Claudio Pizarro

khay

Bayern Munich striker Claudio Pizarro has ended speculation that he could be set to return to Werder Bremen when his contract at the Allianz Arena expires next summer.

The players' father, Claudio Pizarro senior, had recently confirmed that Bremen were in talks with the agent of the Peruvian international as they look to bring him back to the club.

But the 28-year-old has now made it clear that he is not tempted about a return to the Weser-Stadium.

"If I should stay in Germany, then Bayern is the only option," Pizarro told Kicker.

Pizarro made his Bundesliga breakthrough with Bremen in 1999 and Bayern spend €8 million in order to secure his service back in 2001, but — much to the bewilderment of the player — have yet hesitated to offer him a new contract.

"My first port of contact is Bayern, but the managing director [uli Hoeness] is not talking to me at the moment.

"I want to stay on, but if they don't talk to me, I will have to look for alternatives."

Pizarro admitted a number of clubs were chasing him with Spanish side Sevilla thought to be weighing up a move for the striker.

"There are many inquiries, but not a real offer yet," concluded Pizarro.

Contract up in the summer, only 28.Nobby could put a good word in.