Souness and Relegation.

Ugly Mackems

36 Premiership games with 9 wins.

That my dears makes us relegation certainties. Considering he took over a team who finished 5th.

27 points + maybe 8/10 draws which would give us 37 points over a season. I think we can all agree that 37/40 points will likely take us down.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah luque will turn the tide ....

In the unlikely event of him being as good as Craig Bellamy, that means we have swapped 4.5m [or less] for 9.5m.

Good old Souey boy. And a further 9.5m quid spent to improve a team that finished 5th...further down the road that Leeds went.

If we do manage to stay up once Souey has re-constructed ... eer... his team, we certainly are going to have a huge debt due to having to spend big money to cover his blunders and mis management.

Does Luque replace Robert or Bellamy ? Oh well, another 5-10 million still to go.

In the unlikely event of him being as good as Craig Bellamy, that means we have swapped 4.5m [or less] for 9.5m.

Good old Souey boy. And a further 9.5m quid spent to improve a team that finished 5th...further down the road that Leeds went.

If we do manage to stay up once Souey has re-constructed ... eer... his team, we certainly are going to have a huge debt due to having to spend big money to cover his blunders and mis management.

Does Luque replace Robert or Bellamy ? Oh well, another 5-10 million still to go.

19933[/snapback]

If he gets injured less than Bellamy, and gets himself in trouble less than Bellamy, and is less of a disruptive dressing room influence than Bellamy.......maybe you could look on it as money well spent?

I for one am not too impressed with this signing, those who said Bellamy didn't get Arsenal etc wanting him, well they didn't want Luque either.

But the reason I'm apprehensive is, because whoever we buy, with Souness the next confrontation is always around the cornern, and I have no confidence in him anyway to motivate, manage and put a team out playing the "right way" ie with confidence, passing, moving, believing in their ability and taking the game to the opposition and dictating the pace of the game on a consistent basis.

But the money situation at the club is extremely worrying I think, bailing him out like this for his mis management.

19933[/snapback]

If he gets injured less than Bellamy, and gets himself in trouble less than Bellamy, and is less of a disruptive dressing room influence than Bellamy.......maybe you could look on it as money well spent?

19959[/snapback]

If he influences the team on the pitch, and we are 4th, 3rd and 5th in the league it is money well spent.

Sorry Gem, the appointment of Terry Mac obviously wasn't totally wasted, at least someone believes this bullshit the club have spun about a player who wasn't much trouble/disruption until Souness walked into the club. The worse offender is still at the club, he's the managers golden boy model professional, who is buying that crap ? Oh, and Souness himself.....leaving trouble and strife wherever he goes.....

LM, I see you're already sharpening your knife for Luque, then?! No doubt you'll like to see him fail the same way as Kluivert, just to tell us “I told you so” and to show us that you know what you’re talking about…blah blah blah.

Try to get over Bellamy, yeah? You make him sound like he was a god here!

haddaway and shite man don't talk rubbish !!!

Basically, unless we at least match where we were under Robson, Souness has failed. I am 100% confident he won't to it, are you ?

I'm also 100% confident, unfortunately, that the club is spending money above budget, to cover up Souness's mis management and forcing us to sell players on the cheap.

As for Kluivert, well I was right wasn't I ? He was a fat waster who didn't give a toss, wasn't he ? How do you know what the supporters thought of Bellamy ? Truth is, the vast majority realised how good he was, a crowd favourite, whatever the Souness spin doctors are trying to peddle now.

And Omar...nothing would please me more to see us where we were when Keegan left, with Keegan or someone of a similar calibre in charge. Oh yes. Love it, love it.

It's called standards and not being fooled into lowering them.

Edited by LeazesMag

The Mirror have it spot on in an artical I read today about how deluded the arrogant dipstick is. :D

SOUNESS: deluded

Bt Brian Reade.

From doling

out excuses

to dole queue

FOR a man who showed such

honesty and perception as a player

and a TV pundit, it's remarkable how

ofter those qualities desert Graeme

Souness when he dones his managerial hat.

Take his remark after the abysmal

0-0 draw with West Ham that it's

always hard playing against then men.

For Newcastle? At a packed St

James Park, against a newly-

promoted team who've spent a

fraction of their outlay on players?

When you claim to be among the

top teams in the land? Which

Souness clearly does.

Because this was him days later,

laughing off the critics: "We're a

couple of signings away from being

a formidable outfit. " No Graeme.

Your're a couple of defeats away from

signing on the dole...!

Even Kerber and Black in the cartoon colum have it spot on to.

Souness Talks To Shepherd

Souness: I'm telling you Freddy, Owen could be Just what we're looking for!

Shepherd: Why? Is he a good manager?!!! B)

:lol:

The Mirror have it spot on in an artical I read today about how deluded the arrogant dipstick is.  :D

SOUNESS: deluded

Bt Brian Reade.

From doling

out excuses

to dole queue

FOR a man who showed such

honesty and perception as a player

and a TV pundit, it's remarkable how

ofter those qualities desert Graeme

Souness when he dones his managerial hat.

Take his remark after the abysmal

0-0 draw with West Ham that it's

always hard playing against then men.

For Newcastle? At a packed St

James Park, against a newly-

promoted team who've spent a

fraction of their outlay on players?

When you claim to be among the

top teams in the land? Which

Souness clearly does.

Because this was him days later,

laughing off the critics: "We're a

couple of signings away from being

a formidable outfit. " No Graeme.

Your're a couple of defeats away from

signing on the dole...!

Even Kerber and Black in the cartoon colum have it spot on to.

Souness Talks To Shepherd

Souness: I'm telling you Freddy, Owen could be Just what we're looking for!

Shepherd: Why? Is he a good manager?!!! B)

:lol:

19970[/snapback]

see my sig for another article by Brian Reade. Best football writer going.

Yes, but that's 9 wins in the last 36...and we're still in the Premiership. It's no guarantee that's what will happen in the next 35. And baring in mind he never went down with Liverpool, Southampton, Galatasaray, Benfica, Torino or Blackburn, I don't know why that should change here. Pompey, Wigan & Sunderland will definitely finish below us anyway.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Yes, but that's 9 wins in the last 36...and we're still in the Premiership. It's no guarantee that's what will happen in the next 35. And baring in mind he never went down with Liverpool, Southampton, Galatasaray, Benfica, Torino or Blackburn, I don't know why that should change here. Pompey, Wigan & Sunderland will definitely finish below us anyway.

19976[/snapback]

I agree. This relegation talk is utter crap.

I don't particularly like Souness but we shouldn't sack him now.

haddaway and shite man don't talk rubbish !!!

Eh? What you're talking about? B) I'm saying that Luque needs a chance, but you're already getting on his back! You're the one that's talking rubbish, mate!

Basically, unless we at least match where we were under Robson, Souness has failed. I am 100% confident he won't to it, are you ?

So you're saying that SBR has failed because he didn't match where we were under KK? Remember, you were one of those "experts" that wanted SBR sacked!

I'm not confident about Souness doing it, but so what? I made a post on Luque...and you had to turn it to Souness! Is criticising souness the only thing you can talk about? If so, then you don't know much, do you?

I'm also 100% confident, unfortunately, that the club is spending money above budget, to cover up Souness's mis management and forcing us to sell players on the cheap.

And how do you know it's above budget? Then why aren't you criticising FS for it? It's the chairman that determines how much we spend on a player. Or didn't you know that?! The same goes for selling the players on the cheap, it's FS that accepts how much we get paid for them. He's in charge of how much our assets are worth. Solano was sold on the cheap, and of course, Souness wasn't in charge at the time. It’s FS that hired Souness…enough said!

LeazesMag.

I don't doubt that you are passionate about our club, but you are the embodiment of everything that frustrates me in our supporters.

Anyone can find problems in football. It's the job of the board, management and players to do the best they can.

Your job as a fan is to make St.James a fortress to intimidate the opposition, nothing more.

We all have opinions, but there are more than a few professional cry babies here and they aren't helping anything.

As for Kluivert, well I was right wasn't I ? He was a fat waster who didn't give a toss, wasn't he ?

Yes, I'm sure our great physios handled him greatly! I mean just look what the Valencia staff did with him! Whenever Kluivert played, he generally looked good, better than Shearer even(hate to admit!). You didn’t like Kluivert even before he signed for us. So there was no way that you were going to make your decision on him based on watching him in a Newcastle shirt. Your mind was made up as soon as we signed him. Great supporter.

And you think Robert gave a toss? LM, it's funny that you're not criticising Souness for Kluivert's "failure", isn't it? And wasn’t it you that said the reason Butt didn't give 100% because of Souness mismanagement? Double standards I think.

And you said you knew what you’re talking about? Try not to mix your views for a start! B)

Eh? What you're talking about? B)  I'm saying that Luque needs a chance, but you're already getting on his back! You're the one that's talking rubbish, mate!

it's the first comment, aimed at your general remark that I would rather I was right than the team won. Oh dear. After 40 odd years supporting this club, somehow Omar I don't think so.

So you're saying that SBR has failed because he didn't match where we were under KK? Remember, you were one of those "experts" that wanted SBR sacked!

He took over from Dalglish and Gullit and a team that had finished in mid table ? Don't you know that ? Bobby Robson did well, I think most of us knew though that his age was catching up with him in his last year or so. Don't think he should have been sacked though, I still think a man like that could be used in some capacity, with his contacts and friends in football. Thing is, he probably wouldn't have accepted the "demotion".

I'm not confident about Souness doing it, but so what? I made a post on Luque...and you had to turn it to Souness! Is criticising souness the only thing you can talk about? If so, then you don't know much, do you?

blah blah blah....at the moment, yes it is, because it happens to be the hot topic.

If underselling your best players , and being forced to pay over twice the amount for a replacement with everything to prove isn't a huge gamble by a desperate manager, then you tell me what is. Souness was appointed to get this club back into the champions league. He won't even match Bobby Robson, never mind better him. It's only people like you who have allowed him to lower standards that still defend him.

And how do you know it's above budget? Then why aren't you criticising FS for it? It's the chairman that determines how much we spend on a player. Or didn't you know that?! The same goes for selling the players on the cheap, it's FS that accepts how much we get paid for them. He's in charge of how much our assets are worth. Solano was sold on the cheap, and of course, Souness wasn't in charge at the time. It’s FS that hired Souness…enough said!

19984[/snapback]

We are 50m quid down in the last 5 years. How do you know that isn't over budget ?

Balls to Shepherd deciding how much to let Bellamy and Robert go for ? His hand was forced, and everyone knew we wanted rid of them no matter what. Who is responsible for that ? Who do you think, with your vast knowledge of the club, was responsible for Bellamy being told he had an extra week off pre season training [because he didn't want him back at the training ground].

Edited by LeazesMag

As for Kluivert, well I was right wasn't I ? He was a fat waster who didn't give a toss, wasn't he ?

Yes, I'm sure our great physios handled him greatly! I mean just look what the Valencia staff did with him! Whenever Kluivert played, he generally looked good, better than Shearer even(hate to admit!). You didn’t like Kluivert even before he signed for us. So there was no way that you were going to make your decision on him based on watching him in a Newcastle shirt. Your mind was made up as soon as we signed him. Great supporter.

And you think Robert gave a toss? LM, it's funny that you're not criticising Souness for Kluivert's "failure", isn't it? And wasn’t it you that said the reason Butt didn't give 100% because of Souness mismanagement? Double standards I think.

And you said you knew what you’re talking about? Try not to mix your views for a start! B)

19990[/snapback]

the game in Spain suits Kluivert. It's what he is used to, there is more time on the ball, it is not so frantic a pace to the game, and he was used to playing in warmer weather without the extremes we have during the football season here. This is what I said when we bought him, and I said that at the age he is, he wouldn't adjust to the change and would find he didn't want to adjust to the change, he would lack the desire and not want to get into the physical part of the game here so much. Hardly rocket science.

So what do you know.

We could have had Mourinho in 1999 as Assistant with him taking over in 2001 after he'd learnt the English game...but Robson wouldn't do it.

20026[/snapback]

If Porto had been beaten by Man Utd in the Champions League quarter final a couple of years back he'd be our manager now.