Lisbon manager sat beside me...unless he is famous??!?!??!

We're not a top European club any more. If the manager of any of the teams outside the current big 4 in Italy, Holland, France, Spain, or Germany sat in the Leazes, do you think anyone would actually recognise them? Would you?

I wouldnt but then I have problems recognising me own mother, there are however many around on here that would.

Recognise your mother?

:(

Edited by luckyluke

We're not a top European club any more. If the manager of any of the teams outside the current big 4 in Italy, Holland, France, Spain, or Germany sat in the Leazes, do you think anyone would actually recognise them? Would you?

I wouldnt but then I have problems recognising me own mother, there are however many around on here that would.

Recognise your mother?

:(

I can't see how it is too difficult to recognise a 7ft tall female werepig. :D

I wouldnt have a fucking clue if the Sporting Lisbon manager sat beside me...unless he is famous??!?!??!

It's this fella 0002_0.jpg

TBH I'd have no idea who he was if he sat next to me. :(

Roeder returns empty-handedDec 4 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder had a fruitless trip when the Newcastle manager travelled to Holland yesterday to run the rule over a potential transfer target.

Reports that Roeder took in the AZ Alkmaar game with Excelsior to watch home left-back Tim de Cler were not correct.

But The Chronicle understands that Roeder feels that the player he did watch is no better than what he already has on his St James' Park playing staff.

As revealed in The Chronicle on Saturday, Roeder paid to watch the game in Holland after taking in Saturday's North London derby between Arsenal and Spurs.

It was also a weekend when United were again wrongly linked with a host of players, including Chelsea superstar Andrei Shevchenko.

This prompted Roeder to say today: "Shevchenko is a wonderful player and a player any club would love to have. But I have not contacted Chelsea about him and I won't be contacting them.

"I am afraid some of the transfer talk over the weekend is pure fantasy."

United were also linked with Preston's David Nugent and Vincenzo Montella of Roma, but neither will be on Roeder's shopping list.

One player Roeder has always admitted he admires is Charlton striker Darren Bent, but the United boss does not see any way he can attract him to St James' Park.

He added: "I have been a fan of Darren Bent from the time I first saw him play for Ipswich, and in the summer we asked Charlton about him and were quoted £15m.

"We have not been back to The Valley for several

reasons one of them being that Charlton would not sell Bent to us because it would send a terrible message out to their supporters.

"Certainly reports saying that we are offering James Milner and Stephen Carr in part-exchange for Bent are not correct, because both these players are very much in my plans.

"And as far as our supporters are concerned, it is important that while they must know we are busy and still monitoring several situations no decision has been made on any player we will be trying to bring to St James' Park."

Meanwhile, despite all the talk coming out of the Albert Luque camp, United say that they have not had any approaches for their Spanish international.