Souness to buy wolves ?!?

NewOrleansGeordie

Their fans must be delighted......

link

Souness has fancied the idea of taking total charge of a club for some time, and is ready to invest his own cash as part of any deal.

Fuck off the fucking useless prick fleeced us for every cent he could, that would NUFC's money he's spending :lol:

Graeme Souness has issued a statement saying he has made a £20million offer for Wolves.

Reports on Tuesday claimed Souness was readying a takeover package for Wolves, but this was quickly denied by the Molineux club's chief executive Jez Moxey.

Click here to read what Moxey had to say in an interview with Sky Sports News.

However, Souness has moved quickly to contradict Moxey by insisting he has 'offered to buy Wolves for £20million'.

Wolves owner Sir Jack Hayward has confirmed he would be prepared to sell the Black Country club if an investor matched his demands and Souness seems ready to test his resolve.

"I have offered to buy the Wolves for £20million," Souness told the Express & Star. "I don't know why Jez Moxey is saying these things.

"I have had several telephone conversations with Sir Jack Hayward and I have spoken as well with Jez Moxey.

"And last week I made an offer, subject to an examination of the club's books and accounts, of £20million which is the figure Sir Jack had publicly declared he was looking for.

"I was told 'no' by Jez Moxey but the offer still stands. It is Sir Jack's football club and if he chooses not to sell it at this time, that's his prerogative.

"He can do what he wants. I have a partner and I see the club having vast potential and I will put more money into it if I got the opportunity.

"This is not a Johnny Foreigner coming along to make a quick buck. But Jez has told me no, the offer wasn't acceptable. That's the end of the matter, but it is there on the table."

"I have offered to buy the Wolves for £20million," Souness told the Express & Star. "I don't know why Jez Moxey is saying these things.

Mmmmm maybe because he believes that something like this should be conducted in a private and dignified manner and not in the pages of the Daily Star you complete fucking moron.

Mmmmm maybe because he believes that something like this should be conducted in a private and dignified manner and not in the pages of the Daily Star you complete fucking moron.

:lol:

He will sell the best players like he did with us then sell the ground which is in a prime site location. [ Unfortunatly i have to drive past it twice a day}

The club will then switch to the training ground at Castlecroft which will be more than adequate as by then they will be in the Vauxhall Conference.

Graeme Souness has issued a statement saying he has made a £20million offer for Wolves.

"I have offered to buy the Wolves for £20million," Souness told the Express & Star.

wolfmanxv5.jpg

Edited by @yourservice

• 2 weeks later...
Championship side Wolves have turned down a takeover bid from a consortium headed by Graeme Souness.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey said that discussions had taken place with a number of potential investors.

But he said that the offer from the Souness consortium was "significantly below proposals already put forward by other parties".

Moxey added that Wolves have appointed investment bank Rothschild to advise the club on any prospective offers.

Rothschild advised on the takovers at Manchester United and Aston Villa and have worked with Arsenal, Liverpool and the Premier League.

Wolves owner Sir Jack Hayward has made it clear that he will sell hs controlling interest in the club in exchange for a substantial cash investment.

Moxey added: "It is Sir Jack's and the board's over-riding desire to attract an investment that provides Wolves with the best chance of establishing and maintaining itself as a top Premiership club."

Souness, who has been out of football since he was sacked by Newcastle in February 2006, was believed to have made a verbal £20m offer last week.

After tabling the formal written offer Souness said revealed that his consortium comprised UK-born individuals.

"Myself and my partners - all of whom are UK-born and based - made a written offer which is being considered," said the former Liverpool and Rangers favourite.

"Both parties have agreed to keep these negotiations confidential."

And he added that his plan for Wolves was "exciting" and one "which supporters would find appealing".

Souness attended Wolves' game against Barnsley at Molineux on New Year's Day as a guest of the club after meeting Moxey on a flight back from Florida.

Meanwhile, Hayward has pledged to make additional funding available for manager Mick McCarthy to spend during the January transfer window.

Moxey said: "Sir Jack will not profit from any takeover himself - any investment would go into the club.

"In the meantime Sir Jack will continue to support the club."