Nice one, Shearergol.

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I saw that, they have spoken to owens advisors meaning that the deal isnt dead yet.

I still feel we should be "actively pursuing" other targets though, if owen changes his mind and the cash has gone then its tough shit for him and his glorified Real Madrid season ticket

He would play for us, he would just rather play for someone else before us.

Shearer will not be replaced, it would be immensely difficult to find a player with his dedication to the club.

As long as we get someone who will bang the goals in then thats all we need at the minute.

He would play for us, he would just rather play for someone else before us.

Shearer will not be replaced, it would be immensely difficult to find a player with his dedication to the club.

As long as we get someone who will bang the goals in then thats all we need at the minute.

19523[/snapback]

he only mentioned us to bait Liverpool tbh.

Why are we going after a player that doesn't even want to play for us?

19519[/snapback]

yeah my thoughts exactly. And for that kinda money we must be able to attract somebody half decent. I still think Anelka could do a job for us :lol:

Revealing that we have all this money(from the Owen bid) has probably blown any chances of getting Anelka on the cheap, should the deal for Mickey go through.

My feeling is that we'll miss out on Owen, and Souness will swap all the transfer budget on magic beans.

Not quite a Press Conference, but there was a massive interview between Graeme Souness and SSN's David Craig at St James' Park concerning Luque and Owen this afternoon at 3.30pm.

Give yourself a pat on the back.  B)

19508[/snapback]

He's a clever lad that Shearergol.....managed that one all the way from Majorca as well! :D

Revealing that we have all this money(from the Owen bid) has probably blown any chances of getting Anelka on the cheap, should the deal for Mickey go through.

My feeling is that we'll miss out on Owen, and Souness will swap all the transfer budget on magic beans.

19547[/snapback]

hope he does as I feel there may be a happy ending here then. Oh no I remember NUFC are the sleeping giant and he ends up a goner B)

Not quite a Press Conference, but there was a massive interview between Graeme Souness and SSN's David Craig at St James' Park concerning Luque and Owen this afternoon at 3.30pm.

Give yourself a pat on the back.  B)

19508[/snapback]

He's a clever lad that Shearergol.....managed that one all the way from Majorca as well! :D

19555[/snapback]

i was gonna say, i'm sure he's on holiday like. One of them kids go free deals, he took his lass :D:lol:

• 1 month later...
Just looking back at this, and people worrying about the "Owen bid" preventing us signing Anelka cheaply. :D

40564[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that 3 or 4 months after signing Anelka, Souness would have alienated him and forced him to be sold for a giveaway fee, thinking he was a tough guy doing the right thing for the club.

And those who supported the signing of Anelka at the time, would have also called him worse than shite and backed Souness for getting rid of a disruptive influence.

While watching Souness's "dyer but model professional" © still at the club....

Just looking back at this, and people worrying about the "Owen bid" preventing us signing Anelka cheaply. :D

40564[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that 3 or 4 months after signing Anelka, Souness would have alienated him and forced him to be sold for a giveaway fee, thinking he was a tough guy doing the right thing for the club.

And those who supported the signing of Anelka at the time, would have also called him worse than shite and backed Souness for getting rid of a disruptive influence.

40566[/snapback]

:lol:

You got your hypothetical crystal ball lensed specs ® on again?

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

but I'm right. And some things are quite easy to predict, providing you don't wear rose tinted specs © that is !

Edited by LeazesMag

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

but I'm right. And some things are quite easy to predict, providing you don't wear rose tinted specs © that is !

40575[/snapback]

You think you're right, slight difference :blink:

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

40575[/snapback]

You think you're right, slight difference :blink:

40577[/snapback]

Does anyone really think a player like Anelka is suddenly going to become a model pro...I mean under an understanding and sympathetic, motivational "manager" like Souness ......... unless you wear rose tinted specs ©

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

40575[/snapback]

You think you're right, slight difference ;)

40577[/snapback]

Does anyone really think a player like Anelka is suddenly going to become a model pro...I mean under an understanding and sympathetic, motivational "manager" like Souness ......... unless you wear rose tinted specs ©

40580[/snapback]

Does anyone really think there is any point in talking about at what stage Souness would have fallen out with a player he didn't even sign? :blink:

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

40575[/snapback]

You think you're right, slight difference B)

40577[/snapback]

40580[/snapback]

Does anyone really think there is any point in talking about at what stage Souness would have fallen out with a player he didn't even sign? :blink:

40581[/snapback]

But in a parallel universe, Souness did do exactly this. My parallel self saw it. ;)

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

40575[/snapback]

40577[/snapback]

40580[/snapback]

40581[/snapback]

But in a parallel universe, Souness did do exactly this. My parallel self saw it. ;)

40623[/snapback]

Apparently there is an infinite number of parallel universes, in one of them we even win the Premier League. B)

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

40575[/snapback]

40577[/snapback]

40580[/snapback]

40581[/snapback]

40623[/snapback]

Apparently there is an infinite number of parallel universes, in one of them we even win the Premier League. B)

40631[/snapback]

Interesting point, I think you have provided definitive proof that the parallel universe theory is simply too implausible to be true. B)

40564[/snapback]

40566[/snapback]

40570[/snapback]

40575[/snapback]

40577[/snapback]

40580[/snapback]

40581[/snapback]

40623[/snapback]

40631[/snapback]

I heard Renton's parallel self was devastated about it an'all.