Souness and Relegation.

Ugly Mackems

Or maybe Sourness just talked down their true value. Don't forget Sourness went public with the disgust he felt with those players and for any prospective purchaser this must have had an influence on their valuation.

I agree it would have had an influence on their valuation, especially where Bellamy is concerned...

But as I said about Robert, even at a knockdown price only 3 clubs were interested, now surely if Robert was as good as some seem to think he was in his last few seasons here then wouldn't several clubs have been in for him? especially for free...

For instance if Duff (example) became available at a knockdown price because he'd fell out with Mourinho, who then went and told the press he was a good player but was lazy and didn't pull his weight, do you honestly think hardly any clubs would be interested in signing him?

Do other managers in the Premiership value Souness's opinion that highly?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe Sourness just talked down their true value. Don't forget Sourness went public with the disgust he felt with those players and for any prospective purchaser this must have had an influence on their valuation.

I agree it would have had an influence on their valuation, especially where Bellamy is concerned...

But as I said about Robert, even at a knockdown price only 3 clubs were interested, now surely if Robert was as good as some seem to think he was in his last few seasons here then wouldn't several clubs have been in for him? especially for free...

For instance if Duff (example) became available at a knockdown price because he'd fell out with Mourinho, who then went and told the press he was a good player but was lazy and didn't pull his weight, do you honestly think hardly any clubs would be interested in signing him?

Do other managers in the Premiership value Souness's opinion that highly?

20306[/snapback]

I don't believe for one moment that many managers value Sourness' opinion, and it was not Sourness' opinion that influenced any of the prices.

We all know Sourness' man management track record and add to that the shit that emanated from NUFC regarding the bad boys' influence, the desruptive dressing room etc etc,. This all had a part to play and remember it was not only Sourness that this came from, when the press got hold of the stories the press had a field day. We were in the news daily and often for all the wrong reasons. These are some of the reasons they were given away or even went on the cheap, but TBH other managers do take note of the "goings on" at other clubs.

No, you're totally right, SOURNESS cannot claim excusivity to this one, It's a TFD from start to finish.

it's the first comment, aimed at your general remark that I would rather I was right than the team won. Oh dear. After 40 odd years supporting this club, somehow Omar I don't think so.

HTL wanted us to lose the last few remaining games of last season. He’s been “supporting” the club for a long time too. (Not that it does matter!)

It's only people like you who have allowed him to lower standards that still defend him.

Bollox! It’s FS that has lowered the standards! He got rid of a great manager and replaced him with a poor one. It’s Shepherd that is keeping Souness in his job. It’s Shepherd that watched last season’s mediocre displays from the stands without doing anything about them.

I don’t rate Souness, but I defend him when I think it’s fair to do so. I don’t just criticise him for the sake of it. I, unlike you, also blame the players. You treat them like babies.

His hand was forced, and everyone knew we wanted rid of them no matter what. Who is responsible for that ? Who do you think, with your vast knowledge of the club, was responsible for Bellamy being told he had an extra week off pre season training

If Shepherd’s hands were forced, then why didn’t he get rid of Souness, instead of the players? Oh I’ll tell you why…it’s because he’s a crap chairman with low standards!

Of course I’m pissed off at Souness for falling out with our players. That’s something I predicted would happen when he got appointed, but Craig Bellamy showed disgraceful attitude. What on earth was Souness meant to do? Do you think Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson would put up with a moron like Bellamy?!! Bellamy didn’t behave like a professional, you know.

Once again, it’s Shepherd to blame. Why? Because he should have known Souness’ fall-out history before he was appointed. FS thought Souness was a disciplinarian, which he is not, of course.

BTW, it’s nice to see you backing a non-NUFC player who was loving watching us get beat against Man Utd in the cup-semi. B)

the game in Spain suits Kluivert. It's what he is used to, there is more time on the ball, it is not so frantic a pace to the game, and he was used to playing in warmer weather without the extremes we have during the football season here. This is what I said when we bought him, and I said that at the age he is, he wouldn't adjust to the change and would find he didn't want to adjust to the change, he would lack the desire and not want to get into the physical part of the game here so much. Hardly rocket science.

It was his fitness that let him down, not the style of his play. Henry dosen’t "get into the physical" part of the game either.

BTW, I see you’ve ignored my point about treating players differently. I would appreciate an answer, if you think you know what you’re talking about.

So, I’ll repeat it again-

Why do you blame Souness for Nicky Butt not giving 100% and playing badly, but when it’s Kluivert, you blame him?(Fatty K)

Double standards, mate.

Try to get your opinions in order first. It’s hard to take anybody’s opinion seriously when they’re mixed-up like that. :D

20285[/snapback]

Is Paddy K your rent boy ? You obviously don't watch too much of Newcastle, because even those who thought he would do well can admit now that he was a failure.

For the last time, I just thought Kluivert wouldn't adjust to the premiership for a variety of reasons, most of which I've stated.

I think Nicky Butt didn't settle at Newcastle for reasons, which are different to Kluiverts.

Now - when we signed Butt, did you think he would be a success or not ? [Most Newcastle fans were quite happy when he came too, at the time]

My guess is he'll pick up somewhere else and play more like he did at manU under a proper manager, unless of course Kluiverts influence ie made your money so why bother any more, has rubbed off on him. My view is based on what I saw, I saw Kluivert as being lazy, while in Butt I saw a very unhappy player whose confidence seemed shattered.

As for crap chairman with low standards, I suggest you read up on the history of Newcastle United mate, it's littered with chairman who sold our best players, and not replacing them. We are one of the biggest spenders in the premieship, only manu and Chelsea have spent more. If you think Shepherd is poor because he has "only" handed Clueless almost 30m quid to improve a team that was 5th in the league .....

Edited by LeazesMag

I for one am not too impressed with this signing, those who said Bellamy didn't get Arsenal etc wanting him, well they didn't want Luque either.

But the reason I'm apprehensive is, because whoever we buy, with Souness the next confrontation is always around the cornern, and I have no confidence in him anyway to motivate, manage and put a team out playing the "right way" ie with confidence, passing, moving, believing in their ability and taking the game to the opposition and dictating the pace of the game on a consistent basis.

But the money situation at the club is extremely worrying I think, bailing him out like this for his mis management.

19962[/snapback]

They don't won't Owen either, Wenger doesn't by the finished article.

20259[/snapback]

Barcelona, Real Madrid & Valencia did though.

Is Paddy K your rent boy ?

Is Bellamy your long lost son or something, then?! B)

You obviously don't watch too much of Newcastle, because even those who thought he would do well can admit now that he was a failure.

“how do you know what the supporters thought of Bellamy?”. Yeah fair enough, then. Now, replace Bellamy with Kluivert! :lol:

Kluivert has been neither a success or a failure.

Robert had a worse season than Kluivert, and yet you're moaning about selling him.

Now - when we signed Butt, did you think he would be a success or not ?

No, I had my doubts about him. He looked poor towards the end of his Man Utd days, hence why Ferguson sold him, and even played P.Neville and Djemba-Djemba ahead of him!

My guess is he'll pick up somewhere else and play more like he did at manU under a proper manager, unless of course Kluiverts influence ie made your money so why bother any more, has rubbed off on him. My view is based on what I saw, I saw Kluivert as being lazy, while in Butt I saw a very unhappy player whose confidence seemed shattered.

Your one of those narrow minded fans that think English players always give 100% and foreigners are all mercenaries! :D Like Kluivert, Butt has also made a lot of money, so who says that he's not taking it easy either?!

So if Butt flourishes under a "proper" manager, does this mean you're going to start rating Steve Bruce?! :D

Being "unhappy" and confidence "shattered" doesn’t justify Butt's crap attitude.

As for crap chairman with low standards, I suggest you read up on the history of Newcastle United mate, it's littered with chairman who sold our best players, and not replacing them.

Do'h! Isn't that what you think of our current situation? :clapping: Got your views mixed up again, have you?!

What our previous chairmen did in the past is irrlevant to what FS is doing right now. You're just making an easy excuse for him by comparing him to other crap chairmen to make FS look good.

If you think Shepherd is poor because he has "only" handed Clueless almost 30m quid to improve a team that was 5th in the league .....

And that's what us fan should expect! That money you're talking about is our money, not Shepherd's. Anyway, I've never complained about us spending money. Although over the last few years the fat boy has been getting a bit stingy with it. :blush:

Edited by Omar

Bellamy was a great player for Newcastle. KLiuvert was a bag of shit. This is all I'm bothered about, and I know because I saw them both play plenty of games.

Now give it a flamin rest, and I'm not HTL. So bugger off.

As a footnote though, if you buy a pair of Levi jeans, the money is Levi's. If you buy a pint of milk, it's the milkmans. If you buy something from the football club, it's then the football clubs. No one forces anyone to buy a pair of jeans, a pint of milk or something from the football club.

This is a link to the transfer fees in and out by Newcastle in the last decade. And it's anything but stingy or breaking even.

http://nufc.com/2005-06html/transfers.html

Edited by LeazesMag

Bellamy was a great player for Newcastle

Never said that he wasn't, did I??!!!! :blush:

BTW, when you say “great”, I hope that's just a figure of speech. Because he was never great, just an excellent player. I only remember Bellamy having 2 good seasons in total in the top flight, actually. :blush: But never mind, he’s an excellent player because of his attributes, not because of his “achievements”.

and I'm not HTL

B):D:lol: And when did I say that you were?!!!!!!!!!!! when exactly!? :clapping:

As a footnote though, if you buy a pair of Levi jeans, the money is Levi's. If you buy a pint of milk, it's the milkmans. If you buy something from the football club, it's then the football clubs. No one forces anyone to buy a pair of jeans, a pint of milk or something from the football club.

This is a link to the transfer fees in and out by Newcastle in the last decade. And it's anything but stingy or breaking even.

Like i said before.....I DID NOT complain about our spending! GET IT?!

This is a link to the transfer fees in and out by Newcastle in the last decade. And it's anything but stingy or breaking even

Jesus Christ! I didn't say we were stingy in the last decade! Go and read it again......slowly this time!

So bugger off.

:blush: I do know that you're not HTL. But you do have similliar characteristics.

Like insulting people when you run out of things to say. Oh well...... :D

I haven't run out of things to say, just can't be bothered.

One thing I will say though, is I noticed you said Shepherd had been stingy during the last couple of years.

Apart from the fact that he has allowed the current manager to re-shape a team that was an established top 5 team to the tune of 29m quid, and raked in 8m, a difference of 21m quid in 11 months, the point of going back a decade was to point out that going into the last 2 years we had a sizeable transfer deficit, so much so that it may have been necessary to try to balance the books a little.

BTW, you insinuated earlier I was HTL, and have mentioned it outright on newcastle online in the past, and you know you have.