Phone Dialling codes

Tom

020 is London, so 0207 is central London (what used to be 0171).

Yeh its 0207 then 7 more numbers,

What the fuck?

I only know like one guy in london and it would be strange for him to call me... <_<

Though apparently, although existing 0171 numbers became 0207 and existing 0181 numbers became 0208, they now use either code more or less indiscriminately for new numbers, regardless of location.

I'm confused.

I'm off to London for a couple of days tomorrow. The streets are paved with gold apparently.

As I am also doing the same, I suggest an investigation into this intriguing mystery.

I suspect all we will find is rude people, tramps and expensive pints, though but.

Apparantly, they have electricity too! :)

elastic trickery?

ee gads.

bet they've got them sexually transmitted diseases an'all!

lucky bastards, we just have to settle for a dull old ordinary airborn virus.

(aiborn or airborne?.... I'm never quite sure) <_<

They are running out of 0207 and 0208 numbers and so they are now giving out 0203 numbers for London as well.

Greg, when I saw you'd replied, I thought the only reason you'd posted in this thread was because your wankered keyboard only allowed you to post 0's 1's etc instead of letters. <_<

You know how a UK dialling code for a mobile is +44

Well i got a call from a 02 and then the number (eg 02077)

Wtf?

Any ideas? <_<

applause_crowd.gif

Now I reckon thats gonna get used a few times on here :)

They are running out of 0207 and 0208 numbers and so they are now giving out 0203 numbers for London as well.

Greg, when I saw you'd replied, I thought the only reason you'd posted in this thread was because your wankered keyboard only allowed you to post 0's 1's etc instead of letters. <_<

Hahaha well my laptop is still not fixed but I have a normal desktop keyboard that I have plugged in via USB. Someone on another forum I post on was so pissed off with all the 1's and 0s that he sent me one from the stock room of his work!