Nice one, Shearergol.

Optimistic Nut

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Renton's parallel self was devastated about it an'all.

40648[/snapback]

And in another parallel Universe Renton is arguing with Gemmill that, despite all the evidence to the contrary, Souness is a decent manager and should be given at least to the end of the year. :D

Edit: beaten to it.

Edited by Renton

In a parallel universe though, both Leazesmag and Renton would be backing Souness 100%. Work that one out.

40652[/snapback]

Imagine Leazes in a pair of rose-tinted aviators, man. :D

Edited by Gemmill

In a parallel universe though, both Leazesmag and Renton would be backing Souness 100%. Work that one out.

40652[/snapback]

40659[/snapback]

Apparently, I've got a pair.

40652[/snapback]

40659[/snapback]

:lol::blink:;)

Having a pint with Souness!! B)

40663[/snapback]

I was going to say admitting he was wrong but that's more pure fantasy than science fiction tbh

Just looking back at this, and people worrying about the "Owen bid" preventing us signing Anelka cheaply. :D

40564[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that 3 or 4 months after signing Anelka, Souness would have alienated him and forced him to be sold for a giveaway fee, thinking he was a tough guy doing the right thing for the club.

And those who supported the signing of Anelka at the time, would have also called him worse than shite and backed Souness for getting rid of a disruptive influence.

While watching Souness's "dyer but model professional" © still at the club....

40566[/snapback]

:lol:

You got your hypothetical crystal ball lensed specs ® on again?

40570[/snapback]

but I'm right. And some things are quite easy to predict, providing you don't wear rose tinted specs © that is !

40575[/snapback]

You think you're right, slight difference ;)

40577[/snapback]

Does anyone really think a player like Anelka is suddenly going to become a model pro...I mean under an understanding and sympathetic, motivational "manager" like Souness ......... unless you wear rose tinted specs ©

40580[/snapback]

Does anyone really think there is any point in talking about at what stage Souness would have fallen out with a player he didn't even sign? :blink:

40581[/snapback]

and if he does ?

How many people were raving about Kluivert months before we got him......then turned out to be total tosser, exactly as I and one or two others who don't wear rose tinted specs © said.

We are or have been linked with him, making it relevant, so IMO we should stay well clear. ESPECIALLY if fuckwit is manager

40652[/snapback]

40659[/snapback]

Imagine you EVER admitting you are wrong ............ about anything !

Actually, ref the post above, you were raving on about how fantastic Kluivert would be weren't you ??

And whats your excuse for last seasons fall from 5th to 14th ????

Where also is everyone who said Ameobi would be our next international flying centre forward that would score 20 goals ?????????????

Edited by LeazesMag

Just looking back at this, and people worrying about the "Owen bid" preventing us signing Anelka cheaply. :D

40564[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that 3 or 4 months after signing Anelka, Souness would have alienated him and forced him to be sold for a giveaway fee, thinking he was a tough guy doing the right thing for the club.

And those who supported the signing of Anelka at the time, would have also called him worse than shite and backed Souness for getting rid of a disruptive influence.

While watching Souness's "dyer but model professional" © still at the club....

40566[/snapback]

You got your hypothetical crystal ball lensed specs ® on again?

40570[/snapback]

but I'm right. And some things are quite easy to predict, providing you don't wear rose tinted specs © that is !

40575[/snapback]

You think you're right, slight difference ;)

40577[/snapback]

Does anyone really think a player like Anelka is suddenly going to become a model pro...I mean under an understanding and sympathetic, motivational "manager" like Souness ......... unless you wear rose tinted specs ©

40580[/snapback]

Does anyone really think there is any point in talking about at what stage Souness would have fallen out with a player he didn't even sign? :blink:

40581[/snapback]

and if he does ?

How many people were raving about Kluivert months before we got him......then turned out to be total tosser, exactly as I and one or two others who don't wear rose tinted specs © said.

We are or have been linked with him, making it relevant, so IMO we should stay well clear. ESPECIALLY if fuckwit is manager

40735[/snapback]

When we signed Bellamy just about everyone was saying he was too expensive and had failed in the PL in the past. He was twatful in his first game at home (in the Intertoto) and we went into the new season thinking we'd be well and truly done by Coventry....

My point is, you can't predict the future and who will work with managers and who won't. Remember when Souness came who was going to be first out of the door acording to fans? Dyer, you know, the lad who's upped his game, Souness praises, and has got a contract extension...

Who peddled Kluivert? Souness  :blink:

40737[/snapback]

everyone shows sense sometimes, even the biggest fuckwits !

Shouldn't have bought him in the first place .......

40738[/snapback]

The Kluivert scenario would tend to suggest that :D

40652[/snapback]

40659[/snapback]

Actually, ref the post above, you were raving on about how fantastic Kluivert would be weren't you ??

Where also is everyone who said Ameobi would be our next international flying centre forward that would score 20 goals ?????????????

40736[/snapback]

I never raved about Kluivert like. At least not in the real world - maybe I was doing it in the one in your head though. The one where we signed Anelka etc. :lol:

The thing that you're constantly accusing me of being wrong about is giving Souness more time. Who's to say I'm wrong? Where was the cut-off point where you were proved right and I was proved wrong? I seem to remember you wittering on about how we'd be relegated if Souness carried on. Looks like you got that one wrong eh?

It's easy to be right when you create alternative worlds where Souness fucks everything up and then try and use these "facts" ("Well he would have done that though wouldn't he?") to batter people with. The fact that the events you're going on about never even happened seems largely irrelevant to you. Which is a bit stupid, wouldn't you agree?

40652[/snapback]

40659[/snapback]

40736[/snapback]

I never raved about Kluivert like. At least not in the real world - maybe I was doing it in the one in your head though. The one where we signed Anelka etc. :lol:

The thing that you're constantly accusing me of being wrong about is giving Souness more time. Who's to say I'm wrong? Where was the cut-off point where you were proved right and I was proved wrong? I seem to remember you wittering on about how we'd be relegated if Souness carried on. Looks like you got that one wrong eh?

It's easy to be right when you create alternative worlds where Souness fucks everything up and then try and use these "facts" ("Well he would have done that though wouldn't he?") to batter people with. The fact that the events you're going on about never even happened seems largely irrelevant to you. Which is a bit stupid, wouldn't you agree?

40804[/snapback]

We did have our worst ever year in the premiership last year - that is a FACT that can't be discounted.

But true, you did specify that he should get two years no matter what happens, so I assume you will admit you're wrong if we fail to get into Europe in the league this year (minimum), or even the Champions league.

Asides from that, I have never heard you admit you were wrong about anything, ever. So even if we do finish below 5th, I doubt you will admit you were wrong.

40652[/snapback]

40659[/snapback]

40736[/snapback]

40804[/snapback]

We did have our worst ever year in the premiership last year - that is a FACT that can't be discounted.

But true, you did specify that he should get two years no matter what happens, so I assume you will admit you're wrong if we fail to get into Europe in the league this year (minimum), or even the Champions league.

Asides from that, I have never heard you admit you were wrong about anything, ever. So even if we do finish below 5th, I doubt you will admit you were wrong.

40808[/snapback]

Tell me what I've got to admit I was wrong about and I'll do it.

40811[/snapback]

Just basically that Souness was the right man for the job. Fair enough, you specified he needed two years, so specify what a satisfactory finish would be this year (I suggest higher than Robson given the fortune he has spent), and then, if he fails to get it, admit you were wrong. Simple! You're off the hook for another 7 months!

I will do likewise.

This is my honest belief, had Robson stayed, we wouldn't have finished 5th, more like 7th,8th,9th. However, whoever came in (Robson was in his last season remember) would have had a tough rebuilding job so I think we are in a better position than we might have been had Robson stayed all last season. That is not to say Souness couldn't have handled things better.

Who peddled Kluivert? Souness  :blink:

40737[/snapback]

everyone shows sense sometimes, even the biggest fuckwits !

Shouldn't have bought him in the first place .......

40738[/snapback]

The Kluivert scenario would tend to suggest that :D

40740[/snapback]

I'm a little disappointed LM didn't pick up on the double meaning here tbh. And btw LM it was a joke ffs jw etc.

40811[/snapback]

Just basically that Souness was the right man for the job. Fair enough, you specified he needed two years, so specify what a satisfactory finish would be this year (I suggest higher than Robson given the fortune he has spent), and then, if he fails to get it, admit you were wrong. Simple! You're off the hook for another 7 months!

I will do likewise.

40814[/snapback]

Firstly, I didn't say he was the right man for the job - I said he deserved to be given time to prove one way or the other whether he was or wasn't.

And just to clarify: before I admit I'm wrong you want me to make a specific pronouncement that I can be proved wrong for? In other words, you've got nothing that I haven't admitted I was wrong about in the past. :D

I think European qualification through the league is satisfactory. By higher than Robson, do you mean 2nd or 3rd? I think that's unrealistic tbh.

40811[/snapback]

I will do likewise.

40814[/snapback]

Firstly, I didn't say he was the right man for the job - I said he deserved to be given time to prove one way or the other whether he was or wasn't.

And just to clarify: before I admit I'm wrong you want me to make a specific pronouncement that I can be proved wrong for? In other words, you've got nothing that I haven't admitted I was wrong about in the past. :lol:

I think European qualification through the league is satisfactory. By higher than Robson, do you mean 2nd or 3rd? I think that's unrealistic tbh.

40823[/snapback]

Actually, I meant 4th i.e. improving on where we were. Not unreasonable given the funds.

For the record, I'm sure I remember you saying words to the effect that he would be good for us - mainly for his disciplinarian skills, but obviously I can't prove this, it being a year ago on a different board.

I can't pin you down on being wrong before because you never stated specific aims, that's why I'm doing it now (I think you are saying 6th). But, I would have thought that last years performances and results were so obviously bad that if I were you I'd hold my hands up and at least say it looks like I have got it wrong.

Bet you nearly did before we signed Owen. :D

So, that's settled. If we come lower than 6th - Gemmill admits he was wrong.

If we get 4th, I admit I was wrong.

If we come 5th or 6th, we go into extra time!

We should be aiming for 4th this season IMO, 5th at worst. Cue Leazes telling me either I'm wearing rose-tinted Ray Bans or that I will have to publicly admit on live TV that I am wrong if this doesn't happen :D

40811[/snapback]

I will do likewise.

40814[/snapback]

And just to clarify: before I admit I'm wrong you want me to make a specific pronouncement that I can be proved wrong for? In other words, you've got nothing that I haven't admitted I was wrong about in the past. :lol:

40823[/snapback]

Actually, I meant 4th i.e. improving on where we were. Not unreasonable given the funds.

For the record, I'm sure I remember you saying words to the effect that he would be good for us - mainly for his disciplinarian skills, but obviously I can't prove this, it being a year ago on a different board.

I can't pin you down on being wrong before because you never stated specific aims, that's why I'm doing it now (I think you are saying 6th). But, I would have thought that last years performances and results were so obviously bad that if I were you I'd hold my hands up and at least say it looks like I have got it wrong.

40827[/snapback]

UEFA Cup qualification would keep me happy, but I'd expect us to push on next season. Is anything outside of the top 4 a sackable offence in your eyes, or would you take that and see how we got on next year?

EDIT! PS, I'd say probably 5th rather than 6th. Outside of the established top 3, I think only Liverpool should be good enough to finish above us. If, that is, they get it right - I've got a bet on with a Scouser at work that we'll finish above them though. :blink:

Edited by Gemmill

We should be aiming for 4th this season IMO, 5th at worst. Cue Leazes telling me either I'm wearing rose-tinted Ray Bans or that I will have to publicly admit on live TV that I am wrong if this doesn't happen :D

40831[/snapback]

For the last few years we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th, alot of money has been spent since the 5th place, first by Bobby and then massively by Souness. So 4th should certainly be the aim with 5th acceptable but not where we would like to be ideally.

40811[/snapback]

I will do likewise.

40814[/snapback]

40823[/snapback]

40827[/snapback]

UEFA Cup qualification would keep me happy, but I'd expect us to push on next season. Is anything outside of the top 4 a sackable offence in your eyes, or would you take that and see how we got on next year?

EDIT! PS, I'd say probably 5th rather than 6th. Outside of the established top 3, I think only Liverpool should be good enough to finish above us. If, that is, they get it right - I've got a bet on with a Scouser at work that we'll finish above them though. :blink:

40832[/snapback]

Anything below 4th wouldn't be acceptable to me, but more importantly it certainly wouldn't be acceptable to Shepherd. Personally I don't think we will get in the top 6 though. I'll be suprised if we do and happy to admit it.

Of course, I willl never be able to prove that we would have done better with someone else at the helm - I sincerely believe this though. With our squad and the right manager, 4th should be a piece of piss frankly.

Of course, I willl never be able to prove that we would have done better with someone else at the helm - I sincerely believe this though. With our squad and the right manager, 4th should be a piece of piss frankly.

40844[/snapback]

I agree. But I don't know who that manager is. And more importantly, I don't think Shepherd does.