Djibril Cisse

Scottish Mag

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has done little to ease Djibril Cisse's anxiety about leaving the club by saying that he expects more offers for the Frenchman.

Cisse came on as a late substitute in the Super Cup against CSKA Moscow on Friday, and turned the game around by scoring twice and setting up the third in a 3-1 win after extra time.

The former Auxerre man said after the game that he wanted to remain at Anfield, but there was obvious anxiety about the rumours of a departure.

Cisse has been mentioned as the man who may have to be sold to fund a bid for Michael Owen's return to Merseyside.

Benitez has refused to rule out selling Cisse, and even said that his display in Monaco on Friday would bring in more offers.

"We have met and talked about the rumours but we have not had offers," said Benitez.

"After this game and his goals maybe we will have a lot of offers.

"We must enjoy this trophy and we have five more days for talking about these other things."

Marseille have been the main side interested in Cisse, but would prefer a loan move rather than a big-money permanent deal.

Benitez is still not commenting about a possible move for Owen, but said he was always interested in good players.

"I am interested in good players always but this is not the time to talk about that, I must show respect for the players who won this trophy."

Would you take a chance on him?

would take him in a heartbeat. anything less than bout 12mil would be a bargin i think.

20225[/snapback]

Really?!

I'd say anything over 7million and we we're taking a gamble...

There's a pretty good chance you lads will be signing Michael Owen on Tuesday.

So you won't need to think about Djibs B)

Apparently....

Liverpool cannot sign Owen unless they can shift Cisse first. It's as simple as that. It comes down to finances. We don't have the money to afford the fee for Owen without selling. Any money we have from the Baros sale, is needed for a more needed player.

Liverpool have asked Owen to wait till January if they can't sort it by Monday. But he won't do that, so it's now or never. And if it doesn't happen by Monday, he's off to the Toon.

And I can't see us managing to sell by Monday.

and I am not bullchitting - I posted a lot on the newcastle-online forum, sure some could vouch for me there that I aint a shitstirrer!!

So you won't need to think about Djibs  B)

Apparently....

Liverpool cannot sign Owen unless they can shift Cisse first. It's as simple as that. It comes down to finances. We don't have the money to afford the fee for Owen without selling. Any money we have from the Baros sale, is needed for a more needed player.

Liverpool have asked Owen to wait till January if they can't sort it by Monday. But he won't do that, so it's now or never. And if it doesn't happen by Monday, he's off to the Toon.

and I am not bullchitting - I posted a lot on the newcastle-online forum, sure some could vouch for me there that I aint a shitstirrer!!

20330[/snapback]

I know you used to post on the board and i am by no means accusing you of bullshitting however surely by using the word apparently what you have said is not fact and just more speculation?

I know you used to post on the board and i am by no means accusing you of bullshitting however surely by using the word apparently what you have said is not fact and just more speculation?

20334[/snapback]

no, I mentioned it, cos it was my first post here. If i'd have been reading a post by a first time poster, stating such things, my 'bullshiter' detector would have been on high alert B)

I got it from about the only poster on a Liverpool forum I go on that I know to have a genuine contact within Liverpool FC.

Basically, it will come down to the wire. It's about the next 48 hours. And Liverpool need to aquire some finances.

Or need to arrange something pretty damn drastic with Real Madrid, and having seen how them buggers work with transfers over the last 12 months, don't know if that'll happen! (This paragraph by the way, is my own speculation - ie needing to arrange something with Real Madrid, this is not part of the info this guy came out with.)

Also, the guy who posted this, said the fee he'd heard that Newcastle had offered is 15.5 million, and the same wages as he's on at Real Madrid.

Edited by Rafa

So you won't need to think about Djibs  B)

Apparently....

20330[/snapback]

I'll vouch that you're not a shit stirrer, nor are you a know it all twat unlike some scousers who post on N-O. :D

Personally I won't believe it until I see him in a toon top. That said, all logic would point to him coming to us as opposed to 'Pool. Seeing they sold him 12 months ago for 8mil and won't want to pay more than that to get him back. They have an abundance of strikers and Rafa has said he wants to strengthen other areas first and, according to some reports, they'd expect Michael Owen to take a pay cut.

Be great if it happens but I'll just wait and see before I get my hopes up!

I'll vouch that you're not a shit stirrer, nor are you a know it all twat unlike some scousers who post on N-O.  B)

Personally I won't believe it until I see him in a toon top.  That said, all logic would point to him coming to us as opposed to 'Pool.  Seeing they sold him 12 months ago for 8mil and won't want to pay more than that to get him back.  They have an abundance of strikers and Rafa has said he wants to strengthen other areas first and, according to some reports, they'd expect Michael Owen to take a pay cut.

Be great if it happens but I'll just wait and see before I get my hopes up!

20337[/snapback]

ta MrBass!

By the way, from what I heard, it isn't a wages issue with Liverpool and Owen, apparently him taking a pay cut here wasn't an issue, and he'd do that. It's just the actual millions that it'd involve spending to pay the fee for him.

As you say though, just got to wait and see. Time is running out for all clubs to make their deals, but there is still a bit of time left. Not much though!

Hey Rafa, good to see you found us here!

I'll vouch for you as well. I remember you stating before about having one message board contact, who never spouts rumours without a good bit of info behind them.

Jeez-things are starting too luque (see what I did there?) up for Newcastle United with these 2 bids.

I personally wouldn't be too keen on Cisse at the minute, I think he has a load of potential, but has a hell of a lot to learn. He seems like a top guy though and I do hope he gets a proper chance at Pool.

Hey Rafa, good to see you found us here!

I'll vouch for you as well. I remember you stating before about having one message board contact, who never spouts rumours without a good bit of info behind them.

Jeez-things are starting too luque (see what I did there?) up for Newcastle United with these 2 bids.

I personally wouldn't be too keen on Cisse at the minute, I think he has a load of potential, but has a hell of a lot to learn. He seems like a top guy though and I do hope he gets a proper chance at Pool.

20346[/snapback]

Hi Barney!

Yeah, that is my only issue with Cisse - that it'd be sad if he left without getting one full season here. I have a lot of reservations about him as a player, he has much to do to convince me he is anywhere near as good as I expect a player of his cost to be.

But I'd love him to get this season to show what he can do!

Our forum is going mad, there is so much going on, and the Owen V Cisse thing is heading into Orbit. Cisse is very popular, cos of how he came back from his injury, and cos he's just such a character. So it's all going off at the moment on Liverpool forums. Much grumblings about signings and the like (sound familiar?!!). We're a right spoilt lot, won 2 cups in the last few months, one of them the big one, and so many are grumbling like mad. It's all doing my head in to be honest. And I'll be glad when the transfer window is shut.

Can defintiely vouch for Rafa who was an intelligent contributor to the other board.

As for the Owen issue its been hard to now what to think at various stages.

I think originally it was obvious that he was set on goign to Liverpool and if that failed was definitely willing to come here for a seasons loan.

But then we come in with a big money bid for him outright. Then Madrid know how mucht hey can get so they are unlikely to let Liverpool have him for less and he didn't really want to come here fulltime (and i don't blame him)

But now, if Liverpool can't make a deal with Madrid he has to make a choice:

Stay at Real and not play many games, but hope something happens in January

Come to NUFC on a permanent deal and hope it works out well, or maybe have some sort of claue or agreement that after one season he can move on if we haven't achieved certain things? or just come here and make a go of it!

maybe have some sort of claue or agreement that after one season he can move on if we haven't achieved certain things?

I think Shephard would agree to that, say if we don't win a trophy or don't qualify for Europe then we'll let him leave for the same as we paid for him B)

tbh, i'd say it was a bit of a no brainer to get owen rather than keep cisse. liverpool arent exactly light in strikers, but there's no one there that'd i'd say is a stick on for 15+ goals a season. morientes i thought would be, but hasnt looked like he's adjusted to the game over here yet, or perhaps just needs a more settled partner. cisse just too erratic and i'd imagine he's a knightmare to try and play with. crouch we've yet to see if he's gonna be found out or that spell of form last season was him maturing into a excellent player.

i dont really see how liverpool are gonna afford owen though, and i'd imagine one reason we've gone so high is to price them out of the move. madrid are under no real pressure to sell, it's the player himself that wants the move, so they wont really be doing him any favours and i'd imagine they'd want liverpool to match our bid. could they do that even with the sale of cisse? guess it depends on just how big our bid is.

maybe have some sort of claue or agreement that after one season he can move on if we haven't achieved certain things?

I think Shephard would agree to that, say if we don't win a trophy or don't qualify for Europe then we'll let him leave for the same as we paid for him B)

20362[/snapback]

That would actually be fair enough!

We can't be losing money on him, but if we didn't finish high enough in the league he could leave for what we paid!

Its a hard one to know what Owen is going to do. He clearly wants to play regularly and is happy to come back to the premier, but he really isn't desperate to join an NUFC that looks a bit of a mess, and its easy to agree with him.

We can just hope that Liverpool can't afford it, and that Owen decides he has to play regular football and that if nothing else he'll be a toon legend if he scores like we know he can.

There is no doubt that Owen wants a move to Liverpool, the Liverpool board seem to want him but Benitez seems to be a bit coy. We want him and have the money but it seens Liverpool don't want to look like mugs by payinh £10m more than they sold him for last summer.

So Owen's choices are rather limited, either Liverpool stump up the reddies for him or he comes to SJP or he spends the season warming the bench at the Bernabeu. It's really up to Owen himself.