Parker £6.5m

Emre £3.8m

Luque £9.5m

SOURNESS sales

Bernard £0.4m

Hughes £1m

O'Brien £2m

Bellamy £5m

I have not included any loan or undisclosed fees for future sales who may be on loan this season.

That makes a net spend of around £22 million, now IMO that's surely a sign that the Fat Controller tends to back his manager and I guess if you look back over previous managers they had much the same deal from the Fat Controller.

Sourness is the man who selects these players?

Could they have been acquired for less?

Could we have got more for the players who have left the club?

agreed,i have said this all along,and if we buy kuyt(not that i don't want him to B)) it would have to be 12-13m,so that would take it to 34m odd.thats more than man utd,liverpool and arsenal(PROBABLY PUT TOGETHER!) have spent,so ffs has spent the second largest amount of transfer money this summer in the prem!

FACT! it`s not like he hasnt backed this club,but his negotiation skills can not be defended,THEY ARE POOR AND SLOW

agreed,i have said this all along,and if we buy kuyt(not that i don't want him to B)) it would have to be 12-13m,so that would take it to 34m odd.thats more than man utd,liverpool and arsenal(PROBABLY PUT TOGETHER!) have spent,so ffs has spent the second largest amount of transfer money this summer in the prem!

FACT! it`s not like he hasnt backed this club,but his negotiation skills can not be defended,THEY ARE POOR AND SLOW

19923[/snapback]

where do you think the club is going to get all this money from ?

You are right about Shepherd splashing the cash though, but some of us always said he did that.

I don't think his negotiation skills have anything to do with it when you are talking about a pea brained manager who tells the whole world he has washed his hands of a player and puts us in a desperate position searching for replacements.

On the ins and outs there is no doubt that the Fat Controller has backed Sourness but what concerns me is that some of the cash that was splashed could have been better distributed and the cash that came our way was somewhat less than the true valuation of the players.

Iguess that happens when you're desperate and generally talk down and ridicule your playing staff. We all know who is responsible for this and it is not the Fat Controller, it's the man in charge of team affairs, SOURNESS.

I know Souness didn't sell Woodgate but the money we got from him should be taken into consideration, after all if we didn't sell him then I doubt the purchase of Boumsong would have took place.

Souness has bought well.

20265[/snapback]

Faye ? Babayaro ? Moore ?

20266[/snapback]

Well Bernard wanted to go, contract shite or What ever, he went so Baba for 1 mill was ok. Moore was a free and doesn't start so yeah a squad player, you have to have them too. Faye I agree is not up to much but a squad player who can fill gaps. Expect him gone next summer.

Souness has bought well.

20265[/snapback]

20266[/snapback]

3 alrightish players for £3m, they'll not set the world alight but they're adequate given the money we paid for them.

Souness has bought well.

20265[/snapback]

20266[/snapback]

Faye's a poor footballer and if rumours are to be believed we tried to push him on Fulham as part of the Boa Morte deal, I can still see the logic in us signing him though when we did, Butt had a long term injury which left us with a pairing of either Dyer, Bowyer or Jenas - any combination would be week as piss.

Babayaro only looks a shadow of the player he was at Chelsea and needs replacing.

As for Moore, I think if we had the money to buy a better defender we would of, I'd still rather have Moore and £2 million rather than O'Brien.