Nice one, Shearergol.

Optimistic Nut

Of course, I willl never be able to prove that we would have done better with someone else at the helm - I sincerely believe this though. With our squad and the right manager, 4th should be a piece of piss frankly.

40844[/snapback]

I agree. But I don't know who that manager is. And more importantly, I don't think Shepherd does.

40845[/snapback]

Shepherd knows who it is...its Shearer!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, I willl never be able to prove that we would have done better with someone else at the helm - I sincerely believe this though. With our squad and the right manager, 4th should be a piece of piss frankly.

40844[/snapback]

I agree. But I don't know who that manager is. And more importantly, I don't think Shepherd does.

40845[/snapback]

40847[/snapback]

munch_thescream040822.jpg

40844[/snapback]

40845[/snapback]

40847[/snapback]

40848[/snapback]

He might be OK actually. I suggested a few weeks back to get his mate Mike Newell in to help him - he's doing wonders at Luton (no doubt I have just jinxed him).

40844[/snapback]

40845[/snapback]

40847[/snapback]

40848[/snapback]

That's more like Iain Dowie :D

If Shearer can sell the club to players like Owen, that's half the battle IMO.

40855[/snapback]

I think he'd definitely have the Keegan factor in attracting/convincing players to come here if nothing else. He may well be a top manager, we don't know, but its a hell of a risk and a hell of a job to start in!

If Shearer can sell the club to players like Owen, that's half the battle IMO.

40855[/snapback]

I think he'd definitely have the Keegan factor in attracting/convincing players to come here if nothing else. He may well be a top manager, we don't know, but its a hell of a risk and a hell of a job to start in!

40858[/snapback]

I agree. I'd much rather see someone like Hiddink with Shearer under his wing. Would he come though? Has FF heard of him? :D

Who peddled Kluivert? Souness  :D

40737[/snapback]

everyone shows sense sometimes, even the biggest fuckwits !

Shouldn't have bought him in the first place .......

40738[/snapback]

The Kluivert scenario would tend to suggest that :lol:

:blink:

40740[/snapback]

I'm a little disappointed LM didn't pick up on the double meaning here tbh. And btw LM it was a joke ffs jw etc.

40821[/snapback]

course I picked up on it .......

Even when I'm in a good mood I still like calling Souness a fuckwit, because he is

! :)

We should be aiming for 4th this season IMO, 5th at worst. Cue Leazes telling me either I'm wearing rose-tinted Ray Bans or that I will have to publicly admit on live TV that I am wrong if this doesn't happen :lol:

40831[/snapback]

I don't think there is anything wrong with aiming for a champions league every year, in fact for me that is the absolute minimum. And I think the 2 years that some say he should have [nowt personal Gemmil mate really just my view] is not acceptable, I don't think a club of our stature should hold these standards, they aren't good enough for Arsenal and Liverpool so they are not good enough for us either. I don't think there is any point whatsoever in Newcastle United having a manager who you feel isn't capable of this.

My problem with Souness has always been, that even if he kept our good players, he wouldn't do the above ....the fact that he has peddled the one player he should have arguably kept above all others, at least in my opinion, means I totally despise the twat.

[i also despise him, not just for being a shit manager, but a bully, thug, egofreak,

for putting his own agenda before all of ours, the city and the football club we all support, in return for being highly paid by binning a player who he couldn't be bothered with, and the manner he set about it, totally dishonest and disgraceful.]

But this was all predictable. Most of us predicted it !!! So why have you changed your minds [not you Alex, just a general comment] ?

For me, if he isn't good enough, he isn't good enough and thats all you need to know .. out he goes.

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't think there is anything wrong with aiming for a champions league every year, in fact for me that is the absolute minimum. And I think the 2 years that some say he should have [nowt personal Gemmil mate really just my view] is not acceptable, I don't think a club of our stature should hold these standards, they aren't good enough for Arsenal and Liverpool so they are not good enough for us either. 

41001[/snapback]

So should Liverpool have sacked Benitez last season after finishing fifth?

I don't think there is anything wrong with aiming for a champions league every year, in fact for me that is the absolute minimum. And I think the 2 years that some say he should have [nowt personal Gemmil mate really just my view] is not acceptable, I don't think a club of our stature should hold these standards, they aren't good enough for Arsenal and Liverpool so they are not good enough for us either. 

41001[/snapback]

41124[/snapback]

Hmm, still qualified fot the Champions league though, didn't he?

We could never dream of reaching the heights Liverpool have with Souness, who has almost no pedigree in Europe whatsoever. Surely even you can see this?

41001[/snapback]

41124[/snapback]

We could never dream of reaching the heights Liverpool have with Souness, who has almost no pedigree in Europe whatsoever. Surely even you can see this?

41139[/snapback]

Even me? OK I admit I wont be going to the bookies to put any bets on us winning the Champions League in the next couple of years.

41001[/snapback]

41124[/snapback]

41139[/snapback]

Even me? OK I admit I wont be going to the bookies to put any bets on us winning the Champions League in the next couple of years.

41146[/snapback]

Just pointing out that your comparison is ludicrous. I wish we had Benitez and they took Souness back - but obviously they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole after what he did there.

41001[/snapback]

41124[/snapback]

41139[/snapback]

Realised a long time ago it;s totally pointless answering this bloke mate