RSS

Happy Face

Users of RSS content use programs called feed 'readers' or 'aggregators': the user 'subscribes' to a feed by supplying to their reader a link to the feed; the reader can then check the user's subscribed feeds to see if any of those feeds have new content since the last time it checked, and if so, retrieve that content and present it to the user.

which 'readers' or 'aggregators' should I use? Where can I download it?

Cheers.

This place not do it?

Edited by Happy Face

Users of RSS content use programs called feed 'readers' or 'aggregators': the user 'subscribes' to a feed by supplying to their reader a link to the feed; the reader can then check the user's subscribed feeds to see if any of those feeds have new content since the last time it checked, and if so, retrieve that content and present it to the user.

Cheers.

This place not do it?

RSS wouldnt really work on a forum though, you would end up with loads of links to posts, easier just to log in and view.

Cheers.

This place not do it?

RSS wouldnt really work on a forum though, you would end up with loads of links to posts, easier just to log in and view.

Would you not just have links to loads of topics rather than individual posts? This place can't get through more than 20 or 30 topics a day and I only come back to a small number of them. Thought it would be handy to be told as soon as a topic I want to read has been responded to.

;)

Cheers.

This place not do it?

Would you not just have links to loads of topics rather than individual posts? This place can't get through more than 20 or 30 topics a day and I only come back to a small number of them. Thought it would be handy to be told as soon as a topic I want to read has been responded to.

;)

think you're fucking important or something? Feel you shouldn't have to wade through the dross like the rest of us? Roasted Swan anyone?

p.s. readers = eyes

aggregators = brain

Cheers.

This place not do it?

;)

think you're fucking important or something? Feel you shouldn't have to wade through the dross like the rest of us?

I didn't, but then N-O broke and a bunch of numpties lowered the standards.

Cheers.

This place not do it?

;)

think you're fucking important or something? Feel you shouldn't have to wade through the dross like the rest of us?

I didn't, but then N-O broke and a bunch of numpties lowered the standards.

royalist pig

mob rule!!!!!!!!!1111!!1111

• 5 months later...
So is RSS supposed to work on here now or what?

I see the button at the bottom.

:icon_lol: thats me playing on, were looking at some sort of RSS but its in early days and would only be for news stories rather than full topics etc.