Toon move for dirk kuyt!

nufc1984

Is Kuyt the starting centre forward in the Dutch national team Roland?

Are you saying a good world cup could make one of the european superpowers interested in him?

20085[/snapback]

from what i recall the last few games he has been starting and scoring too

Kuyt has been a regular in the Holland team for a year or so, but mainly playing on the right or left of a 4-3-3, with RvN in the center and Robben on the left or Castelen on the right.. He has not really had a chanche yet in the centre, but it is sure to come if RvN continues playing as he has done last season.. He is indeed ahead of Makaay and Kluivert in the pecking order, and if RvN is substituted, Kuijt plays center and Van Persie/Castelen would come on for the wings.. I know Kuijt well, and I think 13m is a good price for him. He could be a cult hero for this club..

Is Guillit still his manager?

Can't see him putting a good word for us if he is...

20383[/snapback]

No, after a dramatic season Gullit has been duely replaced as Feyenoord's manager by Erwin Koeman, a former international for Holland and brother of Ronald. I can't imagine Gullit being a factor in this, but I do think Tottenham with Jol and Davids would have an advantage over us. Whether they can match our bid is another matter.. I can also see Kuijt staying at Feyenoord for another year as he's very loyal and down to earth and would probably want to ensure he gets in the World Cup squad. If he does and has another good season followed by a good tournament, bigger clubs than Tottenham and us could be after his services.. This is not just a matter of making the right bid if there is even such a thing considering the manager has had a promise from the chairman that Kuijt and kalou, the other much touted striker will not be sold this season. Also, it remains to be seen if the player is even willing to consider us..

Just watched him score another cracking goal.

He certainly doesn't look like a player who is about to move and will more than likely stick by his club and fans.

/please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong.

Edited by Bottled Dog