a few questions

irish_mag

im going over in january to watch the man.utd game so i was just wanting to know a few tthings before i went

best pre-match pub (atmosphere, singing)

best stand to sit in (i know your all going to say leazes L.7 but for a person who comes over twice a season is it worth my while. can u get a good perspeactive of the whole pitch and not jus 1 half)

best restaurant(price, quality etc)

best nightclub

Youre going over where?

wer u think. newcastle obviously

whats the strawberry like on matchdays. plenty of singing and banter?

:)

Strawberrys is rammed but good atmos, well was the last time I went about 4 year ago <_< If you dont want to spend a lot stay out of Shearers!

im going over in january to watch the man.utd game so i was just wanting to know a few tthings before i went

best stand to sit in (i know your all going to say leazes L.7 but for a person who comes over twice a season is it worth my while. can u get a good perspeactive of the whole pitch and not jus 1 half)

best nightclub

was the help of the naughty boy's not enough? <_<:)

lol youse boy have cracking memories. i thought id waited long enough to ask my next question :)

no but sure fire me the over18s pubs aswell

i have tremendous faith in my id, my accent and my charm to get me in/served

Ahhh begorrah the barmaids will be wet at the thought of it. <_<

best nightclub

best pre-match pub - Sports Cafe for the strippers. Or if you've got a bit more cash to spend hit For Your Eyes Only, it's a strip club that does pre match specials, only a fiver a dance. Quality fanny at either location. Or you can stick to what you know and hit the Tyneside Irish Centre near China Town.

best stand to sit in - By far and away the Gallowgate my clover loving friend!

best restaurant - Again depending on your fiscal prudence, try the French restaurant behind the Gate, can't remember what it's called but the food is blinding!

best nightclub - Blu Bamboo! <_< And if you can't get in there Baja Beach Club! :lol: Easy pickings I tell thee!

Edited by Smooth Operator

best nightclub

best pre-match pub - Sports Cafe for the strippers. Or if you've got a bit more cash to spend hit For Your Eyes Only, it's a strip club that does pre match specials, only a fiver a dance. Quality fanny at either location. Or you can stick to what you know and hit the Tyneside Irish Centre near China Town.

best restaurant - Again depending on your fiscal prudence, try the French restaurant behind the Gate, can't remember what it's called but the food is blinding!

best nightclub - Blu Bamboo! <_< And if you can't get in there Baja Beach Club! :lol: Easy pickings I tell thee!

Even the girls on the publicity shots look rancid ffs.

best nightclub

Even the girls on the publicity shots look rancid ffs.

Not enough Titular symmetry for you?

I think we should go with judges score cards and see what they average. I've been a few times and tbh Iwouldn't have marked any of them lower than an 8.7! Their artistic impression is always shit hot too.

Edited by Smooth Operator

• 4 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just back from my 3 day adventure in the big city so i thought seeing as youse helped me in the run-up to the trip i thought it would be only fair to give youse a wee review.

MONDAY: new years eve plans went out the window as we faced an 8 o clock flight to newcastle that morning. the 8 of us gathered outside the airport at 6.45 and proceeded to check our bags in and on to the departure lounge. Was shocked to see the amount of toon fans that were travelling over and i got speaking to man who said he travels over every other weekend to see the mags (now thats what you call dedication!). we touched in to newcastle around 8.40, got the bags, caught the taxi and headed to the city centre. We booked ourselves into the albatross inn on Grainger street which couldnt have been beaten for location. city was absolutely empty up until around 2 so we just dandered about, found our bearings and hit the quayside to take in the scenery. finally the city was starting to gain a bit of life so we headed to pizza hut for a bit of grub and then on to a bar called bourgones for a pint. this was the first stop on our mini pub crawl which continued into the sports cafe, the pig and whistle (i didnt know it was a feckin strip club ) and finally finishing up in newcastle arms which is a cracking wee pub. by this time we were ready to hit SJP and we tackled the never-ending steps which took us up to sjh l.7

THE MATCH: wont really go in to too much detail about the match because im sure youse all were either their or seen it on tv but even though we were back row block m it was definitely the best atmosphere i have ever been in. although youse boys are over in block h/j there is a couple of really good lads over the far side who do an excellnt job at gettin the chants going. anyway 2-2 we all went home happy and content and my prayers were answered as newcastle managed to score 2 goals in a match ive been to.

MONDAY EVENING: after the match we headed down into chinatoon for a buffet which was fantastic if not a little pricy for my liking. after that we headed back to the hostel via the offies on pilgrim street. a few cans later and a pint in players and we were ready to hit the bigg market. we settled for blu bambu which layed on a special new years eve re-run for those who missed the previous nights events. ohh how i was glad . for any of youse that were there you will be able to be back me up but compared to any nights back in belfast that had to be the best club ive been in. music was powerful

TUESDAY: HAAAANGOVER GALORE in room 101, albatross inn but time was off the essence so we grabbed a quick baacon and cheese bake and hit the metrocentre. hate the place tbh. in all my time going there i still dont know my way arounf but i thought it was only fair i let the mancs experience europes biggest shopping. 2 hours later and i had still bought nothing so just as we were leaving i called at the club shop and bought last years away top for a tenner. the rest of the day flew in as we strolled around eldon square and northumberland street. come 6 o clock it was time for a kfc dinner and another carryout from our trusty local. after our previous night in the bambu we wanted to experience a new club so we head up new bridge street to ikon envy. what we didnt know was that student night was a wednesday so everywhere was closed..........all except the bambu. after staying there for a few we walked back down to the sports cafe for a nightcap then back to bed.

WEDNESDAY: apart from some shenanigans at the airport (races with wheelchairs and 4-a-side footy) there is very little to say about today.

now back in belfast im depressed and in the stages of planning the next trip

CITY 10/10

FOOTBALL 9/10

ATMOSPHERE 9/10

world famous bigg market 4/10

HOSTEL 8/10

Conall Doherty

SING ON, SING ON!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just back from my 3 day adventure in the big city so i thought seeing as youse helped me in the run-up to the trip i thought it would be only fair to give youse a wee review.

MONDAY: new years eve plans went out the window as we faced an 8 o clock flight to newcastle that morning. the 8 of us gathered outside the airport at 6.45 and proceeded to check our bags in and on to the departure lounge. Was shocked to see the amount of toon fans that were travelling over and i got speaking to man who said he travels over every other weekend to see the mags (now thats what you call dedication!). we touched in to newcastle around 8.40, got the bags, caught the taxi and headed to the city centre. We booked ourselves into the albatross inn on Grainger street which couldnt have been beaten for location. city was absolutely empty up until around 2 so we just dandered about, found our bearings and hit the quayside to take in the scenery. finally the city was starting to gain a bit of life so we headed to pizza hut for a bit of grub and then on to a bar called bourgones for a pint. this was the first stop on our mini pub crawl which continued into the sports cafe, the pig and whistle (i didnt know it was a feckin strip club ) and finally finishing up in newcastle arms which is a cracking wee pub. by this time we were ready to hit SJP and we tackled the never-ending steps which took us up to sjh l.7

THE MATCH: wont really go in to too much detail about the match because im sure youse all were either their or seen it on tv but even though we were back row block m it was definitely the best atmosphere i have ever been in. although youse boys are over in block h/j there is a couple of really good lads over the far side who do an excellnt job at gettin the chants going. anyway 2-2 we all went home happy and content and my prayers were answered as newcastle managed to score 2 goals in a match ive been to.

MONDAY EVENING: after the match we headed down into chinatoon for a buffet which was fantastic if not a little pricy for my liking. after that we headed back to the hostel via the offies on pilgrim street. a few cans later and a pint in players and we were ready to hit the bigg market. we settled for blu bambu which layed on a special new years eve re-run for those who missed the previous nights events. ohh how i was glad . for any of youse that were there you will be able to be back me up but compared to any nights back in belfast that had to be the best club ive been in. music was powerful

TUESDAY: HAAAANGOVER GALORE in room 101, albatross inn but time was off the essence so we grabbed a quick baacon and cheese bake and hit the metrocentre. hate the place tbh. in all my time going there i still dont know my way arounf but i thought it was only fair i let the mancs experience europes biggest shopping. 2 hours later and i had still bought nothing so just as we were leaving i called at the club shop and bought last years away top for a tenner. the rest of the day flew in as we strolled around eldon square and northumberland street. come 6 o clock it was time for a kfc dinner and another carryout from our trusty local. after our previous night in the bambu we wanted to experience a new club so we head up new bridge street to ikon envy. what we didnt know was that student night was a wednesday so everywhere was closed..........all except the bambu. after staying there for a few we walked back down to the sports cafe for a nightcap then back to bed.

WEDNESDAY: apart from some shenanigans at the airport (races with wheelchairs and 4-a-side footy) there is very little to say about today.

now back in belfast im depressed and in the stages of planning the next trip

CITY 10/10

FOOTBALL 9/10

ATMOSPHERE 9/10

world famous bigg market 4/10

HOSTEL 8/10

Conall Doherty

SING ON, SING ON!!

so all in all, nothing much very interesting happened at all :lol: