Djibril Cisse

Scottish Mag

There is no doubt that Owen wants a move to Liverpool, the Liverpool board seem to want him but Benitez seems to be a bit coy. We want him and have the money but it seens Liverpool don't want to look like mugs by payinh £10m more than they sold him for last summer.

So Owen's choices are rather limited, either Liverpool stump up the reddies for him or he comes to SJP or he spends the season warming the bench at the Bernabeu. It's really up to Owen himself.

20502[/snapback]

I actually think the board are playing a blinder here.

Honestly I do.

a: It temporarily appeases the fans as it IS a big bid

b: It makes it harder for Liverpool than it would have been

c: We can still look for other strikers while Liverpool scratch their arses

d: He could end up here

None of the pressure is on us. I think the board should be given some credit.

Edited by Souey's P45

owen worried on future

Owen is in limbo on who he wants to join...he evan rang sven up for advice last night!

England coach Sven Goran Eriksson has revealed Michael Owen is worried his international future as he mulls over a move to Newcastle.

The Magpies have seen a bid accepted for the former Liverpool striker, but as yet the 26-year-old is stalling as he weighs up whether to return to The Premiership.

Owen was a squad player for Real last season, although the arrivals of Julio Baptista and Robinho have pushed the star further down the pecking order.

Newcastle are desperate to bolster their attacking options, however Owen is keen to ensure he plays regular first-team football in order to make Eriksson's World Cup squad.

Liverpool have also been tipped to bring Owen back to The Premiership, but as yet manager Rafa Benitez is keeping his transfer cards close to his chest.

"Michael is worried about his club football and even more worried about the international team in a World Cup year," said Eriksson.

"We talked for 10 minutes last Thursday and his worries are, if he plays like he did last season, will I pick him or not?

"If he plays as many games as he did last season Real Madrid, I will pick him.

"If he never plays than it's a tricky one. I will be happy the day I am told what he going to happen, because he is worried."

B)

Dunno about anyone else but SGE's comments read to me that Michael Owen has to get out of Real Madrid if he has any ambition of playing for England next summer.

Eriksson is crafty with his line of "If he plays as many games as he did last season Real Madrid, I will pick him." He knows fine well that as Madrid have signed two new big name strikers, Owen has very little chance of playing as much as last season!

In my mind, the England coach is saying if the move to Liverpool doesn't happen, you have to go to Newcastle for the sake of your international ambitions.

Marseille president Pape Diouf said a potential deal to bring Liverpool's Djbril Cisse to the French club hangs in the balance.

"It's complicated with Cisse. But this is not over," said Diouf ahead of Wednesday's transfer deadline.

"I am waiting to see how things go but as I have always said, it's a complicated situation."

Marseille are currently bottom of the league after after failing to win any of their opening five matches.

However, Marseille coach Jean Fernandez insists the club needs to bring in a player to help the backline rather than a striker.

"We need a central defender, that's what I want and I have already told the managers Pape Diouf and Jose Anigo," Fernandez said.

I'd rather have Cisse than Owen.

I think Cisse has more to his game, and I'm not to happy about Michael Owen not really wanting to come to us.

20587[/snapback]

Owen scores more goals and that's a strikers job meaning I'll have to disagree.

I'd rather have Cisse than Owen.

I think Cisse has more to his game, and I'm not to happy about Michael Owen not really wanting to come to us.

20587[/snapback]

Owen scores more goals and that's a strikers job meaning I'll have to disagree.

21330[/snapback]

So you'd rather have Owen, even though in another thread you said signing him would bankrupt us. Just making sure I'm seeing all sides of your complex opinion.

We'll get neither but If I had a choice that's who I would go for. Seen as none of them will sign anyway it becomes a hypothetical question.

We'll get neither but If I had a choice that's who I would go for.  Seen as none of them will sign anyway it becomes a hypothetical question.

21393[/snapback]

I suppose I would pick hypothetical nonsensical bankrupcy over a hypothetical underachieving striker.

personally... if owen is def coming back to the prem i would rather he played for us... the amount of goals he has scored against us makes me damn sure i dont want him to be lining up for the opposition.

im a fan of cisse as well and would welcome him into our team quite happily... however i cant see us buying him and liverpool buying owen in the allocated time.

There's a pretty good chance you lads will be signing Michael Owen on Tuesday.

So you won't need to think about Djibs  :unsure:

Apparently....

Liverpool cannot sign Owen unless they can shift Cisse first. It's as simple as that. It comes down to finances. We don't have the money to afford the fee for Owen without selling. Any money we have from the Baros sale, is needed for a more needed player.

Liverpool have asked Owen to wait till January if they can't sort it by Monday. But he won't do that, so it's now or never. And if it doesn't happen by Monday, he's off to the Toon.

And I can't see us managing to sell by Monday.

and I am not bullchitting - I posted a lot on the newcastle-online forum, sure some could vouch for me there that I aint a shitstirrer!!

20330[/snapback]

told yers :o

There's a pretty good chance you lads will be signing Michael Owen on Tuesday.

So you won't need to think about Djibs  :unsure:

Apparently....

Liverpool cannot sign Owen unless they can shift Cisse first. It's as simple as that. It comes down to finances. We don't have the money to afford the fee for Owen without selling. Any money we have from the Baros sale, is needed for a more needed player.

Liverpool have asked Owen to wait till January if they can't sort it by Monday. But he won't do that, so it's now or never. And if it doesn't happen by Monday, he's off to the Toon.

And I can't see us managing to sell by Monday.

and I am not bullchitting - I posted a lot on the newcastle-online forum, sure some could vouch for me there that I aint a shitstirrer!!

20330[/snapback]

told yers :D

27448[/snapback]

:)

You did indeed! Now...how many goals will he get this season and i want an exact figure!!! :o

Edited by Papa Lazaru