How to see an away game?

Obagoal

I’m looking to start going to away games, but I’ve had a look on the official website and I can’t see anything about it. I know with most clubs you can gain membership, but at the moment I don’t think Newcastle is accepting members. Is there any other way to obtain away tickets without being a season ticket holder? I suppose you could just go on the away clubs website and get a ticket, but I wouldn’t like to be in the oppositions stand!

Unless your a season ticket holder you have to wait in the hope it will go on general sale, as far as I know.

Even if your a season ticket holder, for the most popular games, eg Sunderland away theres some sort of loyalty scheme used.

I’m looking to start going to away games, but I’ve had a look on the official website and I can’t see anything about it. I know with most clubs you can gain membership, but at the moment I don’t think Newcastle is accepting members. Is there any other way to obtain away tickets without being a season ticket holder? I suppose you could just go on the away clubs website and get a ticket, but I wouldn’t like to be in the oppositions stand!

i am a member of the club official travel club, although i am a season ticket holder a couple of the lads who i go with arent and have no bother getting tickets for games.

think its 10 quid to join tho.

The phone number is 0191 2018550

hope this helps you :razz:

i am a member of the club official travel club, although i am a season ticket holder a couple of the lads who i go with arent and have no bother getting tickets for games.

Just out of interest, what's it like on the offical trips? I've heard some horror stories. I usually just go in the car or with the Back Page (who I've used a few times now and are very good).

Nearly all aways are on general sale now.

If you are a season ticket holder they preference you according to how many extra-ST matches you've applied to. Unless you are in the platinum club, in which case you get automatic priority. :razz:

Ok thanks for that.

The reason why I’d prefer to go to away games is purely because I live in Reading. So going to St James’ more than twice a year is out of the question for me.

I’ll give em a call :razz:.

Ok thanks for that.

The reason why I’d prefer to go to away games is purely because I live in Reading. So going to St James’ more than twice a year is out of the question for me.

Do you know Brock Manson?

Do not go with the official travel club, aka the picnic bus.

Most away games this season have gone to general sale, think they all have apart from Arsenal and Boro, I may be wrong.

As for the traveling part, well... if you want to be bored shit less and have a stupid old bloke called bob talking shite then go with the official travel club..

If you would like to have a decent day out there are plenty of other options, depends if you want to have a drink or not on the way down. The backpage is a popular way of traveling but you can't have a drink on the bus.

Best bet would be to have a read of this posted by Luke which is stickied at the top of the page...

People are always asking how I travel away with Newcastle, and asking for advice on it, so I've decided to put this (probably half arsed) guide together, just to give you's a bit of info..

I'm saying nowt about what coaches you can drink on, as I don't want to be resposible should there be any prying eyes..

Domestic away games

Toon Travel

Ran by a bloke called Keith Barrett. Leaves from Central Station in the Toon. He stops off at a bar on the way to most games, but for Liverpool, usually drops you off near the ground with plenty of time to spare for a jar or 6.

Keith has had to put up with a load of shit in the past couple of seasons, from horrible little bastards who think they're from the football factory, but also due to the stringent away day guidelines set out. Now, Keith only runs two busses to away games. Obviously this means he's going to cater for his regulars, which is perfectly fair.

The Mother in me advises you take some scran, water and paracetamol like, because most of the time, the coaches don't stop on the way there or back. That's with the exception of, sometimes, Southampton and Portsmouth, and maybe if we win, a bar on the way back from London. Like I say though, that doesn't always happen.

Overall though, once you're on the coach, the day more than makes up for it. It's usually class, and as long as yer on the ball, you'll get a seat.

Back Page

Lads from "The Back Page" sports memorabilia shop in town run this one. You have to be a member, but anyone can join, in the shop, for a couple of quid. You get a membership number, and everytime you book up for a game, either over the phone or, you quote it, and you get a bus ticket. They leave from outside The Gate in Town.

Nee drink allowed on here, although it's a good way to travel, and reccomended. They usually get there a few hours early, leaving time for a mini jugfest anyway. They stop on the way, and on the way back for a while usually.

There's more details, plus a bit of a guide to what's in the shop on thier website.. Clicky herio!

Offical Travel Club

Where to start with Offical Travel!?

They've only got two coaches. No drinking, no smoking, I'm surprsed they let you eat!

For a start, you have to be a member of the Travel Club. Then, just like away tickets, it works on a loyalty scheme. You apply for a place on the bus, and with the place on the bus, you get your match ticket, but like I say, dependng on how many times you've been with them before. I've been travelling away for years, but I've only ever used the travel club once. This means, due to thier loyalty scheme, if I had to travel with them to a game, I probably wouldn't get a ticket for the game. Mad? Aye!

Personally I thought it was a bit like going on a school trip, minus the noise, and I didn't like it. It's more for the families this one really. In fact, that should be it's name, NUFC Family Travel Club..

If you still want to use them ( unsure.gif ) they leave from SJP.

Train

Only ever use the train for London these days, as it's flipping expensive wherever you go. I usually get in as early as possible to get cheaper tickets. For London, you can end up paying form as little as £20, to as much as £180 return!

As anyone who has been, or lives in London will know, it's generally not that hard to get to the grounds in London from Kings Cross. It sometimes might take a while, and it can be really busy, but route-wise, it's fairly simple.

Of course, you can use the train for Liverpool and Everton, to Liverpool Lime Street. But it takes a while and is again, quite pricey. Last time I did it, it was £50-£60 Return. If you do though, in the past I've found the best way to do things is get a taxi from the station to the ground, I can't remember how mcuh it was though..

If you fancy a drink, and prefer to avoid the crowds around the ground, there's a pub outside Lime Street Station called the Puch and Judy, cheap, and was canny craic last time I was there..

Manchester games are trainable too, same route as the Liverpool train, just a few stops earlier. Same Price mind.

For the other two Northwest games (Blackburn and Bolton) you're better sticking to coach, as you have to go into Manchester and back out again on the train, complete waste of time and money!

For the West Midlands Games, Villa and Birmingham are both do-able by train, but again, you can pay anything from £20 upwards, depending on how quick you get a ticket. West Brom is best left for the Coach or the car. Bit of a faff on By train.

So, if you aren't a coach person, and don't mind forking out a bit of cash to go anywhere, the Train is Definitely for you..

Just out of interest, what's it like on the offical trips? I've heard some horror stories. I usually just go in the car or with the Back Page (who I've used a few times now and are very good).

its ok the lads i go with r a rite laugh - normally get to the ground bout 2 hrs before game - plenty time for the pub - it is alot better since the stewards on the bus have changed - competitions and shit

best of all u guaranteed a ticket - well i have never been refused one yet

Most away games this season have gone to general sale, think they all have apart from Arsenal and Boro, I may be wrong.

As for the traveling part, well... if you want to be bored shit less and have a stupid old bloke called bob talking shite then go with the official travel club..

If you would like to have a decent day out there are plenty of other options, depends if you want to have a drink or not on the way down. The backpage is a popular way of traveling but you can't have a drink on the bus.

Best bet would be to have a read of this posted by Luke which is stickied at the top of the page...

People are always asking how I travel away with Newcastle, and asking for advice on it, so I've decided to put this (probably half arsed) guide together, just to give you's a bit of info..

I'm saying nowt about what coaches you can drink on, as I don't want to be resposible should there be any prying eyes..

Domestic away games

Toon Travel

Ran by a bloke called Keith Barrett. Leaves from Central Station in the Toon. He stops off at a bar on the way to most games, but for Liverpool, usually drops you off near the ground with plenty of time to spare for a jar or 6.

Keith has had to put up with a load of shit in the past couple of seasons, from horrible little bastards who think they're from the football factory, but also due to the stringent away day guidelines set out. Now, Keith only runs two busses to away games. Obviously this means he's going to cater for his regulars, which is perfectly fair.

The Mother in me advises you take some scran, water and paracetamol like, because most of the time, the coaches don't stop on the way there or back. That's with the exception of, sometimes, Southampton and Portsmouth, and maybe if we win, a bar on the way back from London. Like I say though, that doesn't always happen.

Overall though, once you're on the coach, the day more than makes up for it. It's usually class, and as long as yer on the ball, you'll get a seat.

Back Page

Lads from "The Back Page" sports memorabilia shop in town run this one. You have to be a member, but anyone can join, in the shop, for a couple of quid. You get a membership number, and everytime you book up for a game, either over the phone or, you quote it, and you get a bus ticket. They leave from outside The Gate in Town.

Nee drink allowed on here, although it's a good way to travel, and reccomended. They usually get there a few hours early, leaving time for a mini jugfest anyway. They stop on the way, and on the way back for a while usually.

There's more details, plus a bit of a guide to what's in the shop on thier website.. Clicky herio!

Offical Travel Club

They've only got two coaches. No drinking, no smoking, I'm surprsed they let you eat!

For a start, you have to be a member of the Travel Club. Then, just like away tickets, it works on a loyalty scheme. You apply for a place on the bus, and with the place on the bus, you get your match ticket, but like I say, dependng on how many times you've been with them before. I've been travelling away for years, but I've only ever used the travel club once. This means, due to thier loyalty scheme, if I had to travel with them to a game, I probably wouldn't get a ticket for the game. Mad? Aye!

Personally I thought it was a bit like going on a school trip, minus the noise, and I didn't like it. It's more for the families this one really. In fact, that should be it's name, NUFC Family Travel Club..

Train

Only ever use the train for London these days, as it's flipping expensive wherever you go. I usually get in as early as possible to get cheaper tickets. For London, you can end up paying form as little as £20, to as much as £180 return!

As anyone who has been, or lives in London will know, it's generally not that hard to get to the grounds in London from Kings Cross. It sometimes might take a while, and it can be really busy, but route-wise, it's fairly simple.

Of course, you can use the train for Liverpool and Everton, to Liverpool Lime Street. But it takes a while and is again, quite pricey. Last time I did it, it was £50-£60 Return. If you do though, in the past I've found the best way to do things is get a taxi from the station to the ground, I can't remember how mcuh it was though..

If you fancy a drink, and prefer to avoid the crowds around the ground, there's a pub outside Lime Street Station called the Puch and Judy, cheap, and was canny craic last time I was there..

Manchester games are trainable too, same route as the Liverpool train, just a few stops earlier. Same Price mind.

For the other two Northwest games (Blackburn and Bolton) you're better sticking to coach, as you have to go into Manchester and back out again on the train, complete waste of time and money!

For the West Midlands Games, Villa and Birmingham are both do-able by train, but again, you can pay anything from £20 upwards, depending on how quick you get a ticket. West Brom is best left for the Coach or the car. Bit of a faff on By train.

So, if you aren't a coach person, and don't mind forking out a bit of cash to go anywhere, the Train is Definitely for you..

bob hasnt done it for the last two seasons

Domestic away games

Toon Travel

Back Page

Offical Travel Club

Train

Greg you massive ballbag! He's from Reading, do you think back page or the official travel club are likely to do a detour to Reading to pick him up? :razz:

Get back to bothering the Spurs fans! :razz:

Domestic away games

Toon Travel

Back Page

Offical Travel Club

Train

Greg you massive ballbag! He's from Reading, do you think back page or the official travel club are likely to do a detour to Reading to pick him up? :razz:

Get back to bothering the Spurs fans! B)

He didn't mention that till after I had typed out that post! :razz:

Ok thanks for that.

Edited by Obagoal

Ok thanks for that.

p.s. i am homosexual. is there a special section of the stadium for people like me?

What, people on a wind-up? :razz:

Lol! Sorry all I'm at work and can't leave this computer for a fucking second without someone writing something!

It's not true <_<.

Pity, Gemmill was getting moist.

I’m sorry to disappoint :razz:. Also I don't know anyone called Brock.

I Travel to most away games from London. I either get tickets through my season ticket, general sale, or through players (mostly). been to quite a few this season and usually travel by train/tube