"Planning"

Isegrim

:yes:yes:razz:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

"Clubs don't want to lose their best players at this time and there aren't a lot of top players going into the last four months of their contracts. The search goes on. We've only just started to see what we can do about squeezing one or two players out of clubs that will make us better and be players I'm going to be happy with for the next three and a half years."

Ok, what were they doing in the last couple of months then?

What fucking good does it do to whine about the transfer window? The same goes for Shepherd. The problem is not with the transfer window itself, but with the management of the club who seem to be completely incompetent when it comes to conducting transfer business.

From the same newspaper:

Bosses should grin and bear it

Glenn Roeder has hit out at his managerial counterparts for complaining about injury lists which pale into comparison with the current St James's Park crisis.

Roeder prefers to complain about the transfer window instead...

Well I imagine the Jan transfer window is a difficult one to get good deals under..... but yes that still doesn't really explain the lack of action last summer.

I imagine it is but it won't (or in some cases) hasn't stopped other clubs getting players in! Im sure we will get the excuses though when we don't!

From the same newspaper:

Glenn Roeder has hit out at his managerial counterparts for complaining about injury lists which pale into comparison with the current St James's Park crisis.

A bit less time having sly digs at Harry Redknapp and more time looking at transfer targets wouldn't go amiss.

Guest Patrokles

From the same newspaper:

A bit less time having sly digs at Harry Redknapp and more time looking at transfer targets wouldn't go amiss.

I doubt he was up all night planning his Redknapp jibe.

The jibe at Redknapp is idiotic anyway. Saying "ooo he's complaining about injuries when he's down to his last 18 fit players". Yeah Glenn, Portsmouth have an injury crisis too, but because they signed some players in the summer, it hasn't hit them as badly as ours has hit us. Maybe you want to think about that before you poke fun at him. You might also want to think about the fact that they're 10 points and 8 places above us. Arsewit.

Well I imagine the Jan transfer window is a difficult one to get good deals under..... but yes that still doesn't really explain the lack of action last summer.

how many more free transfer players do you think the club should have signed

From the same newspaper:

I doubt he was up all night planning his Redknapp jibe.

Well its not really anything to do with transfers but it annoys me that he's have a go at Redknapp for a disagreement that has nothing to do with NUFC yet completely ignores Mourinho trying to get one of our players carded.

"Clubs don't want to lose their best players at this time and there aren't a lot of top players going into the last four months of their contracts. The search goes on. We've only just started to see what we can do about squeezing one or two players out of clubs that will make us better and be players I'm going to be happy with for the next three and a half years."

illegaly tapping up players of course

Illegal tapping up of players is only if you speak to them without the permission of their club. The transfer window itself only restricts the time where you can change the registration of the player. It also doesn't stop you of "planning" :razz::razz::icon_lol: what you want to do in the registration period.

:lol::lol:;)

Illegal tapping up of players is only if you speak to them without the permission of their club. The transfer window itself only restricts the time where you can change the registration of the player. It also doesn't stop you of "planning" :lol::lol::lol: what you want to do in the registration period.

Larsson to Man Utd being a perfect example. The whole deal was agreed above board yonks ago, it only went through when the window opened.

Illegal tapping up of players is only if you speak to them without the permission of their club. The transfer window itself only restricts the time where you can change the registration of the player. It also doesn't stop you of "planning" :lol::lol::lol: what you want to do in the registration period.

I think there are very few players out there that a club would give permission to another club to speak to while they were still playing for that club. That player would basically already be openly on the transfer list, so until you can actually transfer him, what would be the point of talking to him months in advance? How many transfer listed players would you have spoke to months ago?

And I don't read the above not as we have not identified targets, but that the clubs have not been contacted about whether a deal is possible or not, something that's only worth doing when the window is open

I think there are very few players out there that a club would give permission to another club to speak to while they were still playing for that club. That player would basically already be openly on the transfer list, so until you can actually transfer him, what would be the point of talking to him months in advance? How many transfer listed players would you have spoke to months ago?

And I don't read the above not as we have not identified targets, but that the clubs have not been contacted about whether a deal is possible or not, something that's only worth doing when the window is open

It's illegal to approach the players without going through the clubs whether the window is open or not though iirc. Waiting for the window to open to approach players through their clubs, therefore, seems daft to me.

The clubs that won't sell their players in December - transferlisted or not - are likely to be the clubs that won't sell their players in January. So starting to talk to them at the begin of January - and then getting rebuffed - is going to set your plans back by a couple of weeks. That would only be an acceptable scenario if Newcastle actually weren't desperate for fresh bodies. Every week or even day that goes past without successful action is doing the club harm.