Newcastle plan audacious Shevchenko swoop.

Optimistic Nut

NEWCASTLE are considering an audacious bid to land Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko on a five-month loan deal.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder is monitoring the striker's situation after it was revealed the Blues would be willing to let him leave on a temporary basis in January.

Sheva's former club AC Milan are favourites to sign the Ukrainian, 30.

But a Geordies source said: "Newcastle are thinking of making a move for Shevchenko if Chelsea are serious about letting him go on loan.

"It's a deal which would benefit both clubs.

"It would help out the striker situation at Newcastle and allow the player to adjust to life in the Premiership without playing for one of Chelsea's title rivals."

Roeder is desperate to land new strikers next month because of injuries to Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi, while Oba Martins and Albert Luque have struggled.

But Sheva has hit just three league goals since a £30million move from Milan in May.

:(:D:( Yeah, right.

They're bored over at the NOTW then?

Fuck's sake if Chelsea are going to loan him out (I think they'd sell him before loaning him), he'll be going abroad. There's no way they'll loan him in this country.

They're bored over at the NOTW then?

Fuck's sake if Chelsea are going to loan him out (I think they'd sell him before loaning him), he'll be going abroad. There's no way they'll loan him in this country.

I could see why they'd let him go to us. 5 months in the Premiership to adjust, and giving us a player on his day capable of taking points off Chelsea's title challengers (or Man U as they're better known). There's just not a cat in hells chance of the player agreeing to it though.