Team spirit and goal celebrations

MattM4

In spite of the poor results up un til the last few weeks, and a large amount of individual mistakes in every game... I must say the team spirit of togetherness seems to be very high. Probably started to build when Souness left, and the huddle started etc etc etc and every goal was vital.

This season too, every goal seems to have been greeted by celebrations involving several team members and group hugs (;)) (apart from Taylor the bastard, he just runs away).

keep it up!

Na, na na, na na na naaahhh... You wanna be where everybody knows... your name.

72784495nm3.jpg

Ah I wish I got to see the game today....

Seen the REading one, but this was the one to see, seems to me...

I was watching a film today and when I opened livescore on my mobile, we were 2-0 up. Couldn't beleive it, and spent the rest of the film looking every two minutes the score ;)

What was Taylor's celebration like? I had to download the video of the Celta Vigo goal just to see that Forrest Gump run :D Was this one today anything like the first one?

Ah I wish I got to see the game today....

Seen the REading one, but this was the one to see, seems to me...

I was watching a film today and when I opened livescore on my mobile, we were 2-0 up. Couldn't beleive it, and spent the rest of the film looking every two minutes the score ;)

What was Taylor's celebration like? I had to download the video of the Celta Vigo goal just to see that Forrest Gump run :D Was this one today anything like the first one?

http://d.turboupload.com/d/1315303/First_Half.avi.html

First half goals and sending off.

Johnny2J found them or uploaded them.

I know it might be contributing to morale and making the world a safer place from terrorists or whatever... I fucking hate that huddle ;)

Agreed. The huddle is shit.

Whats shit about it like?

It smacks of being under-prepared imo. What's the point of it? To 'gee' up the players?? If so, why? As professionals, they should be totally prepared for the game ahead in tactics, team play and personal concentration etc, and a 'huddle' is just un-necessary bullshit imo.

Hey, it's just my personal opinion. It just turns my stomach; a bit like pickeld dill.

strikes me as another step towards the american-isation of the sport. Like cheerleaders, music when teams score and them daft buggers at Bolton who race up and down the pitch with geet big flags everytime Bolton score.

it's entirely twatful

I know it might be contributing to morale and making the world a safer place from terrorists or whatever... I fucking hate that huddle ;)

Agreed. The huddle is shit.

Whats shit about it like?

It smacks of being under-prepared imo. What's the point of it? To 'gee' up the players?? If so, why? As professionals, they should be totally prepared for the game ahead in tactics, team play and personal concentration etc, and a 'huddle' is just un-necessary bullshit imo.

Hey, it's just my personal opinion. It just turns my stomach; a bit like pickeld dill.

If it helps motivate them and increases team spirit then who cares?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest and if the players think it helps then they can go ahead.

Its better that they show team spirit or are trying to increase it than wandering round like 11 individuals who don't care about the team at all.

I agree with people saying stay away from cheerleaders, muisc after goals and other shit that micky mouse teams like Boro get up to, but if the players try to show a bit of unity who cares?

Its better that they show team spirit or are trying to increase it than wandering round like 11 individuals who don't care about the team at all.

I'd agree if it wasn't taged. I don't know, maybe it's me, but real team spirit doesn't come from holding hands and singing Kum Ba Yah, it's the willingness to dig in for your team mate. I fully expect them to be patting each others arse and yelling "Good Job" at every opportunity, next you'll see "I'd like to thank God" speeches being given on receipt of the MoM Bottle of Bubbly.

I'm all for unity and camaraderie, but when it's as plastic as the seating it just riles me.

the best display of team spirit I've seen is the mass goal celebrations and the smiles on the faces of players appreciating eachothers effort or endeavour.

but as Hips said, it's just an opinion so no harm, no foul ;)